Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Peanut President posted:

It's seen as being the worst ever by THE HUTT because most people itt were in diapers when Rey had literally the worst title run ever.

Yeah honestly things where looking okay for Rollins during the early part of his run, few fun matches against Orton and Ambrose both of which had I thought neat stories behind them (Orton being the former authority boy and Ambrose wanting to get at Rollins for the betrayal).

He started his steady downhill around Lesnar into Cena into Sting into oh god Kane.

Rey Rey just got beat up by JBL and goons then King Booker and goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

HerraS posted:

Just have the Wyatts beat the gently caress out of everyone in the tournament and plunge the WWE into a reign of darkness where every show opens with Bray doing a spooky promo for thirty minutes

Yes, please. It fits their gimmick. Bray just blasts anybody who questions him with lightning or fire or has the druids murder them. Make him full loving Sithlord with a belt around his waist and watch me spin around marking out like a top on a floor.

With regards to Seth though, I hope someone will kindly donate to him an entire new leg. I tore my meniscus only a couple millimeters prior to going on a trip in May (which, of course, had lots and lots of stairs involved) and whenever I tweaked it, it was like someone pouring lava into your leg while trying to tear it off. Even on shitloads of pain meds, if I did what Rollins did to his knee, I'd be curled up in bed sobbing like a baby. 6-9 months sounds conservative as gently caress and it'll all depend on how therapy goes. Knees are hard to get right, even with fantastic doctors.

E: And why the hell would HHH have done anything in the title scene in 2016? Is Cena intending to take off WM season or something?

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
I say go all out on the idea:

Bray w/ Taker powers - WWE Champ
Erick Rowan/Harper - Tag Team Champs
Bruan either US/IC champ

Maybe it will make people forget Cena took on the Wyatts and made Bray cry... Maybe..

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
Cena can have as many good matches as he wants I'll still be sick of seeing that fucker.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yes, please. It fits their gimmick. Bray just blasts anybody who questions him with lightning or fire or has the druids murder them. Make him full loving Sithlord with a belt around his waist and watch me spin around marking out like a top on a floor.

With regards to Seth though, I hope someone will kindly donate to him an entire new leg. I tore my meniscus only a couple millimeters prior to going on a trip in May (which, of course, had lots and lots of stairs involved) and whenever I tweaked it, it was like someone pouring lava into your leg while trying to tear it off. Even on shitloads of pain meds, if I did what Rollins did to his knee, I'd be curled up in bed sobbing like a baby. 6-9 months sounds conservative as gently caress and it'll all depend on how therapy goes. Knees are hard to get right, even with fantastic doctors.

E: And why the hell would HHH have done anything in the title scene in 2016? Is Cena intending to take off WM season or something?

Considering he wasn't planned for either of the big 3 main events, the only thing I can assume is he'd either still be in the US title scene (RIP Del Rio) or they'd finally pull the trigger on Cena/Taker

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thinking it over, has anyone other than Edge that time he replaced Jeff in that title match returned from a serious injury as a heel? In 2002 HHH was the biggest piece of poo poo imaginable, but when he came back they didn't even try to make him anything other than a triumphant face. Same with that Angle injury with the Clocks video package. I THINK Kane was a heel-turned-face when he returned with Paul Bearer in that iconic moment people always talk about. Cena in 2008 was a face when he got injured, but even smarks lost their poo poo for him in MSG so I count it as the same sort of thing.

Sheamus literally this year.

Does Jericho count? He returned a few years ago and kept manipulating the crowd and even though he was (intentionally) getting face reactions he was technically a heel the whole time.

e: I guess I lost sight of your original criteria of returning from a serious injury on the Jericho front.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Does Jericho count? He returned a few years ago and kept manipulating the crowd and even though he was (intentionally) getting face reactions he was technically a heel the whole time.

e: I guess I lost sight of your original criteria of returning from a serious injury on the Jericho front.

Yeah I blanked on Sheamus. He was never that over, though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What amark

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

I too would like to know this because I want to use it as an example every time somebody says the company is going to be better under HHH.

Please tell me it's not just that Vince Russo vid.

Edit: Holy poo poo it's Dave Meltzer. Holy poo poo. These people. These loving people.
Eh HHH doing that poo poo would still be better than what Vince/Dunn do week after week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I too would like to know this because I want to use it as an example every time somebody says the company is going to be better under HHH.

Edit: Holy poo poo it's Dave Meltzer. Holy poo poo. These people. These loving people.

Always more always worse

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hahahaha, amazing. Was this on a podcast or did he write it somewhere?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

6-9 more like 69. Nice.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Hahahaha, amazing. Was this on a podcast or did he write it somewhere?

Apparently it's on a WOL but the one I listened to didn't have him saying that and the only source I can find is wrestlezone saying Dave Meltzer said it on WOL.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a subscriber thing, forget if it's audio or text

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you really want bray wyatt as this scary fucker even after he's failed to accomplish literally anything, then yeah have him and his clan of creeps kill everyone and basically gently caress with Authority and face dudes alike. You can start giving them some actual credibility by having the lights go off after Lesnar comes back and then he gets annihilated by four swampdudes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

if you really want bray wyatt as this scary fucker even after he's failed to accomplish literally anything, then yeah have him and his clan of creeps kill everyone and basically gently caress with Authority and face dudes alike. You can start giving them some actual credibility by having the lights go off after Lesnar comes back and then he gets annihilated by four swampdudes.

you say this as if this would mean anything but smarks crying about them "burying" Lesnar

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the reason people assume things'll be better when HHH takes full charge is, he's a guy who clearly is not ashamed of liking and being involved in pro wrestling. Vince is. And so, wrestling fans, even fairly connected and bright ones like Meltz, hold out hope that we'll stop seeing poo poo like divas who can't run ropes being hired and given TV time, we'll stop seeing people like the Miz get pushed despite not being able to hack it in the ring (to whomever I defended his ring skills to around the time he won the world title, I apologize, you were right, I was wrong), and we'll stop seeing RAW being turned into a bad variety show.

I assume that's where it comes from, anyways.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

we'll stop seeing people like the Miz get pushed despite not being able to hack it in the ring

Miz is cool and handsome and smart.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Miz is cool and handsome and smart.

:yeah:

He's just a guy living his dream!

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Gonzo McFee posted:

I listened to WOL, and I don't recall Dave saying anything beyond the fact that Rollins would stay in the title picture, regardless if Reigns won or lost at SS.

Banjo
Jun 7, 2006

There's only one man who should be WWE World Heavyweight Champion

... and his name is JOHN CENA!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Banjo posted:

RAPADOOOOOOOOOOO

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Rey Rey just got beat up by JBL and goons then King Booker and goons.

Didn't Rey also get destroyed by Great Khali?

Edit: Wait I think he might have counted as one of JBL's goons

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think the reason people assume things'll be better when HHH takes full charge is, he's a guy who clearly is not ashamed of liking and being involved in pro wrestling. Vince is. And so, wrestling fans, even fairly connected and bright ones like Meltz, hold out hope that we'll stop seeing poo poo like divas who can't run ropes being hired and given TV time, we'll stop seeing people like the Miz get pushed despite not being able to hack it in the ring (to whomever I defended his ring skills to around the time he won the world title, I apologize, you were right, I was wrong), and we'll stop seeing RAW being turned into a bad variety show.

I assume that's where it comes from, anyways.

The thing about Vince is that he knew when writing himself into the show that the money was seeing him get his comeuppance. It's the reason he's never won a match at Wrestlemania, peed himself on TV, gave a rimjob to Big Show and I just don't see HHH going to those lengths in a million years. The Authority never got anything resembling comeuppance (Survivor Series I guess, jesus I feel like meltzer when he's trying to make a point) and now (if this was to play out) they turn and potentially have face HHH as champion? gently caress that poo poo.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I'm going to miss SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins SETH ROLLINS seth rollins

It could be worse though

One of the New Day could've been injured

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The thing about Vince is that he knew when writing himself into the show that the money was seeing him get his comeuppance. It's the reason he's never won a match at Wrestlemania, peed himself on TV, gave a rimjob to Big Show and I just don't see HHH going to those lengths in a million years. The Authority never got anything resembling comeuppance (Survivor Series I guess, jesus I feel like meltzer when he's trying to make a point) and now (if this was to play out) they turn and potentially have face HHH as champion? gently caress that poo poo.

Maybe he would have lost

And then Punk's record is broken, so he still technically wins lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Banjo posted:

Weren't you a Del Rio mark at the last PPV?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Weren't you a Del Rio mark at the last PPV?

That's why he wanted it. At this point it's expected if Cena's not in the US title hunt, he's in the world title hunt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Alaois posted:

you say this as if this would mean anything but smarks crying about them "burying" Lesnar

IMO he was already buried by letting Undertaker get his win back

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Banjo posted:

Yep.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
At least Big Match John would protect the title and give it the respect it deserves

Cena for champ

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Well they ain't doing anything with Cesaro or Ambrose.

Give one of them a title run

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

VoLaTiLe posted:

Well they ain't doing anything with Cesaro or Ambrose.

Give one of them a title run

Dolph Ziggler is pretty hot right now

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

As long as Mysterio exists, Seth ain't the worst champion.

gently caress that reign was so horrible it's worth bringing up twice.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

AfroLine posted:

Dolph Ziggler is pretty hot right now

I imagine his name was thrown out there by a young writer followed by a full minute of cackling by Triple H, Vince and Dunn.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

21 Hoot Salute posted:

One of the New Day could've been injured

This is why New Day has a spare wrestler in their tag team.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Big E as WWE champion, Kofi and Xavier as tag champs, Sasha as Divas champion when she ditches team BAD. Make fun happen WWE.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Benoit returned as a heel in 02/03. Straight back into old habits, hanging out with Eddie.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

I agree. Something to keep in mind is I'm not so optimistic about HHH, just giving the perspective that I suspect some of these folks have, along with addressing perceived issues that HHH will supposedly correct because he's one of the boys.

I actually don't hate Miz fwiw, but I do think he stinks in the ring. That's not exactly a hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Nov 6, 2015

• Locked thread