Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Digging the Nightlords

Especially the dude doing ballet in the back

Hixson fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Recoome posted:

please post the smashed marine as evidence

i submit this lovely broken marine as evidence:

Note the dead lovely army in the background

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

He'll probably come in here later and madpost about how Bulbasaur hosed him over and he totally would've won and :downswords: or whatever but he's bad and mad.

Stanyer89 posted:

Seeking a new teammate instead.

Panascope is prophetic

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I'm actually just gay

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

ijyt posted:

Also, when are Thousand Sons due?

Somewhere between mid next year and never

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

YES YES YEEEESSSSS

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Kinda wish they'd use the version with the corner filigree/indents, but these are still sick as hell.

I'm just happy the upgrade kits are mk4. So my horde of mk4 dudes will fit in. I really dig the helmets, I'll probably stick with my sculpted and casted shoulder pads though

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah its definitely up to how your group wants to interpret it. It's like what happened with Laser Destroyers 48" range and Sunder Shells for Thudd Guns. We get a new book (Admech) where a unit with the exact same wording gets updated bringing the other one into question. TLDR- FWs legendary editing team.

Lascannons aren't an option and you still only get two bombs/missiles. Makes sense as it would make it a bit OP if you got four krakens for 25 points :pcgaming:

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation enjoying yourself? Quit making effort posts about hams you nerd

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Another batch of dudes ready for basing!

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

Where'd you get the shoulder pads?

I made them. Scuplted one with green stuff and casted a bunch of copies

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Eh, those are pretty alright. I'm more excited about the special units, Magnus, and rules

TTerrible posted:

The bottom left one in particular looks like someone squashed a ball of putty with the end of a tool and then made the three lines with their finger nail.

I take offense to this

Also, thanks for the kind words the last page about my dudes :shobon:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The shoulder pads aren't even right. The large fingers on the pointed star don't change directions enough times...

It's correct in the background of the release image for gods sake

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I think the pose is supposed to capture the moment where he just touches down. He is still moving down and forward. You can see the rocks breaking under his left foot. I think the hair is fine .

Not my favorite of the primarch models; but certainly not the worst.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Here's some bad pictures of the Praetor I've been working on for my Thousand Sons. The paintjob is pretty washed out with the harsh lighting.

I used the Jon Blanche Magnus artwork for modeling inspiration

He wants to look like daddy :shobon:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

koreban posted:

You should havemake Hixson post painting guides for his thousand sons dudes as well.

I've been meaning to make a guide or two. I even have a blog (that I haven't posted to in over year). But guides are pretty :effort:

Once you get your EC going we should get the gang together and throw down

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Embrace the fluff and ALWAYS take your legion RoW.

Ask BULBASAUR why he refuses to take IW RoW

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

loving :effort: post. Nerd.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Confirmed to be on sale @ the Weekender

What's supposed to be in this one?

Also if you can't handle people critiquing your mans don't post your mans. SA is one of the only places on the internet where people will offer real criticism of your poo poo and not just tell you how good at painting you are

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Wait so you're pointing to silver metallic paint with a pencil that you also use to create a metallic effect. Not confusing at all

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Washing black is a cool trick. Glad to see you posting again Richyp

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Ghost Hand posted:

Finished up this guy enough for LVO this weekend. I'll add some writings of Lorgar and such on it - and FW doors when I have time to order them. But this will do for now.

Man, that heat stain on the barrel is ace. How'd you do it?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

We were using these rules.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yeah this is great. Day 1 purchase for sure. Thanks for all the pics Mango Polo

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Also the Iron Circle loving owns. Its a great day to be a Iron Hands Iron Warriors player

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

muggins posted:

The SA models are super super ugly though

Sorry about your super bad opinion

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Dang. That's a cool robot. I wonder what I could proxy it for? The domitar rules are just 'ok'. I can't have ok units in my army. Only min/maxed super armies. Also I'm gay

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

After reading the last 250 posts in the 40k thread; I have a deep appreciation for how not hosed this game is. My 40k armies won't be leaving their cases for a while

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Why would you play anything other than traitors. Chaos reigns biiiitch

I read this in Ricks voice

DJ Dizzy posted:

Magnus thought that too. Look what happened to his planet. :black101:

Yeah he got a sweet demon planet in hell instead

Also he got turned into a monkey

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

CasualSalmon posted:

My first batch of tac marines from my BaC box. So much more to work on...got a new air brush...which is nice.

anywho..

Dude, fix your photo's white balance in GIMP or whatever software you're using for these. It would go a long way.

Also, your models look great as usual

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Tell me more! I haven't read the new book.

Iron warriors are probably still better. Dw

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

Seems like the main (only) purpose of the Sicaran Venator is to shut down LOWs without having one of your own. E.g. when someone tries to ram a Typhon down your throat at 2k points, that's where the venator might shine.

Yep. Unsurprisingly its pretty awful when all there is to shoot at is rhinos and infantry

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

You have to throw your phone against the wall

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Any indication when Thousand Sons legion rules will be released? I've been completely out of the loop

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I've never read a book from Black Library except the Cain stuff. The bar for writing just doesn't seem high and the primarchs seem like super hero stories (which is cool if that's your thing)

*Has only read a couple BL books*
*Makes sweeping generalization of BL authors*

Standard Bulba, nothing to see here

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

So the 3 worst books then a lovely deathwatch series from no-name authors. Wow I just got owned

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Bulbasaur wrote up a bunch of league rules for us to run our campaign, it's fun. 30k is great at low points because every game turns into a meat grinder and I like that. It's boring to take all your models off the table on the first turn.

unless those models are adlance

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Too bad nobody in our group plays Iron Warriors.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I appreciate this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

panascope posted:

Iron Warriors? I thought you played Iron Hands.

We'll find out Sunday! Or we wont!