Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
It's offseason time and people are crying that there's no baseball, so why not read about baseball.

Last year we successfully read one book! together, because nobody really liked the second a lot so we all got lazy and dropped out. Also the first book was really long so I think folks burned out so let's not do that again. UNLESS we decide to read the Connie Mack biography series which is amazing and very very long.

I'm going to put together a survey monkey doodad again this year, so get your suggestions in by Saturday. Poll will go up Sunday and close Wednesday.

Here's the books left over from the list last year, list can grow bigger if people have new/more suggestions:

Wally Yonamine: The Man Who Changed Japanese Baseball
Jackie and Campy: The Untold Story of Their Rocky Relationship and the Breaking of Baseball's Color Line
Veeck as in Wreck
Up, Up and Away
Baseball in the Garden of Eden
You Gotta Have Wa
Dollar Sign On The Muscle
A Well Paid Slave
A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin

leokitty fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

We read Lords of the Realm which was really good. But it's not a good monthly book club deal because it's really long and not quick to read through.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I'm behind on this due to my being a jerk, I will get the poll up tonight.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Here's the link to vote: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RWPRSPR

Will close at the end of this work-week.

If You Gotta Have Wa is leading I kinda suggest we do the top two books, a ton of us have read it already and it's a really short read. But we'll see.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Veeck as in Wreck is our winner:

Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Veeck--As-Wreck-Autobiography-Bill-Veeck/dp/0226852180/

• Locked thread