Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next NFC Team of the Week
This poll is closed.
Bears 5 5.10%
Packers 6 6.12%
Vikings 13 13.27%
Giants 4 4.08%
Eagles 10 10.20%
Cowboys 7 7.14%
Redskins 6 6.12%
Saints 5 5.10%
Panthers 5 5.10%
Bucs 4 4.08%
Falcons 1 1.02%
Cardinals 3 3.06%
Seahawks 2 2.04%
49ers 18 18.37%
Rams 9 9.18%
Total: 98 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You all know that the Lions are going to beat the Packers at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

fsif posted:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Lions haven't drafted a Pro-Bowl player in the past 5 drafts. No player they drafted in 2010-2011 is on their roster today.

This team went 11–5 last year.

:staredog:

holy poo poo that is bad

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

You all know that the Lions are going to beat the Packers at least once.

heh. no.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

fsif posted:

Lions haven't drafted a Pro-Bowl player in the past 5 drafts. No player they drafted in 2010-2011 is on their roster today.

Past 4 drafts. They drafted Suh in 2010, who is a Pro Bowler.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

The last time the Patriots drafted a player that went to a Pro-Bowl was in 2010. So that's probably not the best measurement of success.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

NC-17 posted:

The last time the Patriots drafted a player that went to a Pro-Bowl was in 2010. So that's probably not the best measurement of success.

I mean, true, but the Patriots are also drafting much later in the draft than the Lions, on average.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

I mean, true, but the Patriots are also drafting much later in the draft than the Lions, on average.

That's not really much of a different except the Lions also manage to miss on an upper first round pick.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Here's a chart, you ignorant buffoons. :mad: Pro Bowl players that have entered the league since 2011.

Anyway, Larry Warford and Ziggy Ansah played at Pro Bowl levels in 2013 and 2014, respectively. A better criticism would be that only one player from the 2012 draft is left, the first-rounder.

EDIT: I counted Cody Parkey as a Colt, but they traded him to the Eagles. So subtract one from Indy and give it to Philly. About half of these players are kickers.

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 12, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Here's a chart, you ignorant buffoons. :mad: Pro Bowl players that have entered the league since 2011.

Anyway, Larry Warford and Ziggy Ansah played at Pro Bowl levels in 2013 and 2014, respectively. A better criticism would be that only one player from the 2012 draft is left, the first-rounder.

From the last 2 drafts, the Raiders "should" (I think they deserve it) have 3 pro-bowlers this year, maybe 4 if enough AFC QB's turn down a free trip to Hawaii.

Wait, they don't even play it in Hawaii anymore do they?

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Probably what I'm leaving out in that comparison is that New England has three players from those years that are on the cusp of being Pro-Bowl caliber and may make that jump this year: Collins, Jones and Hightower.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

From the last 2 drafts, the Raiders "should" (I think they deserve it) have 3 pro-bowlers this year, maybe 4 if enough AFC QB's turn down a free trip to Hawaii.

Wait, they don't even play it in Hawaii anymore do they?

Carr, Mack and Cooper at the very least should get to go.

And gently caress it, let Old Man Woodson retire to Hawaii too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Carr, Mack and Cooper at the very least should get to go.

And gently caress it, let Old Man Woodson retire to Hawaii too.

I was thinking Jackson, Mack, and Cooper, and I still think there are better AFC QB's than Carr, so he might be an alternate if enough turn it down. The Matt Ryan experience.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

I was thinking Jackson, Mack, and Cooper, and I still think there are better AFC QB's than Carr, so he might be an alternate if enough turn it down. The Matt Ryan experience.

poo poo, I totally forgot about Jackson. He can go too.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

ZenVulgarity posted:

:staredog:

holy poo poo that is bad

It's a lot of fun pulling out the Lions Greatest Hits of Awfulness.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

He's a baaad man.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bob Morales posted:

He's a baaad man.

Should cut off them sleeves and pull the hood up, imo.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Week's over fellas. 49ers won for the next NFC Team of the weak (huhuh) but I'm going to veto that because I feel like we've talked about them quite a bit this season whereas the Vikings are more of a dark horse. Congratulations 49er fans, your team found a way to lose again.

• Locked thread