Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

adult bullying is super common everywhere

I think there are some smaller / mid-size companies where the culture isn't dysfunctional and people behave like adults. but yeah if you work somewhere like that you're fortunate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah, so far its been about half the places ive been that were dysfunctional as heck

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

homercles posted:

his dotcom millions

lol the guy's beggin on patreon now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

homercles posted:

With his dotcom millions ESR should hire someone to filter all the dumb poo poo he says and blogs. "that's dumb, that's racist, that's homophobic, that's truther, truther again, that's dumb, that's 10000 words of fanfic threesomes involving yourself, wayne lapierre, charlton heston and a double gauge shotgun with a larp dragon dildo attachment, that's an american history x reenactment" etc etc. It's clear this guy doesn't know the damage he does to himself by being so open.

objection your honour, assumes insight not supported by evidence

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

Broken Machine posted:

at a reputable company you would be spoken to about the importance of being civil and maintaining a professional, courteous workplace

those kinds of places suck though. i really like being able to be a grouchy rear end in a top hat and have it reinforce everyone's perception of me as a hacker genius for some reason

really the only problem is TBI emulates that behavior but i just yell at him when i catch him being an rear end in a top hat so problem solved

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tbh thats worse than your password policy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sometimes someone in my company will do something dumb and I write an email telling them what a stupid loving moron they are and get a boner that I'm the alpha nerd and then I delete that email and write that they should consider this issue and a better approach would be this and that and they agree or argue or whatever but we get along and the code gets better and not worse.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Tiny Bug Child posted:

those kinds of places suck though. i really like being able to be a grouchy rear end in a top hat and have it reinforce everyone's perception of me as a hacker genius for some reason

really the only problem is TBI emulates that behavior but i just yell at him when i catch him being an rear end in a top hat so problem solved

it's okay to be an rear end in a top hat only if it is necessary.

don't be a needless rear end in a top hat.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

also, 'not being a needless rear end in a top hat' doesn't mean 'always be nice to everybody' so let's nip that right there

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

being polite escapes a lot of people, it's such a basic thing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Share Bear posted:

it makes sense even for the sociopathic in that it lubricates social interaction so as to more easily obtain one's objective

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

As a Millennial I posted:

https://www.patreon.com/esr

:barf:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

he is being paid eleven hundred dollars a month for being an internet

i too would like to be an internet

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

duTrieux. posted:

it makes sense even for the sociopathic in that it lubricates social interaction so as to more easily obtain one's objective

but it's so empowering to nerds who were bullied all their life to bully others with their massive brain

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

homercles posted:

the alternative is fawning over some milquetoast twitter personality lecturing linus on how to tone down his language to the point where terrible commits are rewarded with an 'every participant gets an award' approach. instead of keeping people vigilant of code smells, you're instead wanting to make the linux community a safe space filled with puppies, play doh and poo poo code.

yes its definitely either sucking linus's dick or this. no one can be anywhere between those extremes

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

linus appears to occasionallly be an rear end in a top hat, though it is not known whether he is an unnecessary rear end in a top hat.

that is the current state of things so let's not be distracted from the true problem, the feminazilluminati plot to hook men in their siren's web of bear-traps.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

goddammit, kwinkles

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Share Bear posted:

it requires self-restraint and the ability to understand that what other people think of you actually matters

some people think you can just go off on a rage-fueled tirade and then people will applaud you for all those knowledge-bombs and sick burns you dropped? if you're autistic or self-absorbed enough, you can mistake their fear or hatred of you for respect for your manly alphaness or some poo poo like that

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The Management posted:

that's the whole problem here. when presented with a bigot misogynist rear end in a top hat like esr, they claim that what he says isn't important because he's a bad coder instead of saying that he's a piece of poo poo and that kind of speech is unacceptable in the community, no matter what his skills are.

no, they've very clearly stated that he's a lovely human being, the fact that he's a talentless self-aggrandizing hack is just icing on the cake

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

is esr about to be spermjacked? i see a lot of females surrounding him in that picture

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

two cans of whip cream in the same shot

i'm gonna take the high road and suggest they're going to be used for huffing, and not for esr to lick off of purple lingerie person's body

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
it's that mashed up armpit boob fat that gets me

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

it's a towers of hanoi puzzle, you have to get the boob to the other side

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

flakeloaf posted:

it's a towers of hanoi puzzle, you have to get the boob to the other side

:chanpop:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Tiny Bug Child posted:

don't objectify women.

Condiv posted:

is esr about to be spermjacked? i see a lot of females surrounding him in that picture

don't call women "females". see: http://jezebel.com/the-problem-with-calling-women-females-1683808274

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Ah. On the "Pour encourager les autres" principle? I hadn't thought of that. Still damned unfortunate, though.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

tbf, this was clearly ironic fakeposting and using "females" instead of "women" is consistent with giving any kind of credence to the idea of spermjacking

otoh, ironic fakeposting is a lovely gimmick

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
oh noes, my sperms has been stoled!!!1

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Tiny Bug Child posted:

yeah it "gets me" too iykwim :heysexy:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

As a Millennial I posted:

yeah, his dotcom millions evaporated with the dotcoms, he had to go back to being supported by his wife

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
A ha ha that loser, I sleep in a race car.

E: With my keyboard.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Unlike most artists, it wouldn't be difficult for me to get a well-paid job - but then I'd have to work on what an employer wants, rather than what the world actually needs.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Symbolic Butt posted:

Unlike most artists, it wouldn't be difficult for me to get a well-paid job - but then I'd have to work on what an employer wants, rather than what the world actually needs.

Laffo

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

lmbo whats up with that little hosed up mystery hand holding the soda out of esrs rear end

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

a bunch of fat people in a cheap hotel room

i bet that was some party

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i bet they are using the no2 in the whip cream cans to make themselves fatter instead of taking a "trip to the dentists office" by inhaling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i am a feminazi my plan is to get esr cornered alone in a room then cry rape hahahamuuauahhahuaha because reasons, like i uh, hate the jargon file?

• Locked thread