Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Sadly, the rumour mill seems to be agreeing that the Betrayal at Calth set will be limited edition, but that the models contained in it will return as a 30K range to be sold in stores. my flgs will get 3 boxes, i'll probably reserve one of them, unless i can get a better deal somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
The flgs had the box out for display, so I gave it a quick fondle

The rules are in German so I didn't take that many pics, I'll wait for the English set. The models are gorgeous though.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Figured this would be of interest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMJ4QVvKaAM

Playthrough of the game they included with all the new cool plastics

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Picked up a betrayal at calth box today. the contemptor is so easy to assemble, i didn't even bother to find the instructions for it. the remainder of the models in the kit are very nice, Though i don't look forward to painting 30 goddamn spacemans identically.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
figured these http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/252234244675?ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3ALCA%3AUS%3A1123 might be relevant to someone

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I've started cracking into my Calth box, which i'll be doing as Ultramarines.

DJDizzy keeps telling me ultramarines are great at multiple small units, but what does this mean on the field? what's an army list that at most requires a second calth box and maybe a vehicle or two going to look like?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

richyp posted:

Download gimp, click Colors->White Balance, click the white dropper, click on the part of the image that is whitest in real life (in this case I did it on the brightest part of the shoulder pad). Save.

Here's the result:

Works best if you have something pure white as a reference point. e.g. This image I did the other day isn't great due to not having my old light setup, but it still looks closer to the real thing after the white balance fix:

Left hand one is original, Right is the "fixed" image

or just install picasa, and push "i'm feeling lucky" then save. That's my workflow whenever i do warham pics. even when i've taken them on my phone.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I've got a unit of Scyllax Guardian-automata, and while they have a lot of weapons options in the book, not a whole lot comes with the kit (only the bolters and lots of arms)

Am i entirely wrong for wanting to outfit them entirely for CC purposes, with maybe one of them kitted out with a rad-cleanser, is this an entirely wrong idea? just have them hover around my Magos primus or whichever HQ i'll be rocking.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

SRM posted:

Man, I missed painting Ultramarines.

I dunno, you seem to have hit them rather well!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
The imperial Morale Office has deemed it fit to distribute these materials to you, our loyal subjects

To kill night lords, aim for the center of mass as it is now unarmoured.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
TEMPLATES

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Here's a written version of a very important bit of the stream.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

I went and participated in the Copenhagen Warhammer store's yearly "THE FANG" contest and managed to place #1 in the Large Miniature contest.

For full size pics, visit the gallery here https://imgur.com/gallery/4wTO7u4/ where i've also put in some comments :)

here's a bonus full army shot

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Felt like posting about 3000 points worth of Mechanicum.
the Tech-priest Dominus to the top left is the very first scion of mars i painted. i feel i've advanced slightly since!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Lovely ZM game!

i'm going to declare this unit of Secutarii Hoplites done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Guess i've painted a few robits this year?