Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

So there is a 2k event going on soon that is letting in 30k, its a fun event for charity and im thinking of bringing my Iron Warriors.
Don't let Hencoe say you with sweet words. It's ITC format with 30k allowed. You can expect to see Eldar and Tau, and there are going to be a lot of fairly murderous lists. Personally, I think he should bring his AdMech and introduce an Ork player to Volkite.

Most importantly, however, please help Hencoe murder elves and blue elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
It is pretty cool.

I'm jumping on the list bandwagon. I'm also using Calth as the basis for my army, with a few bits and conversions to round out some extra guys. I really like light infantry, so I'll want to make use of Alpha Legion's ability to infiltrate the majority of the time. The real question is how I build the list, and build up from there. I guess, right now, the plan is I infiltrate forward and try not to die. The 20 man blob has Feel No Pain from the Apoc, and Stealth with a Void Shield Harness from the Consul. Everyone tries to scrunch into cover around the enemy, with the Terminators able to risk sitting in the open versus some lists. I shoot people a bunch, and then charge forward and punch them turn 2. It is, uh, a plan I guess.

+++ Alpha Legion (1760pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1760pts) ++

+ HQ (475pts) +

Exodus (115pts)

Legion Centurion (165pts) [Bolter with only Banestrike Rounds (5pts), Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Armour, Power Dagger (5pts), Power Weapon (15pts), Refractor Field (10pts), Void Shield Harness (40pts)]
····Consul (35pts) [Vigilator (35pts)]

Legion Praetor (195pts) [Chainfist (15pts), Nanyte Blaster (40pts), Power Dagger (5pts), Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon (35pts)]
····Master of the Legion [Pride of the Legion]

+ Troops (845pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (325pts) [19x Legion Tactical Space Marines (190pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (40pts)]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (25pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Dagger (5pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Lernaen Terminator Squad (260pts) [4x Lernean Terminator (160pts), 4x Power Fist (20pts)]
····Harrower (15pts) [Power Fist (5pts), Venom Sphere Harness (10pts)]

Lernaen Terminator Squad (260pts) [4x Lernean Terminator (160pts), 4x Power Fist (20pts)]
····Harrower (15pts) [Power Fist (5pts), Venom Sphere Harness (10pts)]

+ Elites (50pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (50pts)
····Legion Apothecary (50pts) [Augury Scanner (5pts)]

+ Fast Attack (390pts) +

Headhunter Kill Teams (195pts) [4x Headhunter (100pts)]
····Headhunter Prime (20pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

Headhunter Kill Teams (195pts) [4x Headhunter (100pts)]
····Headhunter Prime (20pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Fist (15pts)]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XX: Alpha Legion]

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Dont play with WAAC players. Ever.
Hencoe is actually the WAAC player. "Hen "GO HARD" coe," as he is referred to. The man tries to play the "woe is me" card but introduced 30k locally by playing AdMech (and Volkite) versus my Orks. Just a week or two ago, he played a game against a dude trying out 30k by using his Blood Angels army. Just mercilessly crushed the poor bastard, didn't even let him know that you can take a Dreadnought Talon. I think Hencoe lost two Terminators and a handful of Marines versus literally everything else in the guy's army.

Hencoe posted:

Helping a store in town get a 30k league going
Look at this poo poo. The man is running out of victims, and he's so desperate for fresh meat that he's making a league to bait in new players. Hundo for a new box of Calth and then league entry is all you need to get tabled by Iron Warriors as Hencoe complains the entire time about how bad his Legion is.

What I'm getting at is that Hencoe is a bad man. :colbert:

(I am working hard on my Alpha Legion so that I may walk in the footsteps of the immortal Stanyer89, PBUH. Last time I played Hencoe and lost I ricocheted a Bloodletter off of him and into the corner of the store. S'good shot.)

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

: the sound of one man not getting laid :
Hey man, I thought you'd at least have the kindness to let him kill more than three models. Also, in hindsight, I think it wasn't a Bloodletter I pegged you with. That was a different incident. I think the last time was when I found a little plastic pig in the parking lot, proclaimed it a good luck charm, and proceeded to get table. And you just loving smirked at me and that lil hog until I banked the shot like an MLG pro.

I don't want people to think I'm some weird ham who throws models at everyone, though. Just at Hencoe. He's a rough, manual man and sometimes he needs a rough, manual correction. :love:

BULBASAUR posted:

Rapiers and Hams
I like the look of those Rapiers, but there are a lot of good alternatives for them. One dude in my group has these coming in, and Hencoe uses those Mantic Gun Platform things to drop Shatter Charges all day, everyday. Also, if we ever make it down the coast to your area, we'll just skip the playing and see who takes a pewter Bloodthirster to the dome first.

By the way, what the hell is up with availability on FW for Volkite? I want to make some Alpha Legion Terminators, but the lack of Volkite is really chapping my rear end. I looked into alternative weapons, but nothing really fits what I need. It's more than just the chargers - everything Volkite seems to be slowly going out of stock.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Tell me about playing Daemons in 30k. (Hi, Hencoe.) I've got too many projects to really get a proper Legion army together and ready in time for an upcoming league, and I happen to have Daemons for days. The big things I gather are going to be -
- Volkite is going to be superb against me, instead of really good.
- The psychic phase will almost always be uncontested. This is good, because I worship BIRD DAD, LORD OF WIZARDS.
- I'm likely going to have to punch a lot of tanks at some points.
- There will be a lot of bolters aimed in my direction. Bolters for days, even.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Also be prepared for a lot of power armored FnP.
I am 100% prepared to give people stupid high FnP rolls through the incautious use of Flickering Fire.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

That's mean. Now you're just pouring salt into Hencoe's open wound
Please don't do this. Hencoe doesn't need more salt.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

Oh hey, I get to see my dice before Havocs or tyrants!
You know you'd just bitch when you got them.

"These have too many stars!"

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Stanyer89 posted:

Panascope would lose because Hencoe knows all of the rules.
I can, as a personal friend of Hencoe, confirm this is true. He spends his days trawling for 30k games, crushing pussy, and smoking weed. He is the God King of Heresy, and all bow before his encyclopedic knowledge gathered from being bored for hours on a delivery truck with nothing to do but text dank memes and reread the entire HH ruleset yet again.

Godspeed, Hencoe.

(He has also been helping me with an Alpha list, so bonus points there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hencoe posted:

For a post that has nothing but compliments, I can feel spite from here. What are you plotting.
I've got neither spite nor malice for you, amigo. Just spreading the good word!

Want these guys to know how cool you are for when you finally meet.