Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This drove me unreasonably crazy. I hoped he was doing a bit, but no, he just doesn't know how to pronounce loving Popeye's.

I think Mike Mitchell is the dumbest person I listen to on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Should I hold off on the Rogue One episode until I see the movie? i.e. spoilers?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Wiger's insistence on dropping the g every single time he says "dippin' sauce". It's so delightfully corny.

I've never been a big fan of Jon Daly (except as Bill Cosby Bukowski). He doesn't seem to get Doughboys.

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 28, 2017

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I don't mind when they talk Star Wars because they're still funny, but boy do they have lovely taste in movies. Adam Sandler and Pirates of the Caribbean, yikes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

omg "Count Chocula before he got bit" is hilarious and perfect

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Apex Rogers posted:

I'm listening back to the Hollywood Handbook episode featuring Mitch (http://www.earwolf.com/episode/mike-mitchell-our-close-friend/) and Mitch is revealing some crazy Doughboys behind-the-scenes stuff. I recommend y'all give it a listen.

How does anyone tell Sean and Hayes apart? They're doing the exact same shtick with the exact same voice.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: I'm hoping out-of-state live shows involve reviewing local chains. They'd probably end up doing Burgerville if that's the case.

That'd be interesting. I've always thought Burgerville's burgers are tremendously overrated. Thin, limp, flavorless patties. Their fish & chips are awesome though.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Taco Time is pretty great. Their crisp chicken burrito is one of my favorite fast food items.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Texas gets Gabrus and we get loving SUSSER? Goddamn it....

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Everyone agreeing that Frankfurters are an American invention is crazy.

No one said that. They said it's an American food, not an American invention.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Picky eaters are so annoying. I just want to shake them and scream "GROW UP!" in their faces.

(I say this mostly because I'm pretty picky about a lot of food and I hate that about myself, but I'm nowhere near as bad as Chelsea Davison)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

This episode is my favorite 2 hours of anything.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm getting real tired of Mitch

I feel really bad that someone is making you listen to all these podcasts that you don't like.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's funny how Mitch constantly misuses "sick gently caress". Anyone he's mad at for any reason can be a "sick gently caress".

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2017/10/10/doughboys-podcast-interview/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

https://www.facebook.com/doughboyspodcast/posts/1909516642701968

Looks like the boys will be talking Taco Time tonight in Portland. As a big fan of their Crispy Chicken Burrito, I'm excited!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Portland was a really great show. The most I've laughed in ages.

"You have died of dysentery".

I think they've taken "hot salad" as far as it can go now, though. Any more might feel like beating a hot dead horse.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Koholint posted:

live podcasts should never have audience questions.

If it only because it encourages goons to try to insert themselves into the podcast by doing stupid poo poo like this:

Chronicles posted:

Listen for my "you sick gently caress!" after the wasted lady asks what the group would do if they poo poo their pants onstage.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch’s “what the gently caress?!?!” counter was off the charts this episode.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch's jumping on EVERYTHING that Nick says, and getting pissed off when anyone else takes Nick's "side", is starting to wear thin. It can be a great part of the show's comedy, but he's leaning on it way too hard lately. It's becoming less of a fun dynamic and more like a tiresome and ineffective bully.

Besides that, this is a great episode. As much as I loved seeing them in Portland, Gabrus is 10 times more fun than Susser.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nick sprung from his bed, ran to the window and opened it quick
Twas Christmas morning, no time... to suck his own dick

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I think Mitch hated TLJ mostly because Nick liked it.

I'm starting to kind of hate Mitch :( Not because I have any particular allegiance to SW (although I did enjoy TLJ) but I'm just getting really tired of his lame attempts to bully Nick. What was once a funny gimmick has just become a bummer.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

cams posted:

this is mitch at his most intolerable, he a big argumentative baby

"I really liked it..."
"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!"

If it's all just a bit, then props to Mitch for some solid acting. It sure feels like he's genuinely pissed off about Star Wars and people who disagree with him about it.

The auction was a hilarious clusterfuck though, in classic Doughboys fashion. What are the rules? Can you bid zero credits? Can you keep the auction going after you've filled your roster? Why did anyone bother doing opening bids greater than 1? No one knows.

I really expected someone to pick "The Force" as their wildcard.

#teamwiger

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Reformed Pissboy posted:

The boys are on today's episode of Off Book and sing their little hearts out and make very good jokes. it fuckin rules

http://earwolf.com/episode/picket-line-pals-w-the-doughboys-mike-mitchell-nick-wiger/

Less than two minutes after Jessica set the scene as a CVS, Mitch hosed it up and called it Ralph's. Good job, Mitchy Two Spoons.

Pedantic nitpicking aside, this was pretty enjoyable. I love Nick's angry singing voice.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Tavarin posted:

Claudia is the best

God yes. She needs to be on more often.

I had to roll my eyes at this:

Claudia: "What's your favorite pizza in the whole world?"
Mitch: "[some place] in Boston" (because of course it's in Boston)
Claduia: "What do you like so much about it?"
Mitch: "It's so good!"
Claudia: "Uh huh...."
Mitch: "Ummm... brick oven.... uh... it's just the best!"

The world's most inarticulate man, Mitchy Two Spoons.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caligulamprey posted:

...why would you think that?

I really want someone to hold his feet to the fire on this. At one point he stammered out something about cupcakes having filling, which is nonsense. Most cupcakes do not have filling, but I bet Mitch's main point of reference for cupcakes is loving Hostess.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Dr.Radical posted:

I like that Mitch actually used the term “I am so steamed” in a sincere way and not ironically in the Pie Hole episode. Him getting pissed about Wiger’s differing opinion on some lovely chain restaurant is always hilarious

THIS IS TRASH! THIS IS TRASH!

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mike Mitchell might be the most insecure man in the world. And the least articulate. I'd love to read a transcript of any given Doughboys episode just to count the number of times Mitchy stumbles over his words or restarts a sentence.

(and yet, I absolutely love this podcast and am delighted to listen every time)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I bought Diet Cherry 7-Up today because of the podcast. It's... okay.

I would have tried Diet Sunkist too, but my local supermarket doesn't carry it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caligulamprey posted:

Super Deluxe Burger is as close to In-N-Out Portland has taste-wise, but the buns are rubbery as hell and they only have a small sized combo which is only about a dollar less than a large Double Western combo over at Carl's. They also put truffle oil all over their fries so it tastes like LittleBigBurger anyway (same dude). Two and a half forks, Bill Oakley is full of poo poo.

Haven't tried it yet but the truffle oil is a red flag for me.

caligulamprey posted:

EDIT: My money's on Killer Burger's Jose Mendoza as my favorite burg in town. Bacon, Roasted Green Chilies, Monterey Jack, House Sauce, Grilled Onion & Pickle.

I find Killer Burger rather underwhelming. IMO, the best burger in town is at Gateway Breakfast House.

(not my photo)

Also, did Mitch and Wiger forget that they visited Portland less than a year ago?

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 27, 2018

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch is extra lovely to Wiger when women are on the show.

I sometimes feel like I should HATE Mitch, but mostly I just feel sorry for him.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

Finally listened to the Ice Cream Finals ep. What a rollercoaster.

[Wiger suggests it would be smart to put a roll of paper towels on the table given how often they consume messy items, leading to a minute long legit Mitch freak-out]
"Wow, what is Mitch's problem? Wiger made a thoughtful suggestion and this is how he responds?"

[Wiger speaks at length about how he does not like the Ben & Jerry's Caramel Core pint and how it's "impossible" to get a perfect bite]
"I hope Mitch puts this fuckin nerd through the table. This is poo poo. Wiger is a bitch and always has been. The Burger Brigade is wack."

[Mitch complains about Wiger having "loaded" the scoring for Hagen-Daaz and complains until the results are overturned]
"This is ridiculous! Wiger voted first, Mitch, if you wanted B&J's to win you could have taken that into account when assigning your numbers."

[Wiger votes for Baskin-Robbins]
"Mitch did nothing wrong."

Wiger is always right, and Mitch is always wrong, plus he's an insecure baby. Burger Brigade 100%

(I do enjoy Salted Caramel Core, although I must say the last time I got one the entire "core" was sitting at the top of the pint so the first third was amazing and then the rest of it kinda sucked)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love that Susser got called out for trying to bribe Yusong to push for Susser merch.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

it's blindingly obvious that Mitch only wants to do "Grocery Month" so that Trader Joe's can win. Why else would he rage so hard against Nick's hot food bar rule (which, given the podcast's premise, is the sensible way to go)?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mitch's insecurity is endlessly fascinating to me. His need to take Wiger down at every possible opportunity is detestable but hilarious. He really strikes me as a toxic individual who needs some therapy, but I'm so entertained by their dynamic that I don't actually want anything to change.

I also love/hate how giddy he gets every time one of his opinions get validated by someone else (e.g., the thing with the green tea ice cream) and how distraught he gets when someone sides with Wiger. He desperately NEEDS everyone on his side when he disagrees with Wiger. Meanwhile, Wiger is 100% content to be the odd man out.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

It's nice how people think Mitch has the intelligence and the acting chops to pull off such a charade week after week. The poor guy needs some people who believe in him like that.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

WerthersWay posted:

It's fun and funny.

This is what it boils down to. Ultimately I don't care if it's real or if it's a bit, as long as they keep doing it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

Well yeah, he's not named "Wally." He's named after, you guessed it, SOMETHIN' FROM QUINZEE

sigh... OF COURSE he did...

Someone COMPLAINED about Breadcast? Multiple someones, apparently? What the gently caress is wrong with people?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

xbilkis posted:

Hearing Mitch talking about Jewish people is a thrilling experience

He's SO delightfully desperate to be accepted by them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

gently caress no. I can't imagine Evan Susser being good or entertaining at anything besides irritating Nick and Mitch.