Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Shawn Cotureier posted:

How will this effect the Up Up Down Down Madden tournament? :(

Oh no I just realized, this kills our hopes for a Champ/M-Maker finals. :(

:rip: Trash Talking Nirvana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Benne posted:

Peterson had a clean ACL tear, with no other ligament damage. His recovery was relatively straightforward.

Rollins' injury is ... a bit more complicated.

:nms: :nms:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

Peterson had a clean ACL tear, with no other ligament damage. His recovery was relatively straightforward.

Rollins' injury is ... a bit more complicated.

At worst it's a year. I know from basketball.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

At worst it's a year. I know from basketball.

lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I should say from following basketball. :)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Will the WWE now release a 2 minute long supercut of slow motion zoom ins on Seths knee?

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

HulkaMatt posted:

See I think this sucks really bad but it's the opposite with me. Now I'm extremely interested to see how they handle this one.

Find someone else to hold the title until mania when reigns wins it at the biggest stage of them all and austin holds up his hand to raucous boos. in texas.

shamo seems like a good fit I guess. A really dull one but have him screw over Dean in the finals and he'll get whatever heat back he lost doing whatever the hell he's been doing since mitb.

Have sheamus run through the tournament stomping smark favorites like Cesaro and Neville. Then in the finals its him and Dean and Dean beats him clean as a sheet to win his first title, big pop from the crowd. Sheamus then gets an assist from HHH or whoever and immediately cashes in on an unconscious Dean. Sets up Dean feuding with Authority at mania and Reigns chasing the belt after he wins at Royal Rumble again because who fuckin cares.

Authorman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 6, 2015

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

See I think this sucks really bad but it's the opposite with me. Now I'm extremely interested to see how they handle this one.

romaine wins, sheamus cash in, roman chase til rumble, roman defends vs lesnar at mania

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

WWE's streak of lovely first-time world title reigns is intact

Panic booking is always fun, imo

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Sheamus reaches the final. Beats the holy piss out of someone with his briefcase to get DQed and lose. Cashes in and wins.

I would enjoy watching this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Muddy Burphy posted:

6-9 months seems like it's pushing it if his ACL, MCL, and meniscus are all torn. Isn't the usual timeline closer to a year?

This is WWE we're talking about, no doubt he's being put on a fast track of sorts because like 95% of the roster works injured (usually because the fast track recovery bullshit ends up keeping guys from recovering properly). Who knows, maybe he'll dip into Cena's "super stash" and end up coming back as a surprise Rumble entry.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Go to Japan and steal Nakamura.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Go to Japan and steal Nakamura.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

meanwhile, back in the cenation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUNNjl2GndE

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Really, if they bury him in storyline on Raw, that means him coming back face for a surprise return, either on his own in a rumble like scenario, or a for real Shield reunion out of nowhere. Oh, and do you think they want the title on Roman if him winning it isn't him culminating his revenge for the Shield break-up/Mania cash-in? Feels weird to not have that hook to his win, but it feels even weirder not to put the belt on him now.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Ozz81 posted:

This is WWE we're talking about, no doubt he's being put on a fast track of sorts because like 95% of the roster works injured (usually because the fast track recovery bullshit ends up keeping guys from recovering properly). Who knows, maybe he'll dip into Cena's "super stash" and end up coming back as a surprise Rumble entry.

knees do not work this way

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/taking-look-at-acl-injuries-and-why.html is a good look at timetables, if nothing else.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I legitimately think turning Roman would now be a mistake. They waited a few months too long, and it'd kill the heat he's gotten over the past few weeks.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Hahaha there is literally no way they are turning Roman. They want him to be the next Cena. A Dean turn has been hinted at a bit and wouldn't surprise me. Hinted despite him outselling BIG FAT loving SAME lovely MATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN JOHN a time or three.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

actually it's Big Match John :)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
John Cena is good at wrestling, actually.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Alain Post posted:

John Cena is good at wrestling, actually.

As a bud of mine put it 'the man got a good match out of the Great Khali, you know it wasn't K doing the work in that match'. He's just been force fed on us all for so long that it's difficult to not join in the Cena Sucks chants. at this point.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I chant for both sides

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

The Singing Chav posted:

Hahaha there is literally no way they are turning Roman. They want him to be the next Cena. A Dean turn has been hinted at a bit and wouldn't surprise me. Hinted despite him outselling BIG FAT loving SAME lovely MATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN JOHN a time or three.

You're extremely mad about Very Good Wrestler John Cena

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

did you guys see john cena squat 611 pounds? Dang.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That was badass

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he went to a taylor swift concert a few days ago

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

zakharov posted:

You're extremely mad about Very Good Wrestler John Cena

It's hard not to call him a bad wrestler when you don't like his character or booking even though neither of those things have any bearing on his in-ring work, which this year has been really really great and better than ever

He explained this to you, I mean how hard is this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
John "pushed down our throats" Cena has not been in a PPV main event since uh, NOC 2014?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
He leg look like an accordian

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oatgan posted:

did you guys see john cena squat 611 pounds? Dang.

big butt john

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

John "pushed down our throats" Cena has not been in a PPV main event since uh, NOC 2014?

That's an extremely disingenuous indicator of anything and you know it. I mean yes it's been better but still.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Alain Post posted:

Which precisely explains why he is being pushed down our throats. Even when he isn't in the main event, even when he is having good competitive matches, it still "feels" like he is always there, always winning, and always rapadoo-fruity pebbles-poopy-ing.

And the fact that it feels that way despite the good matches, and the position lower on the card is why I choose to boo the ever living gently caress out of Jhon Cena the character.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

He leg look like an accordian

*plays john cena's theme on accordion*

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WQju75wbZw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Authorman posted:

Find someone else to hold the title until mania when reigns wins it at the biggest stage of them all and austin holds up his hand to raucous boos. in texas.

I just remembered the "the gently caress is this?" look on The Rock's face when he held up Roman's hand at the Royal Rumble and he got booed :xd:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John "Always on TV" Cena: 0 20-minute opening promos this year

Seth and HHH: All of them

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I just remembered the "the gently caress is this?" look on The Rock's face when he held up Roman's hand at the Royal Rumble and he got booed :xd:

remember this really uncomfortable promo afterwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlS15DmJEM

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ya I was going to say, Seth is, by far, the more annoying "pushed down your throat" guy this year

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

BrigadierSensible posted:

Which precisely explains why he is being pushed down our throats. Even when he isn't in the main event, even when he is having good competitive matches, it still "feels" like he is always there, always winning, and always rapadoo-fruity pebbles-poopy-ing.

And the fact that it feels that way despite the good matches, and the position lower on the card is why I choose to boo the ever living gently caress out of Jhon Cena the character.

good job being mad at the guy who is consistently part of a good segment of RAW every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

knees do not work this way

http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/taking-look-at-acl-injuries-and-why.html is a good look at timetables, if nothing else.

A good comparison for Seth Rollins knee injury is Derrick Rose.

Fantastic

• Locked thread