Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not only is this show funny but, it's a great resource for knowing how many forks out of a possible 20 tines a chain restaurant gets for its food. You can use that information yourself to decide if you should eat there.

Work Friend Keven fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
For example: want to try eating Taco Bell? But aren't sure if you'd like Mexican food? No problem. Check out the Taco Bell ep and you'll know if Taco Bell is good or not. No spoilers from me... You'll have to listen.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

To me I felt their review of chicken fries was OFF THE MARK... Chicken fries are one of my favorite BK dishes... and these guys either got some bad fries or just don't have what it takes. Honestly messed up and I've never done this before but I'm putting this episode of doughboys in the Lead Plate Club and giving it only two and a half spoons: two regular spoons and one tiny collectible spoon.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

As for myself, I feel a boundless and justified rage at Mike "the spoon man" Mitchel confusing wing stop and wing street.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I get what he's saying but it wasn't really in the spirit of the podcast. I mean you can't knock something for being a chain restaurant on the chain restaurant podcast

It's funny to me how the hosts will trash a place for two and a half minutes and then give it four forks because they had a good time there on a family road trip when they were 9.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I don't like fast food places that make you pick all your toppings and stuff, it's counter productive and causes decision paralysis. And if you think... That's not a problem for you personally. Well maybe not directly but you're standing in line behind someone for whom it is.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

And 5 guys is a lower end version of like shake shack or the million places that sell counter burgers for 10-16 dollars so it's priced pretty well for where it is in the market.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

djnkro posted:

Cool, lets compare to in n out burger. For under 7 bucks I can get a double double, fries, and a soda. Which is I'd say a top 10 fast food cheeseburger.

Now, lets get the small cheeseburger, small fries, and a small soda at five guys. These are current prices at Fresno CA

little cheeseburger 4.50
fries (small) 2.29
drink (again small) 1.99

total 8.78 cents

And that's not even comparing against the full sized cheeseburger at five guys.

poo poo... Folks the numbers are in. Never thought I'd see the day but I've got to admit it: five guys is more expensive than in and out burger.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I havent listened to it yet but when I do I'll report back and give my opinion on this episode of the dough boys. That is my promise.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I just died laughing at the burger squad drops this is an A+ ep

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Gotta agree with Mitch on todays ep - love to get a good pupcorn at a game, and if I'm a little hungrier it's great to have a nice hutdug.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mr. Squishy posted:

Quick Kevin post 3 times to push this guy off the resident expert spot.

What the gently caress?!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

I think Nick and Mitch find their voices and settle into an engaging, combative back-and-forth pretty quickly, and they and the guests share pretty fun personal stories. That said, if you don't enjoy people super earnestly talking about fast/casual dining then you may want to ditch it. There's a reason that pretty much every episode is at least 90 minutes long. These people are genuinely invested in whatever bad food they're tackling that week.

If you want to experience a capsule version of the show, maybe try jumping ahead to the Rockdoughberfest episodes. In just four episodes you'll get a solid window into the show's dynamics, the hosts' chemistry and a foreshortened version of the Spoonman's gradual disillusionment with the very conceit of the podcast.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

AS the local and undisputed expert on this show let me just go ahead and call everyone involved a "bitch" over and over for some reason.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Stop being weird creeps in the thread for listening to men say if Taco Bell tastes good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lets give these cool greys some hot brown.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn. This is a great day for burger fans the world over.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

PLEASE no spoilers!! I won't be able to listen till I'm at the gym getting buff and good looking, after I finish my day at work where I make good, or even great, money.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Gemberling's basketball ratings were so funny!!!! Iwas laughting

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The Tournament of Chompions: Burger Brawl has been a long and ever rising high point in dough boys but I don't know if Nick and Mitch's friendship can survive it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Nicks laugh when Mitch says the room didn't seem so bad.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This was a fitting cap to the Tournament of Chompions 2016: Burger Brawl. Here's hoping to a repeat next year, and maybe this time sides can come off of the sideline and drinks can come out from in the stink.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

... at least i got soup ya soupless bitch

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Jensen going to both iterations of Yoshinoya is great. I drove by the La Cienega one for the first time last month and was blown away by how nice it looked compared to all the other gross ones around town. Speaking of making GBS threads your pants, the Santa Monica/Western one he went to is a great place to take a poo poo if you're ever driving around Hollywood with bubble guts.

Thanks... Will keep this in mind if I'm in LA and I get a touch of the rumblies.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I already forgot what it was but in this ep nick says the weirdest, grossest, most infantile thing in the world and Mitch says "...cool" . What did nick say.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I want to send in a spoon man drop that starts with howdy ho and then is well we only have time for one more segment and that's something called plugs and then an entire plugs theme and then Scott thanking the band and that's the end of the drop.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I wish Mitch would relax with being such a bully because I think that would give him a much more effective position from which to make fun of nick for being an infantile creep who wants a "tasty treat"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

When I want a nice sweet treat, a nice tasty bit... I love an ice cream branded with the minions. I love those little guys. I think they're just great. Just like a restaurant we value your feedback, let's open up the feedbag.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I love the pod cast dough boys!!!!!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Kind of ironic, given that he's now "roasting" in hell.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hold on is nick really a pedophile?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Shout out to me, Keven, for my great question on the live ep.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Please cross ref the ear wolf thread, Kevens list of things that are bad on podcasts... Looking... Ok... Looks like #1 is any call
In segment for any reason... Checking to see if there's an exception if the call in is a literal child with a social media account... Not seeing any. Alright. Unfortunate that it's come to this but I have no choice but to declare doughboys the worst podcast of all time, taking the top spot from the previous tie between every science podcast.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This weeks ep was So wet, enjoyable, incredibly wet. (suddenly in Mitch voice) mines actually kind of dry, not all the way in.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Work Friend Keven posted:

This weeks ep was So wet, enjoyable, incredibly wet. (suddenly in Mitch voice) mines actually kind of dry, not all the way in.

... I'd eat some brown V.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

This podcast has gotten really horny.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm not listening to the Bug Man episode, and I've never listened to the Armen episode.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The simpsons.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

He's a lovely creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

One of my favorite doughboy things is Mitch being the tough guy who instantly drops out of the bit and gets mad if you call him anything, while nerd Nick actually is really cool and chill and happy to mix it up - right up till you find one of his completely bizarre triggers.