Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homercles
Feb 14, 2010

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/sextips/

knock yourself out, i'm not going to even load it. now please excuse me while i scrub my browser history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

With his dotcom millions ESR should hire someone to filter all the dumb poo poo he says and blogs. "that's dumb, that's racist, that's homophobic, that's truther, truther again, that's dumb, that's 10000 words of fanfic threesomes involving yourself, wayne lapierre, charlton heston and a double gauge shotgun with a larp dragon dildo attachment, that's an american history x reenactment" etc etc. It's clear this guy doesn't know the damage he does to himself by being so open.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

The Management posted:

actually they consider being an rear end in a top hat to be a positive and encourage it on mailing lists. see all the fawning over linus email where he's being a dick. they don't understand why it's a problem because they can't identify with others' feelings

the alternative is fawning over some milquetoast twitter personality lecturing linus on how to tone down his language to the point where terrible commits are rewarded with an 'every participant gets an award' approach. instead of keeping people vigilant of code smells, you're instead wanting to make the linux community a safe space filled with puppies, play doh and poo poo code.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

eschaton posted:

yeah, his dotcom millions evaporated with the dotcoms, he had to go back to being supported by his wife

Good programmers don't flush their cash :colbert:

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

is that a leatherman or a pager on his belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I thought this was related to esr's recent blogpost 4 days ago: Why Hackers Must Eject the SJWs

Didn't bother reading it or the broken trainwrecks that esr is writing about either.

• Locked thread