Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Yeah, I can’t think of many others. There’s Captain D’s, which I’ve never heard of until today, and there are fewer locations than there are LJSes; then there is Arthur Treacher’s, of which there is but one, and it’s about five minutes from where I live. All three started the same year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Mitch has stairs in his house.

And he was angry that Wiger brought it up. Confirmed, Mitch is a goon.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

bartlebee posted:

Oh man don't make this Jack in the Box episode your first listen, it's inscrutable lol. If you recognize any of their past guests and like them I'd start there. For me, any episode with Jon Gabrus or Nicole Byer or Mary Holland are always fun. Jason Mantzoukas is on at least one and he's incredible.

In the vein of Gabrus and Byer I recommend Betsy Sodaro too. Carl Tart is an all-timer as well. Oh we in Boston now.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Isn’t Nic Cage in the latest MK? As himself?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Cage is being added to Dead by Daylight as DLC. JCVD is doing a voice for MK, not as himself though.

I think I must have misheard something on Get Played, because they mentioned JCVD and then went immediately to Nic Cage, and I guess I thought they were still talking about MK

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sS2mPynJ8Y

I’m partial to this one. iirc Mitch broke the bed when they made this sketch and Fabio was immediately concerned for Mitch’s safety

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I forget, was Matt ever on CBB as the proprietor of Kissy’s before Get Played started?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

Having not listened to this episode yet, the fact that the topic is so loving dumb, but the guest is The Knife means it should rule.

And it did, she was on fire the whole time despite the lack of sleep

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Susser would absolutely crash a PTA function to eat up all the food

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Mitch should do more songs
Wiges singing is entertaining—for different reasons, of course—but Mitch is p. good

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I wish Lamar had given it a six-fork review if only to get Mitch’s reaction to the scary number :devil:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

^^ yeah I had to look it up too; it was a bald guy named Arnold Vosloo, who looked more to me like the guy who played the eponymous Amazing Colossal Man

He was in The Scorpion King 3–didn’t even know there was a second one let alone a third—but I don’t know if he was a mummy or anything like that

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Leave it to Wiger to wreck The Devil’s Chicken

Also: I was on the fence before, but guys, Murder is Real

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Got any cheeeese?”
/

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Binowru posted:

Shamelessly stolen from Instagram, here's Doughboys Bingo.

They had the good sense not to make it a drinking game. It’s missing a couple of things though, like “Mitch rowed crew” or “Mitch has an Oedipal complex”

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I saw a guy the other day wearing a New York pizza tshirt that had the boroughs listed at the bottom and I chuckled to myself

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I went into this episode expecting a Let Me Be Frank but I eventually let my guard down and they still got me

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I liked how giddy Paul Rust was during that whole bit

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

quote:

Lisa Gilroy’s Special Juice:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp water

Mix into sludge

You know what? It tracks.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

whydirt posted:

But enough about Mitch

No, Mitch shoots himself down before he finishes his jokes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I think What’s Going On? was an interesting idea, in which he was a talk show host with no prep time or even any idea who the guests or jokes were. It could have been a limited series so the gimmick didn’t wear out too quickly, maybe a show that aired as a special every now and then so he’d always actually be caught off guard

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I just learned today that the day after they shot the What’s Going On? pilot was the day Mitch found out his dad’s cancer was terminal. Big oof.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I got thrown for a sec when that first ad came on, it was gud

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

The Official Doughboys website has a link to Rudolph’s Roadside

The first responders wall is a v. touching tribute to Are Heroes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

When the hell are they gonna stop talking poo poo about Marc Doofson and finally get him on the pod?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Feigning plausible deniability, clever move

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That’s quickly become the Doughboys brand so I’m not even surprised by that either

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Othello is Mitch’s favorite character from Othello, and he might just slot him into the #2 & #3 spots too.

Don’t forget The Bard, he’s great. Othello is the best

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Seriously. The Reddit page is just filled with parasocial freaks who basically build out fan fiction about what they’re “actually” thinking. My favorite is when commenters are like “it’s obvious Mike and Nick hated this guest.”

Oh god they do that for so many podcasts and the like, I hate it so much. There’s a local radio show I listen to and the dedicated subreddit goes so far as to say the regulars on the show hate each other. That is, when the redditors themselves are constantly bitching about how much they hate everyone on the show and nobody likes it, despite it being #1 in its time slot.

I left Reddit when that whole API debacle went down and I do not miss how terrible redditors are

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

I visited Cuba a couple years ago and had this issue at customs where the guy asked me what my name was, and I gave it to him and he was like, "No, I need your full legal name"

Holy poo poo, got me again

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

For some reason I think Con Air came out that year too, but it was ‘97, so it came out the same year as Face/Off, not The Rock

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I really hope that the tempura green beans from The Habit win it’s predestined to be cgc and we all know it Susser hosed up.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hanford was on the Double and he was partly the reason the Baja Blast Freeze was in the finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Did they ever drop the act? Before the sky dropped the asteroid?