Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
They were most likely farmed out to normal (non-professional painter) FW staff to do in their off hours, with a week or two to do it in, in exchange for a free box. I'd bodge it as well, then re-paint them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

krushgroove posted:

I'm going to get mine from Dark Sphere, the release came at a bad time for me so I'm glad it's not limited. Ebay UK has plastic Contempors at £30 and the Cataphractii for £20, for future reference. Probably cheaper to get the whole box and sell off the models you don't want or need.

Normally I'd go with elementgames.co.uk, as their postage is way way more reasonable. With DS I find that the ludicrous postage rates essentially negate the discount nowadays. Although with this box DS are the only people I can see applying a 20% discount, for some reason Element and Wayland are going with 10%.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Until they buckle at the toe.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

OhDearGodNo posted:

I've realized with the decline of metal minis the art of pinning seems to have vanished.

Pinning is a pain in the arse. That the weakness of the the medium was not taken into account with the Raptors, Swooping Hawks etc is a black mark on the sculptors. They look nice, but the design was idiotic.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Given that they've been sitting on the plastics from Calth since last year, I wonder if the timing of this release is to try and boost numbers after the apparent failure of AoS.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

ijyt posted:

I don't know what that is but probably.

I can some it up in one quote. "It [sic] cannot believe that the very ship carrying five companies of my battle-brothers and en-route to Calth was destroyed before reaching Vangelis in a random act of Xenos contrition"

Edit: Warhammer 30k - Random acts of Xenos contrition.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It looks like Kabalite Green for the most part with Incubi Darkness on the darker areas to me. But it could be the FW one, I believe they are similar.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

ijyt posted:

Yes please, some must have a "You wouldn't believe their technique! 'Eavy Metal painters hate him!" cheat for those dumb things.

Touch the end of a cocktail stick to paint, then to the rivet. After a while you'll have a build ot of dried paint on the cocktail stick that makes it less precise though.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It wasn't even a leak, they showed them at Games Day.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The 'leak' photos originated from Gamesday 2006 or 7, it was a prototype on display as part of what was being worked on at the time. I was there.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Killer_Bees! posted:

So I was actually going to get a bunch more done over the xmas break but my airbrush finally packed it in while I was doing these guys. Will be back at work before the replacement turns up so this is all I got done on my newly started Death Guard force. Will be playing a bunch of ZM and then expending out too 2-3k points probably running sacrificial ROW for out flanking fun, will be running lots of Cortus dreads, Praevion with some robots, Leviathan and some other goodies if I can fit it all in.

How do you do the white on those guys?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Killer_Bees! posted:

Base coating with an airbrush, brown primary coat then a strong grey zenith highlight followed by a pure white zenith highlight. Then just drown it all in sepia wash to taste and a gentle drybrush of pallid wych flesh. Weathering is just a dabbing of rhinox hide with an old cut back tatty brush and then high lighting the bigger brown areas with silver to give the scratches effect. Will link a step by step with pics when my replacement airbrush arrives on my next batch of you want ?

That's be good, thanks.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Mars is red, Ultramar
blue, Death Guard have bad AIDS and
they all smell like poo

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

just a quick check: did everyone who write a haiku want in on the typhon? the entries had varying levels of seriousness so before I figure out the winner (hint it might be random I'm not sure) I want to make sure who was actually interested

I wouldn't turn it down, but my haiku was mostly just me amusing myself.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Gurkhali posted:

I started painting an iron warrior after buying some of the Vallejo metal colour range, I’m reasonably pleased with it (considering I’ve barely touched a brush in 6 years).
Any suggestions on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

It's poo poo mate. Bin it.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I want a cupola that overflows with love
Although it's not enough to fill my heart

I want a bolter full of love
Although I know it's not enough to fill my heart

I want a resin full of love
But then I know the holes will still remain

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

JBP posted:

My Emperor's Children before getting some ink on them and poo poo. I think the pink highlights are a bit much, but I also like them and am conflicted.

They look good. If you're unsure finish one guy and see how it looks then. Never ever trust concerns about the main colour on its own (especially unfinished) when judging progress on a model. Secondary colours will alter the way your eyes perceive the dominant colour.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I went to the open day at Warhammer World yesterday. Spoke to FW for ages. It was a really good day out.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah, the Heresy didn't really come up.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's lovely. How did you do the stone he's standing on?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Broken Record Talk posted:

Panascope's gender is Warmaster.

I self-identify as a resin miscast.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

That face when your merkin just wont stop coming loose at the top.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
32mm is by far the better of the two.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Hmm, sounds like a weird conversion opportunity to me.

It's dildos all the way down.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That Cultist looks ace. I love the muted palette.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_Hambrose posted:

:toot:

Is it still really considered a finished TOXX without a base though? :confused: :confuoot:

A coat of Steel Legion Drab around the rim and his base is perfect.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

ijyt posted:

It took me like three years to pick a legion, and I ended up picking five.

Greedy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I feel ___ was robbed and there should be a drama.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TKIY posted:

Tt's ban came through but not mine. I must be special.

TKWG taking the fall for you again?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Just as we were going to discuss the piss tape.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEQmpVIE4A

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Consult the list here.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 10, 2018

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
HH Weekender schedule.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The idea of letting anyone but ADB, Abnett, or Chris Wraight anywhere near the siege of Terra makes me feel ill. All these years of HH books building to whatever ill-conceived arsegravy those two will drizzle on page.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I wouldn’t call turning an entire planet into a psychological torture fortress to be low effort but it was definitely high quality trolling.

I've seen better.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I am the jorts of Nurgle.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Pouring out a 12ml for Alan Bligh.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Pretty hosed up to walk a cat like a dog imo.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Hencoe posted:

Cross posting like a Princeps

This is excellent work, how did you do the rust on that box on the left?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so does your mom after her third divorce but that doesn't mean people should fuckin scream at her on tinder about it, it's not her fault

lmao at 'retard' good luck on your first day of fifth grade

Shut the gently caress up and gently caress the gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

adamantium|wang posted:

These are some really good mans my dudes. Here's what I've been working on:

One more Reaver and my toxx will be assembled

That's the only 'dynamic' Reaver pose I've seen that doesn't look poo poo. In fact it looks good. Well done.