Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6907

i rushed here to warn you as soon as i learnt of this threat targeted at the very top of the free software world

be aware that if any rape charges should surface against this moral pillar in our community, it is most likely a false flag by "women in tech" advocacy groups and definitely not him being a sexist racist gently caress

it's a shame that the females would stoop so low as to accuse this nebuchadnezzar of the bazaar, but with this advance warning we will be able to beat them back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
I suppose I should clarify, since I did ultimately imply “at arms length” regarding the “women that I work with”…

I have complete professional respect for these women. They are superb and competent. Yet I feel that I must keep them at arms length – in a “walking on eggshells” sense – lest I trigger the vaginal fury of the demented feminist hellwitch.

Or…I just don’t need the loving headache…and I really don’t want to strap on my asskicking boots to kick some misguided females into orbit.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
yeah all the ladies want to tinker with linus' peen but for some reason he never says anything about it? maybe it's because he's one of them???? makes u think

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
bloody lesboids

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
free as in speech, not as in get your filthy hands off my jizz podules

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

this fuckin guy is a disgusting example of humanity

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
hot females

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Hopefully, with ESRs contribution to the seed fund, 2015 will be remembered as the year of VAG Linux on the desktop

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ucuntu

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
the cuntthedral and the jizzer

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
haha jay maynard's little picture in the comments

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

esr is so kawaii

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i'd let esr spermjack me... but only just a little :nyoron:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
Whoops, looks like all of us in the linux community here at freeesr.org were way off-base on this one! See ya over on the LKML

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
why not just open source his genetic code?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
only code hes ever written

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
it's never been unit tested

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=3554 posted:

Android development pulls hot chicks. Who knew?
Posted on 2011-08-05 by Eric Raymond

There I was, within earshot of the smoker’s bench outside the front entrance of the hotel hosting the World Boardgaming Championships, when I overheard the word “Android” from the three college students sitting on and around it, who I mentally tagged the Guy, the Gamer-Girl, and the Hottie. I moved a bit closer, to polite conversational distance for a stranger, and when they noticed me asked if they were talking about smartphones.

One of them (I think Gamer-Girl) said “Yes” and within about ten seconds I learned that they all had Androids and were huge fans, and had been discussing apps and fun things to do with the device. I smiled and told them I’d written some of the code in their phones.

The Hottie, a slender but pleasantly curved redhead in a tight black dress and fishnets, sat up a bit straighter and asked me what parts I’d written. I settled as usual for explaining that I wrote significant pieces of the code Android uses to throw image bits on its display. The hottie did a silent “Oooh!” and gave me dilated pupils and a flash of rather nice cleavage.

So yes, geeky guys, Android development can pull hot chicks. Well, it was either that or my rugged masculine charm; you get to choose your theory.

I had to run off to lunch, but I did learn one other interesting thing during this interlude. When I said that I was pleased that Android is attracting such loyalty from people who aren’t techies, they assured me that all their friends either have Androids or are planning to get them.

This being WBC, my sample was probably a bit above average in IQ and likely to lean towards early adoption. Still, it makes me suspect the iPhone is losing its grip on one of its core markets.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

all of that definitely happened yup

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
based on the obvious intelligence of boardgame aficionados, i have deduced the following facts about the smartphone market

to wit: horny babes seem to like android phones but if any of them want to have a conversation with you i recommend you shout stranger danger as loud as you can and then run away

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

jony ive aces posted:

The hottie did a silent “Oooh!” and gave me dilated pupils and a flash of rather nice cleavage.

goddamn this is pretty fukken hot

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

slender but pleasantly curved redhead in a tight black dress and fishnets

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/sextips/

knock yourself out, i'm not going to even load it. now please excuse me while i scrub my browser history.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

homercles posted:

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/sextips/

knock yourself out, i'm not going to even load it. now please excuse me while i scrub my browser history.

But it isn't that important to a woman's receptors exactly what the status hierarchy is. It could be anything from the neighborhood bowling league up to the government of a world superpower. Or it could be the developer community of a well-known program. What she smells is success, not the specific kind of success.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i wish someonewould sperm jack me. please. christ. just another person to even touch me. ill give you alminony for the rest of my live just for a brush of your hand against my supple lonely flesh. please. please. i have the money. i have. the money

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

you got the naxus 6p smythe?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Triglav posted:

you got the naxus 6p smythe?

5x

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

actually linux people are eating this poo poo up

kinda curious if foss is gonna turn into a new gamergate :smith:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

esr is the personification of stdh.txt

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Condiv posted:

ok now I'm depressed

gently caress esr

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

sexually frustrated people easily swayed by mra logic? oh my

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tuKQQTQ-5g

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
hey remember that one article where esr was arguing that Turing didn't kill himself and the whole homosexuality deal is overblown PC propaganda?

yeah let's all forget that, esr is a respectable source for hearsay about dangerous feminazis lurking and waiting to strike innocents

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if there was anyone respectable in the open source community they would be standing up right now and publicly calling Raymond a piece of poo poo

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Management posted:

if there was anyone respectable in the open source community they would be standing up right now and publicly calling Raymond a piece of poo poo

so is it a "we need all the allies we can get and he made a good contribution once so rispek" or "we don't see a problem here"

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

The Management posted:

someone call shadowhawk plz

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Condiv posted:

open sores is the original gamergate

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

aww man i didn't know there was a better thread for this

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Condiv posted:

its because they might have the chance to be alone with a woman, no matter the results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Condiv posted:

:allears:

• Locked thread