Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
KILLBOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Stanyer89 posted:

For the non-slack folk. Some of my Iron Warriors...

7/10 no pavise

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks to the magic of 3D printing, I have a killbot prototype! It still needs a bunch of servo arms and other bits, but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

The legs are not quite right... maybe a bit too small or just not a good match designwise. I'm looking for some other options.

The saw hands feel a little wimpy too, I'll probably clip them off and replace them with something a little beefier. Might be good candidates for the servo arms.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I’m still floored every time I read these rules. I think you pay for what you get so the value is reasonable on paper, but man.

Oh and two hunter killers because why the gently caress not

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Going to roll with no cortex controller no kill switch and be like “uuuh he’s not with us we thought he was with you”

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

BULBASAUR posted:

I wonder what fun rules the Alpha Legion can stack onto it :downs: Can you get it into a dreadclaw or another deep striking / outflanking build?

Ive been trying to figure this out but haven’t come up with much synergy yet. I don’t think any legion vehicles can transport these things, but you might be able to take an arvus in an orbital strike wing and cram it in there. I have more research to do.

e: Autilon Skorr can infiltrate it, so that's kind of a thing.

e: Nothing can transport these. I thought arvus might because they can be taken as dedicated transports for castellax, but that's because they are given specific permission in the entry.

e: BS5, gently caress. I'm thinking it's worth losing 2 attacks to swap one arm for a big gun. Especially one that shoots 6 times a turn.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 15, 2020

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Excellent

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Looks great!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I don't think I've ever had microsol eat my varnish layer much less the paint.

I have, however; put too many decals on a model at once and later found some dried on my fingers.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I like how the micros smell like easter. They're probably just relabeled vinegar.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

TTerrible posted:

I want answers.

At Easter my family does the annual vinegar chugging contest.

No wait, my memory is fuzzy. It might be this:

Stephenls posted:

Oh, wow, it's been ages, but I vaguely remember dyeing easter eggs using food coloring and vinegar...?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Speaking of friendmakers:

KILLBOT

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Good news, both fine!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
slow maybe but extremely solid

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Excellent dark angels, excellent custodes, and excellent robits!

I've been toying with a dumb idea for awhile. What if old world fantasy exists in this universe on some backworld planet. A mechanicum explorator fleet stumbles across it and conscripts empire forces into their ranks.

I've gone through several (bad) test model iterations, but am relatively happy with how this version came out. I'm starting to envision steam tanks with updated weapons and high tech bits sticking out...

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 23, 2020

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Great nullificators!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Major Spag posted:

I got a feelin'!
I'm high on believin'...

These are amazing

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
So I put together a stupid army with a stupid theme in the attempts to try something a little different.

It's an Iron Hands army built around the Recon Company rite of war. You might be thinking "What the gently caress is wrong with you?". The answer is a lot of things, but here is my thinking!

For the unfamiliar, the Recon Company forces you to take three recon squads as compulsory troops. Anything with scout or infiltrate gets shrouded (+2 to cover saves) on the first turn game turn, and you can re-roll the first turn roll off and seize the initiative. The downsides are no terminators of any kind and heavy support choices must start in reserves.

With Iron Hands reducing the strength of incoming shooting by one, the overall plan is to blunt the first turn alpha strike as much as possible.

The first HQ is the special Iron Hands character Shadrak Meduson. He was more of a fluff pick because I primarily play Alpha Legion and in the fluff, Alpharius spent a significant amount of time masquerading as Shadrak. I gave him a command squad which was also a fluff pick. They all count as Iron Hands, but I wanted to have a representative of each of the traditional shattered legions. Each non-Iron Hand model was painted by someone in my group who played that particular army (thanks TKWG!). They have a dedicated proteus landraider with augury web so it has scout (and shrouded!). Being dedicated means it doesn't have to start in reserves.

The second HQ is a praevian with three Vorax. With native scout, deploying them in cover grants a 2+ cover save and gives the army some melee capability.

There's a bike squad with effective toughness 6, 2+ cover save when jinking, and FNP. Probably the toughest bike combination you can make.

Each of the three recon squads has a sniper rifle and combi-plasma. I restrained myself from giving whole squads sniper rifles for two reasons:
1) 5 points a model adds up, and if they're decked out, I'll have high expectations and they will only let me down.
2) One model per squad is cheap, and if I have zero expectations, they will occasionally do amazing things.

A scouting vet squad with a mix of combi-weapons. You know what these do.

This last one is the weird one. I'll start by saying that in general, infantry mounted multi-meltas are bad, really bad. I can't think of very many legions that make them much more of an appealing choice over the other options. My approach here was to make them as survivable as possible so that they might be able to do some work once they have a chance to set up. Also shoulder mounted pattern for maximum heresy.

I'm running 8 multimeltas, an apothecary, and a vigilator. The vigilator grants scout and stealth (and indirectly shrouded), for a 4+ invuln in the open or a 2+ invuln in cover. 8 snap shooting multimeltas is about equivalent to 1.5 multimeltas not snap shooting (for like 12x the price!). Sometimes one is all it takes.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 2, 2021

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
A storm eagle for each recon company coming up.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Not if the cruel tides of Australian warham do not allow me to outflank

We can crowd source your fluff as to why you should be allowed to outflank. Let's take turns adding 3 words. I'll start:

Once upon a

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Once upon a Heresy, there was a cute mortifactor and his big friendly unit of big metal boyfriends who would go

looking for other

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
extremely enamored by

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
hey that's more than 3 words

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I can confirm they already have 3 wounds!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
It would be interesting if they became monstrous creatures with castellax like profiles. Would make me think a little harder about autocannons.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Double post....can anyone with Epic 30k experience give me feedback on these 2 list? Looking to build one loyalist list and one "traitor" list to introduce people the game. I have settled on Iron Warriors and White Scars.
Before going through getting all the models, I'd like to make sure neither list is too "broken" against the other. Tried to keep them somewhat "fluffy" plus what sounded like fun
Thank you!!

Overall they seem fairly ok from a broken standpoint. In my experience, I haven't come across any particular unit that felt broken. It's just when you heavily skew your overall army it turns into more of a rock/paper/scissors situation.

One critique would be the dreadnought talon in the scars list. Foot slogging dreadnoughts are painfully slow. It's important to have something designated to hold backfield objectives, but a tactical squad can do that for a few more points and 3x as many wounds. Or a thudd gun battery would have a stronger impact. If I'm taking dreadnought talons, a strike cruiser and drop pods are basically auto-include, which may not be viable at this point level.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Put it on a 60mm base anCODE30d it will be ZM ready. Looks really good!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
My knight lore is weak

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
If you can't memorize every single rule and unit entry then you stand no chance in hamcourt and probably shouldn't be playing 30k

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Tommunist posted:

Hello I went down a weird scale model painter youtuber rabbit hole and ended up with this.

Excellent

HeavingGirth posted:

Needed a break from painting Night Lords, so I took a crack at a big, stinky boy:

Also excellent

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
First half of a 6 bike squad of estocs done!

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Battletech 30(50)

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Finally took glamour shots of my IH Recon Company

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
and by resin they meant only available in the upcoming Tabletop Simulator Horus Heresy Module where you can buy digital models at Forgeworld prices

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I'm unreasonably happy about rending autocannons.

6 and a half hour warning!

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 23, 2022

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Thanks for the write up, I'm super excited for this edition! :coronatoot:

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Did you catch any SKUs??? IS CODE 30 REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Already slapped one guy who asked if heresy was simpler than 40k. Doing my best to hold the gates.