Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

I'm not an audio snob, but the levels were so far off that I couldn't listen to it.

JethroMcB posted:

Today's play-in minisode for the 6th seed was a great, silly installment with a wildly unexpected outcome.

Also Spoonman's continued insistence that Five Guys demands too much of the customer is ridiculous. You can always just ask for it "All the Way" - mayo, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, grilled onions and mushrooms. There, that is their "signature" burger that you don't have to think about.

Mayo, mustard, and ketchup seem like a terrible combination of toppings on a burger. I always like two, but never three.

Edit:
I'll add that the 'Send it to the Mon-stars/Aliens' is an utterly hilarious addition to the tournament. I think the 'iconic' nature of the Whopper does lend some reasoning behind why you would send one to an alien race vs. just some boring 5 guys make up your own burger. I also think that there is real merit behind the idea of the chain coming up with what they believe is a great combination of ingredients. The whole make your own burger thing can be real hit or miss.

n8r fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

God holy poo poo this is a funny podcast.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Reformed Pissboy posted:

I'm only 13 minutes in and... this podcast is so loving good

Owns so so so hard.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think the best part was the first 10 second silence penalty when Wiger says Deflate-Gate is all true, and you can hear Mike sniff loudly because he's legit pissed. The amount of trolling on both sides is totally hilarious.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Get that poor woman a cough button. The serial bit / music opening made me laugh out loud.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I'm not sure I can go back to non-Munch Madness EPs. I feel like the last month of EPs really stepped up the game.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

djnkro posted:

The Doughboys runs the risk of becoming an insular L.A-centric review podcast, which heavily relies on in-jokes.
It did not work for Mike and tom, and it will not work for Tiny Wiges, and the spoon-hound.

There are only so many large national chains, unless they branch out into smaller stuff, they'd have to start repeating places. The in jokes about star wars and Boston are great, and I don't think they are so inside that the casual listener can't follow. The last EP rants about Bill Nye were hilarious.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Reesees Peesees

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I'd say whatever episode spoon nation came into being. Honestly there are enough reoccurring bits that it makes the most sense to start early. I really enjoy the nearly every podcast hate on episode 7.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Every Doughboys should be live from now on.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSgLuhiAjk

Holy crap

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

http://mitch.pizza/

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

It really seems like the gimmicks are what pisses them off, if they just stick to trying new places it probably wouldn't be bad at all.

Gimmicks piss them off? What about the Force awakens sucks bit (which it did) that went on for 6 months.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Spencer needs his own segment - maybe something pre-recorded/call in? He could definitely replace Wiger - even though Wiger is great.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Fisting Tent posted:

I have to say the amount of heavy breathing on the Drew McWeeny episode was horrible, do they mic nostrils at Feral Audio?

Yah that's a fat guy problem it seems. I was thinking a drop with a megacut of all of Mike sighing heavily into the mic would be funny too.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I liked him as well. Bug Mane was straight out of a cbb character segment. It made me wonder if they could have other people on playing characters. That'd definitely mix things up a little it (wigerism).

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I swear the Doughboys are currently trolling all it's listener in an attempt to go back and watch those steaming piles of garbage that are the prequels. Ain't gonna do it no sir.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I enjoy how Wiger keeps repeating how relaxed and going with the flow he is on the new year. That is the sign of someone who is the opposite of relaxed and going with the flow.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Apex Rogers posted:

Outside of the Rogueboys episode, do they talk about Rogue One very much? I haven't seen it and would like to avoid major spoilers.
I have not seen Rogue One but I gotta admit I wanted to spoil it in this post.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I went to the Doughboys taping at Sketchfest yesterday. Taco Bell 2 with Jon Gabrus, and there's a super heartwarming surprise at the end.

Is super heartwarming a treatment for a heart attack? Who had it Mitch or Gabrus?

I think it's funny that people don't like the Star Wars talk. I'm not a big fan of it at all, and their very serious arguments and the depth of knowledge on it is hilarious.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

It's funny how often doughboys makes me want to go eat at the place they are talking about. I had never had a CGC before, so yesterday I went and got one. First of all - the drat thing was $3 from Taco Bell - nothing is that good at taco bell IMHO. I wasn't a big fan, but I definitely like other taco bell items.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I LOVE FRIES

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

It's because Nick doesn't have emotions, he's trying to replicate what he thinks emotions sound like.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think Mitch needs to stop trying to hide his masshole accent. All his buddies accents are great. I loved the sharkfin soup bit the one guy had.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Oh man this was an awful episode.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I think they need some sort of hook / basis for the episode. I think some of best parts of the show are the stupidly complicated rules and ratings they have for the restaurant. I think that was why the burger shootout were IMHO their best work. Each episode kept layering on more and more absurdity to the entire thing. I think the 'standard' episodes could stand to have a bit more of the ongoing 'yes and' rules and ratings silliness.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Work Friend Keven posted:

I exclusively care about the food reviews and I'm boycotting this podcast till they review
1 McDonalds
2 KFC
3 Dunkin Donuts

They've already done Dunkin Donuts - at least somewhat - episode 66.

The telling the same story on every podcast reminds me of Hardwick talking about his Dad being a pro bowler. The last thing this world needs is comedians 'getting real' AKA talking about the biz and how they broke into comedy.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

If they do McDonalds at 100 they should do something goofy like only review the dollar menu or breakfast only. Just to piss people off.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Talking about quitting the podcast, hating how much they are doing it, then announcing patreon with extra episodes.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I wonder how much more $$ they'd have if they had more than a $5 patreon tier.

I have a very odd love for this podcast, but the fact that they are pulling in $4k/month for the podcast is pretty hilarious. I will say that the podcast encourages me to eat far more fast food than I would normally.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Anyone else think post fight doughboys has not been as good?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I thought she'd be a good match for Mitch.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

This girl is a crappy guest and has a crippling eating disorder.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Mitch was ashamed of the fact he only ate 45 nuggets.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

McDonald's will be platinum plate club.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

There were a few times where Mitch dropped into his Boston accent a bit more. I think he should stop covering it up and just embrace it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

What about the friend from Canada that sounded like a female in the background. Mitch is importing his pussy.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Bugmane is the best. I am tumescent with excitement.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I don't understand for the hate on the star wars stuff, I think it's hilarious because I'm not a star wars nerd. I don't get all butthurt when someone's opinions aren't what I agree with.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Tatumje posted:

I loved Hayes' thought on the second HH appearance on Doughboys of forcing them to review either McDonalds or a super expensive LA-only restaurant.

I really want to hear a bad fork rating for a $300 meal at Spago.

They're making $12k/month on their patreon, they could swing Spago if they wanted to...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The DD guest this week was a total dud.