Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I exclusively care about the food reviews and I'm boycotting this podcast till they review
1 McDonalds
2 KFC
3 Dunkin Donuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I liked back before Adam Corolla alientated every person in entertainment when he'd go on random podcasts and tell his exact same story regardless of what the podcast was or was about, the only question being at what point he'd advise young people to buy a house with their friends instead of renting.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Sounds like it's gonna be good, can't wait for the mcdonalds review so I can go back and listen to this one.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

drat they lost sonic too... idk man I guess this is what they deserve for the doughlympics though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Comedy reviews are so weird because like there will be one comedy a year critics will all agree to like and every single other comedy will be critics 37% fresh crowds 79%. And if you read the reviews they're always mad the comedy movie is making jokes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm not going to see it and it's obviously not good. But like office Christmas party I thought was a pretty funny movie with some 3rd act problems but overall funny, lot of laughs, TJs good etc. too many music video montage scenes but good luck finding a comedy that isn't true of at this point in time. I'd give it a B-. But go read a review of it sometime.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Dough boys will be my first ever pateron donation & I'll be happy to do it... right after they review mcdonalds.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The devil is more intense than aliens. L2 heighten noob.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If they send the devil enough food he will become good again. How is this confusing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mitch and Nick, on the podcast: were going to send the devil all the best chicken, so he becomes an angel again. We've just described the funny premise of our rating system. Hello.

Web forum posters: ????? Where is this coming from..? The devil isn't real and in the Bible it doesn't say he'll be a good guy if he eats chicken McNuggets? Are these guys... on loving drugs? And where can I get some?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'd watch a holocaust... ten holocausts

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Its going to make it all the way to the finals before losing to the In n' Out Double Double hamburger.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I don't have an opinion because I haven't listened to a single episode and won't till they review McDonalds.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Why would you want 10k/mo when you can get 80 dollars for a bonobos dot com ad read.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Help Im Alive posted:

There's also chapo trap house making 50k a month on there

And if they're splitting it evenly between the hosts, that's, let's see, carry the five... about 75 dollars a month each.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mitch will be allowed to gently caress after the doughboys review mcdonalds, and not a day sooner.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

"I think you guys will like this one. Stay frosty!"

"STAY FROSTY? I'M FROSTY????????????"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I broke my no listen till mcdonalds rule for this ep because I was told there was a lengthy shoutout to me on this one.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I think it's good when these two extremely sensitive men who've long since gone past hating each other as a bit into hating each other actually but being forever tied to each other because dough boys is the most successful thing they've ever done, become incoherently, screamingly, bizzarely angry over either 1. Fast food sides or 2. Basic obvious parts of their comedic personas. But I think it's bad if this happens about Star Wars.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wow great I'll update the spreadsheet

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Point of order: There's only 3 birthday boys, except if you count all the ones named Mike as different people. Then there's 15.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Tatumje posted:

The dedication to only purchasing albums in CD format is impressive, but ~1400 albums over two decades doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Encoding with a normal bit rate, his entire library is likely under 200GB.

I've been collecting since around 2004, and I only have 700 albums in my iTunes library. There is a massive backlog of albums that were released before I started seriously listening to music. Even within a single small music scene, a comprehensive collection could exceed 100GB. There is even a moderately famous list of the "1001 Albums to Hear Before You Die". This list excludes film soundtracks, music compilations, non-Western music, and the entirety of Western music before Frank Sinatra.

Recorded music is virtually endless.

When I'm not listening to anything in particular, I'll resume a full alphabetical order relisten of my library in order to clean things up. There is a ton of metadata that has to be checked for accuracy. If I don't own an artist's full discography, I will seek out any missing albums/EPs and determine if recent additions deserve a spot in the library. During each full relisten, I'll also prune old artists/albums that I no longer enjoy and clean up album artwork.

It's a huge time investment in order to reach a wide yet fundamentally shallow understanding of modern music history.

Oh wait, am I a crazy person?

Nice dude I hit the Spotify button with my face on it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

ManoliIsFat posted:

Ha, Will's latent computer obsession, getting out of programming but still checking in on it every so often, is great to me. He apologies 90% of time, saying he's sorry to be talking about something so dumb. It's a really endearing podcast. I don't listen every week, but I think it's of the more compelling shows. But my favorites are also the ones where they break the form, and just have Mantzoukas or Walsh just nerd out about the start of UCB.

I don't like how improv guys have all trained themselves to never talk about craft because nobody in the actual world cares... but everyone listening to your dumb podcast does care.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

(In Simpsons ep where they break into skinners office voice) 12k a month, and they've been doing the podcast for one hundred episodes... the doughboys are millionaires!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

He out and out admits that the only thing he actually eats is, and sorry for being crude but this is what he says, "milf pussy".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Some pretty good burns on mitch for talking weird directly after a planned segment where they ate dry cup noodles covered in tobacco & Advil (???)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wow... I think I'm done with comedy bang bang now that I can get great character work and improv on doughboys.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Hick Wiger is like... an actual Mike Hanford character.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Just listened to this weeks ep, big fan of the new Paul Rust character "David Neher"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The only thing that depresses me is when like mitch becomes insanely angry and embarrassed irl that nick didn't buy into "shakers". Giving extremely detailed reviews of the same 4 fast food hamburgers and mid level chain entrees is the funny part.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

R. Guyovich posted:

this podcast got me to buy my first fast food meal in like six years and it was a spicy chicken sandwich.

i shouldn't have broken the streak

Got to say I think master of none is pretty bad and you should really step things up.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I have about six beers and some french fries

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Lmao the part where they keep saying the wonderwall parody and then saying it's stupid and then doing more.

I just got to the hot or not song.

Great ep

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The main difference is Joe is alive.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm a corn baby

Yeah... I'm also a corn baby.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Dough Boys Review: Mitch started insulting lebron james for no reason so I mashed fast forward a few times, directly to the guest being mad at people who don't like hamilton, deleted episode.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I guess a white collar dipshit like you wouldn't understand how blue collar guys like me feel when people talk about Hamilton. Whatever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Thats the dumbest post I've ever read.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm getting real tired of Mitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

FitFortDanga posted:

I feel really bad that someone is making you listen to all these podcasts that you don't like.

What podcasts