Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'm so happy they went with the shoulder-mounted rockets, plasma cannons, and lascannons, even though they require different arms, instead of going with the underslung ones that fit the universal arms like on the current resin kits. Always did prefer the look of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I was at the open day and it was fun.

Came home with most of a squad of mk6 freebies. The Spartan and contemptor are cool as hell.

heresy lives.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Also heavily implied by someone that mk2 and mk5 are incoming.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

TTerrible posted:

Also heavily implied by someone that mk2 and mk5 are incoming.

hope is the first step etc. etc., but :stwoon: if true

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Did you catch any SKUs??? IS CODE 30 REAL

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JcDent posted:

hope is the first step etc. etc., but :stwoon: if true

For sure, the hint drops were heavy.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Any word on that plastic recon armor someone vaguely hinted about years ago?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Stephenls posted:

Any word on that plastic recon armor someone vaguely hinted about years ago?

The rumor is that everything generic is moving to plastic, so I have to imagine that we'll be seeing plastic Marines in Recon Armor sometime in the near-ish future.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I don't know what you guys are talking about, we've had plastic recon armour for years

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:shepface: nvgs

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want a Thunder Warrior legion now, could a battle against the Custodes. lol

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Another new release already :popeye:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
They declared a full-on code30 code red.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/UpIfiqsSA8M

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just to nip it on the bud before it hits on here- there are some pictures and notes from the box set rules going around. It is tough to decipher what might be an actual change in the rules vs completely ignoreable box set rules. Most likely the latter so don't put much into them.

Is this a video of a guy reading a warhammer community article?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

completely ignoreable box set rules.

You mean Plasma rending vs Breaching?

I thought the box set is coming out with the whole rulebook, which will be later available separately.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
I can't speak for Bulbasaur, but I believe[/1] he means demo rules from the past weekend, which did not include things like Breaching, v. the actual rules in the rulebook, which [i]might contain rumored rules Breaching. Of course, all of these rumored rules could also have been cut, or be total bullshit in the first place, so we really won't know until we get an actual verified leaked rulebook.

God, I cannot wait.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those rulebooks look so nice and thicc. Next month? Plus heresy content every day? Super hard for heresy

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
There was also pictures floating around of space marine squads only being able to be 10 man squads but that does appear to be a starter thing, not am actual new rule

Edit: Also mediocre hobbies put out probably the best Sons of Horus video I've seen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaf6uLkDY
Quick, looks good and doesn't need 100 different colours

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Just to nip it on the bud before it hits on here- there are some pictures and notes from the box set rules going around. It is tough to decipher what might be an actual change in the rules vs completely ignoreable box set rules. Most likely the latter so don't put much into them.

Is this a video of a guy reading a warhammer community article?

Lee's stuff is actually pretty good and most of it is not death by power point. I just figured a summation might be useful.

He also does a lot of really good build projects and tutorial videos.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 10, 2022

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There was also pictures floating around of space marine squads only being able to be 10 man squads but that does appear to be a starter thing, not am actual new rule

Edit: Also mediocre hobbies put out probably the best Sons of Horus video I've seen here

This is the first video that actually makes me want to try Contrast paints - I'm surprised they didn't use them for the Open Day demo armies.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Contrast paints can look really good if you don't use them like a complete idiot

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Endman posted:

Contrast paints can look really good if you don't use them like a complete idiot

That alpha legion looks super good for how simple it is

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Endman posted:

The Alpha Legion and Word Bearers methods are real standouts here

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Death Guard guy looks like he puked in his helmet.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Actually looks surprisingly well! Hope he does DG soon, non-white parts could still use steamlining/improvement.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

AnEdgelord posted:

The Alpha Legion and Word Bearers methods are real standouts here

I think the Alpha Legion would look even better if the shading tending towards purple, I wonder what results you'd get with Leadbelcher -> Druchii Violent -> Zenithal Leadbelcher -> Akhelian Green

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Combining the use of green and blue transparent paints has been the typical HH Alpha Legion paint scheme since forever. Using purple would be just fine.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mango Polo posted:

Combining the use of green and blue transparent paints has been the typical HH Alpha Legion paint scheme since forever. Using purple would be just fine.

I know, I've done it before, just with washes rather than Contrast. I'm just wondering if the thicker contrast would overwhelm the base, whether it might be best to do it the other way and go green contrast, then a light purple wash in the recesses.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
ITS BEAK TIME

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
BEAKS BEAKS BEAKS

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Going hard on Mars pattern vehicles for the DG.

Also, if I'm doing mid-late heresy, how much mutation should I include?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

GreenMarine posted:

Death Guard guy looks like he puked in his helmet.

So, you're saying they nailed it?

Beerdeer posted:

By Terra, they are full-on fart huffing, vomit snorting, tentacle boiz. If you get the time, check out the Buried Dagger and Warhawk novels for more deets.

Up until then, I believe they were relatively mutation free, since Mortarion had his whole "gently caress psychers, gently caress the warp, and gently caress you too, DAD!" mentality.

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 12, 2022

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Endman posted:

The Sons of Horus one is so bad.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

panascope posted:

The Sons of Horus one is so bad.

Yeah, the video posted in here looks much better and it's not exactly a ton more work, just like a single highlight layer.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Thread I have a spare Marduk Sedras if anyone in the UK wants it

EDIT: Gone

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 11, 2022

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Beerdeer posted:

Have a look at the death guard casualty on jaghati khans scenic base, it’s not obviously mutated but it does have a subtle nurgle pox mark.

Mr Teatime fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 11, 2022

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Anyone else find the tone of the Horus Heresy articles being put out about each Legion....kinda off putting?
I get that "it's just fluff" but they seem to have almost a sing song whimsical note to them that kind of undercuts the setting of the Horus Heresy.

Maybe this is my first old man moment here but like. I don't know. Something I always loved about 30k was the more serious nature of campaigns or battles. Brother on brother apocalypse level stuff

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Anyone else find the tone of the Horus Heresy articles being put out about each Legion....kinda off putting?
I get that "it's just fluff" but they seem to have almost a sing song whimsical note to them that kind of undercuts the setting of the Horus Heresy.

Maybe this is my first old man moment here but like. I don't know. Something I always loved about 30k was the more serious nature of campaigns or battles. Brother on brother apocalypse level stuff

There is one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah it's just the tone of the community site.