Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Very soon governments are going to need to put serious restrictions on freedom of speech and start controlling people in a way that runs counter to the sense of morality that western democracy has instilled on us during the last century. If humans want to survive in a world where equatorial zones are to hot to live in and we all have to eat renutriated cubes of recycled poo we're going to have to start running earth like a strictly controlled prison.

An example: In britian during the 1700's due to a population boom that lead to huge amounts of unemployment and soaring crimerates laws ended up being passed that made ~220~ crimes punishable by execution partly as a way to control the prison population. Now imagine something like that but compounded and on a global scale.
It needs to happen one way or another so I guess i'd be happy if this is one of the places they started.

Like, capitalism is unsustainable and democracy a pipe dream that only works if things are generally good with resources and food being plentiful. When they start locking up/executing these types of people you should thank your luck that's its not you and savoir your daily soylent. (hopefully this won't start happening in a meaningful way until you and I are dead)

If we're going to survive long enough to spread across our solar system it's going to involve a whole lot of death and suffering and not society respecting the right of an individual to be super obese and wave confederate flags around.

TLDR: We need full orwellian style fascism now and if that involves these people being labeled enemies of the state then whatevs.
hosed up but true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

sorry for the words and not jokes but when you say something like "fascism is necessary and we need to do it" you have to qualify it

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

notZaar posted:

Thanks for sharing your personal doomsday fantasy, I'll just put that in the "crazy poo poo people think" box.

We will invent fusion reactors in the next decade and all our energy needs will be met forever and ever. Then climate change will not only stop but reverse itself completely and humans all simultaneously decide to stop reproducing after their first kid because of sense of responsibility we all develop overnight.

Also we're going to increase the worlds amount of arable farmland by 100% instead of losing a bunch of it and the oceans aren't going to rise and we'll all be working in fortune 500 companies making 6 figures a year.

The gently caress do you think is going on in the world that any of what i said comes off as "crazy poo poo"?

• Locked thread