Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ManoliIsFat posted:

Birthday Boys is like my favorite show in the last decade, and that was perhaps the greatest bit

Half right, the greatest bit is the guys who know the formula for Coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Predictions: Nick will say it's fun but ultimately adds little to the universe. Mitch will have a meltdown about how much he hated it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

jack allison posted:

mitch has never read this thread directly (tho he does read like every comment on reddit), but i used to read him posts from this and the comedy bang bang thread when we lived together

how much of a character is he playing on the podcast?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I buy that Mitch is a birthday month guy.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
You know what's cooler than submitting a ton of drops to a podcast? Making fun of the guy who submits a ton of drops.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

NienNunb posted:

I feel like the people who get worked up about fork ratings and the results of tournaments would also get pissed about the scores in Whose Line Is It Anyway.

You mean like Mitch? I love when Gillian Jacobs gave Taco Bell a bad score and how much it upset the hosts.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It seems like they have a good relationship outside of the pod, I think a lot of it is just because they know the audience enjoys it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pastry of the Year posted:

the Hollywood Handbook guys are extremely boring and Carl should have struck out on his own

Speak on that.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I think Nick's dumber than Mitch, he's just more confident in the idea that he is smart.

One of my favorite dumb Nick things is when he asks live audiences an open ended question and expects responses beyond applause or cheering.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Mitch has more social intelligence, Nick is able to suck his own dick.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
And Matt Besser, the Human Snore.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

gabrus rules wtf

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

Went to the second show in Chicago last night, very funny. Gabrus brought 7 beers on stage and I think he finished them all.

Nick is surprisingly more fit than I expected.

He probably does a lot of crunches.

While he's trying to suck his dick.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Haha, gently caress, I have tickets to the Cleveland show.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've seen speculation that it's the Ben Affleck directed Ghost Army.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I attended #bugtour yesterday, ama.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

Was it good?

Ehhhhh. It was memorable. Ended up being about an hour of Jack Allison and various guests and twenty minutes of Bugman.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

WEH posted:

Let me stop you right there

Because that's definitely a yes.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

Yeah I'm glad they were finally on because I know Bryan's a big fan but I want them to do a proper review episode. maybe if the Doughboys ever get near Columbus

They'll be in Cleveland in January.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder if he asked to do the podcast and they didn't want to say no. I don't believe for a moment that Nick Wiger had never heard of these allegations, he loves hearing about this stuff.

Hey buddy, you ever molest any children?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

mitch surrounded by framed pictures of like a safari? nice

this should really help them with the "65+ but understands what a podcast is" demographic

imagine looking at those pictures and not immediately recognizing them as pictures his mum took on a safari she won in a contest for trying a sample of kaluha

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Doughboys in Cleveland with Carl Tart was gud.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
looks like this thread just got a little squirt of puddy sauce all over it, skittle skattle buzz buzz

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i used to live near an Arby's that routed the drive thru lane directly into incoming traffic, it ruled

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There’s a nearby Chick-Fil-a with a tiny parking lot poorly situated so drive thru traffic regularly backs up on a road by a freeway which the city isn’t a fan of. I eventually went there to see what the fuss was about and my chicken sandwich was ok. Very clean inside.

yeah, turns out designing buildings to be car accessible and placing them in dense urban areas was a bad idea

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

0konner posted:

What does this mean? Surely you don’t mean some one lane road in the opposite direction ran straight into the drive thru exit?

that's exactly what i mean

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

drive thru is blue, incoming traffic is red

edit: what this picture doesn't capture is the fact that that drive thru has zero visibility because there's a steep level difference between arbys and the street

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

i do not understand who likes bug mane

i like bug mane

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Go away, Bug Mane.

skittle skattle, you found me! I'm just a little buggie, skittling and skattling around the forums buzz buzz!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
hope he's okay, treatments are a lot better now so he should pull through fine

the dough must go on

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JethroMcB posted:

Plenty of companies make knock-off Cane's/Zaxby's sauces now. Just scan the condiment aisles of your local stores for a salmon-colored creamy sauce that name-drops chicken fingers/tenders on the label.

it's easy to make at home by mixing ketchup, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's really funny to have the idea for pirate month for years only to finally deploy it after the one popular contemporary pirate-based media franchise becomes a dicey subject.

It's fine to talk about One Piece.