Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Wiger's sound drops and Spoonman's counter-drop today had me laughing so drat hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Great ep. I really enjoyed hearing Wiger completely losing it over Spoonman's final vote. Mitch is the best antagonist.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think people dislike their fries just because the burgers so consistently good and cheap and everything else is perfect. They're definitely not crisp like McDonald's, but I've never minded because they taste so fresh (chopped on-site) and aren't dripping in greasy fatty oil.

I personally love In-N-Out fries, but the observation made on the podcast that the quality drops off dramatically as they cool is completely accurate. Fresh out of the fryer they're a delight, but by the time they're merely "warm" I've lost interest almost completely.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

I imagine a lot more podcasts will be looking hard at the Patreon model after seeing Doughboys go from being basically revenue neutral for the hosts, to generating just under $9k a month in such a short span. I have no idea what kind of listener numbers they pull compared to some of the more popular Earwolf shows, though.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Know Such Peace posted:

I guess I’ve just missed all of Joe Mande’s podcast appearances. It’s eerie how similar he sounds to Harris. Talking about dumb fast food chain details helped complete the whole Wittels experience.

This is the very first thing I noticed too. I have to keep reminding myself I'm not listening to Harris Wittels. It's uncanny.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Popete posted:

I didn't realize people actually still went to theme parks with any regularity as adults unless you have kids.

If you want a window into the minds of these kinds of people, try an episode of Podcast: The Ride, a podcast about theme parks hosted by “four childless men who would rather enter the basketball court inside the Matterhorn than Christ’s kingdom of Heaven”.

It’s also really good and funny. Nick Wiger guested on an ep dedicated to the new Disneyland parking structure.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is there a specific reason they’ve avoided Panera, one of the most popular fast food chains in America, for the entire run of the show?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

You don’t need to do cardio to lose weight. Eating right and lifting is totally sufficient and probably better for Mitch’s joints until he drops some weight, at which point it’d be good to introduce something low impact.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Is Derek Waters half drunk in this ep or is that just how he always is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

indigi posted:

it's funny how scared they are of PFT cause I'd be exactly the same even though he's by all accounts (including listening to how he acts on podcasts) one of the nicest and most generous people in comedy

He walked past me once on his way into the theatre where Superego was performing and I suddenly felt super intimidated by this guy who’s been the friendliest voice on every comedy podcast I listen to. It surprised me. I wouldn’t have dared say hello to him.