Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I would kill for a complete set of the FW books but I also definitely don't need to spend that money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

There is one:

I've been trying to remember what the WHC articles remind me of and it's 100% of White Dwarf when I was growing up - slightly tongue-in-cheek.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

How compatible are the new beakies with, say, the current chaos space marine kit?

I'm not really interested in Heresy, but I've wanted to do a 40k Iron Warriors army for a while and mixing the heresy kits with CSM kits sounds rad.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Geisladisk posted:

How compatible are the new beakies with, say, the current chaos space marine kit?

I'm not really interested in Heresy, but I've wanted to do a 40k Iron Warriors army for a while and mixing the heresy kits with CSM kits sounds rad.

dunno if anyone's got their callipers out to check, but at worst I'd guess some of the CSM arms would need mild conversion to fit right since they've got different proportions. heads, shoulder pads and so on would be trivial to mix in as desired

actually, I lie, at worst it would be encountering a certain kind of dork complaining on seeing iron warriors beakies for dull ~lore~ reasons

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

:actually:
Iron Warriors were one of the first legions to evaluate Mk VI.

(They hated it)

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Geisladisk posted:

Leakycheese did a dedicated scale Twitter thread with two of the new beakies and a variety of other heresy models; here's the first tweet:

http://twitter.com/Leaky_cheese/status/1523056548817252352

(Click through for thread.)

Unfortunately he doesn't have any modern chaos guys so they don't get comparisons.

However, if you triangulate those comparisons with my old imgur comparison album, it looks like the beakies are in-scale with modern chaos marines, deathwatch, and rubrics, which are all in-scale with each other.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For previous Horus heresy players is there a reason the rule books look so huge? Is it basically because it’s a rule book, but with things that would otherwise be separate codex’s for the main 40K line?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Peak Performance.

Buglord

Marshal Prolapse posted:

For previous Horus heresy players is there a reason the rule books look so huge? Is it basically because it’s a rule book, but with things that would otherwise be separate codex’s for the main 40K line?

There's a rulebook, and then there's a book for Loyalist and Heretic Astartes. So, think of each of those as the base Space Marine codex + additional lore and rules for each of the 9 legions in each one.

...granted, even so, they look huge.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably a healthy dose of lore. Heresy is a lore bomb of a game.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Wont the core rulebook have to include the Legiones Astartes army list since its shared by both traitors and loyalists?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

AnEdgelord posted:

Wont the core rulebook have to include the Legiones Astartes army list since its shared by both traitors and loyalists?

No, they've said the datasheets sections for the Liber Astartes and Liber Hereticus will each start with the full shared unit list, and then each book will cover the datasheets for its legions' specific units. Doesn't sound like the corebook will have any datasheets.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Remember, the game also features forces other than Marines, so putting just Marine poo poo in the RB would be convenient for us, but not make much sense.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I wonder if having an actual mainline GW release is going to make this game pick up steam - I've always wanted to put together a 30k force since the models are so cool, but literally nobody within like a 100-mile radius of me plays it from what I can tell. Obviously it's not going to be as popular as 40k (or probably even AoS) but I do hope it generates enough interest to justify picking up that starter set eventually.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anecdotal, based on trailer views and sentiment online, buts its going to pull in a lot of new people. Hopefully most of them stick around.

There's also the usual mid-edition 40k burnout happening and 30k offers a tighter more chill ruleset.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Already slapped one guy who asked if heresy was simpler than 40k. Doing my best to hold the gates.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

30k will be simpler at launch.

You'll only need two books instead of a rulebook, army codex, FW codex, campaign expansion, FAQ, and the current balance slate. And battlescribe list and Wahapedia printouts, but those are "optional"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im gonna make my 30k army entirely beakies just to make all the grogs mad

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Im gonna make my 30k army entirely beakies just to make all the grogs mad

Paint in a scheme that shouldn't exist like the twat who was like I'm gonna do the Flesh Tearers in 30k

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Silver Skulls, Flesh Tearers, Rainbow Warriors, etc. in 30k would rule with beaky dudes done up like in Rogue Trader.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

lovestick posted:

Silver Skulls, Flesh Tearers, Rainbow Warriors, etc. in 30k would rule with beaky dudes done up like in Rogue Trader.

I just want to see Ultra Marines with "Kill" and "hate" graffiti

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Paint in a scheme that shouldn't exist like the twat who was like I'm gonna do the Flesh Tearers in 30k

Bonus idea for maximum grog angering; use the colors of the LGBT flag.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

lovestick posted:

SPAAAAAAAACE SHARKS! Slam Sector, baby!

(gently caress, now I kinda wanna do that)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

BULBASAUR posted:

Anecdotal, based on trailer views and sentiment online, buts its going to pull in a lot of new people. Hopefully most of them stick around.

There's also the usual mid-edition 40k burnout happening and 30k offers a tighter more chill ruleset.

Its enough to finally pull me into the actual tabletop after like 15 years of liking the property from afar via videogames and HH novels. I was saying in the 40k thread (because I didn't know this thread existed) I'm looking forward to getting the box and getting an army started and using them primarily for 30k but having the added benefit of being able to use them as firstborns for 40k. I know a few of my friends who also have always been a step away from getting into the game are eyeing this box closely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

So I haven’t played since like rogue trader/first edition but I found the full company of marines I’d assembled back in the 90s. It looks like 40k has mainly moved on from my old stuff, would 30k be a good place to use all those old models (including like 4 units of og rogue trader era marines?