Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Serious post, order Jimmy Johns online and you can customize the hell out of your sandwich, walk in, and get handed your sandwich without having to wait for anything (or get it delivered). I think the fast food portion where they get all serious can be really funny. I think fast food is great when enjoyed in moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

They should release the place they are going to review prior for the live shows.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The patreon is up to ~14k.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Can you have dysmorphia when you actually do look like fat sack?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Does anyone think the quality of this podcast has dropped off a bit since they moved from taping at the Feral studios to Mitch's apartment? I also think that the doing multiple episodes in one sitting hasn't helped either.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The Susser speech was hilarious. Also he’s 100% right that the show is not quite as good since moving to Mitch’s apartment.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Why did they not try to sell the show elsewhere?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Susser did much better in the Seattle EP vs. the Portland one. Probably a bit less nervous.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I tweeted them to get rid of half fork ratings. Primarily because Dicks should be platinum plate club.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Wiger gave Dicks 5 forks.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gonna have to dip back in for that shiz.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

That episode... not sure it was worth the payoff. I just can't handle large doses of Gabrus.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

Uhh Yeah Dude and Chapo are both independent, ad free, and they manage to tour. I'm sure they have reps behind the scenes but they aren't on the big networks. Doughboys makes more per month than UYD does.

If UYD went to a $5/month and at least 2 bonus non live episodes a month I’d bet they would double their money.

It’d be very interesting to find out what sort of money the really popular non patreon podcasts make. The expectations to produce more than one episode a week may convince enough people they don’t want to do it.

Using a network to deal with all of the logistics makes sense to me. Lots of these people have other gigs and the last thing they want to do is run a business around their podcast. Despite people begging to be on the show, I’m sure booking it is a pain in the dick.

The feral model of doing both ad supported and patreon supported content is probably a really good approach.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

One other thing to note is that the Doughboys have a big enough audience that they can negotiate the terms of a p'cast network deal. It's one thing to be a complete nobody starting a show, but the Doughboys have enough listeners that a network might eat most of the normal costs of running the show in order to gain more listeners overall. If MaxFun or anyone else offers them a good enough deal, they'll probably go with that instead of dealing with hiring/managing people and running things by themselves.

Except they threaten to quit constantly.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The Ike's founder guy mentioning he worked really hard for EIGHT WHOLE MONTHS made me chuckle in how out of touch it sounded. That whole segment was a big record scratch - which isn't the worst thing in the world.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Man Claudia is funny in such a weird way. Can't put my finger on it, but she kills it.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

First tournament of chompions episode.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

I can’t get enough of Bug Mane in podcast form but I bet if we were in the same room together for ten minutes I’d end up pinning him to the ground punching him while screaming ARE YOU EVEN CAPABLE OF EXPRESSING GENUINE HUMAN EMOTION?!

Being actual friends with him seems exhausting.

You know it's a bit right?

Bugmane is funny.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The percentage of female question askers at the live shows is stunning.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earwolf/comments/958t7v/hollywood_handbook_250_the_doughboys_our/e3s6086/

Spencer seems to have some decent points, but probably not the right place or context to express it. No idea why Jack feels like he has to stand up for the doughboys, maybe he's the Michael Cohen of the doughboys universe? Gotta have someone do all your dirty work.

Why is this an issue with the $$ anyway - who can't multiply $5 * 6100? I don't get why the doughboys decided to hide it, and I don't get why anyone would get pissy about it. I have only heard Spencer guest on a few pods I listen to, and he's legit great on the shows he's been on. His doughboys episode is a great one, and when Wiger finally dies from autoerotic asphyxiation he'd make a great replacement.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

I think it boils down to the podcast “doughboys” is super entertaining but Mitch seems like an rear end in a top hat and probably would be a lovely friend while Nick actually seems genuinely nice and considerate

Also Mitch endlessly ranting about which ocean is better wtf who cares

There is no way that anything they do on the 'show' is a 'bit' or they may be 'acting'.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is anyone here actually interested in listening to the Deli Boys?

gently caress yes

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Goddamn they need another bugmane EP.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

They should just end the podcast, it'll never get funnier than the Harris joke.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I mean his new podcast is a Team Coco production so that's a quid pro quo situation, right? Somebody cashing in a favor?

Conan is canceled?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I had no idea Rob Lowe was cancelled, isn't it most plausible that they didn't either?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

drainpipe posted:

As someone whose work is purely intellectual, I've had similar thoughts to Wiger. There is an allure to a job that's just a job, where you can forget about it as soon as you clock out, and where your reputation and self worth is not dependent on how well you perform your job.

I'm also aware that this is most likely just "grass is greener on the other side" feelings.

To think people that work at Costco don’t think about their jobs or how it effects their self worth is kinda arrogant. People who work all kinda of jobs have similar issues even if they aren’t ‘purely intellectual’. Try getting over yourself.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

There are professional football players, pilots, and surgeons treating their job as clock in clock out. Just because you’re an upper middle class white person it doesn’t mean you have to care about your job.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Audio quality of the guests was so bad I had to bail.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Nick’s dismissiveness on traveling is some of the loving weirdest poo poo I’ve ever heard. What a strange man.

I should save that conversation and play it back to people to illustrate my perspective on travel.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Slide whistle bit was good. Everything else was meh. Solid 3 fork guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

The arbys fish sandwich isn't very good. Wish I'd just gotten the roast beef.