Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Technically AT is a Heresy game and I’m really happy with this guy so I’m posting him here.

He's great. Awesome job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Lord_Hambrose posted:

It is weird, because Salamanders having good models and good rules. I assume Nick Kyme being assigned to write their novels was the kiss of death.

VULKAN LIVES.

I liked those novels. Not sure they had a point, but I liked them.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Even the world's worst game launch can't stop the TOXX.

And yet "$10 bucks heals all wounds."

Not sure about the doof teef on the first guy, but the blood angels are fancy.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Some nice Primarchs on these pages.

I have to say, that Dorn's head is great. I really love it when a character comes out looking like some kind of unique personality.

With no time to paint, I've burned money instead and bought some Iron Warriors. Now I have the two legions that care the least about the value of a human life.

When is the next ham slam? I finally have time to embarrass myself again and I'd like to spend more time with the group.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 20, 2019

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
That back ported plagueburst crawler is a really cool idea. Love the new mini-tank also. I'm sitting on a ton of Sons of Horus kits. Maybe I should work on that army next year.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

It’d be good to have you back!

Earlier in the year I bought someone's Iron Warriors so I could join the BEST LEGION EVER, but never made time to play. I'll send you an email.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Does this look along the lines of what you might expect in a ZM game?

++ Zone Mortalis - Combatant (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [1,000pts] ++

+ Elites +

Dreadnought Talon, Legion [150pts]
. Dreadnought, Legion: Extra Armour
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer
. . Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon: Heavy Flamer

The Red Butchers [275pts]: 4x Butcher Terminator, 4x Second Power Axe
. The Devoured: Second Power Axe

+ HQ +

Praetor Tribune, Legion [180pts]

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [250pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Melta Bombs
. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol
. . Caedere Weapon: Excoriator Chainaxe
. Standard Wargear
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [145pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion
. Additional Wargear: Take an additional Chainsword, Combat Blade, Chainaxe
. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Bolter
. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainswords/Combat Blades

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor
. XII: World Eaters: Blood Madness

Rite of War

+ Use Playtest Rules +

Use Playtest Rules: Playtest Rules On

++ Total: [1,000pts] ++

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Certainly reasonable. I think the main feedback I’d give is that you only need one compulsory troop choice in ZM, and praetors are kind of a points sink unless you’re doing something very deliberate with them (like salamanders giving them eternal warrior or a RoW that lets them teleport or something).

I’d consider downgrading the praetor to some kind of consul and cutting either the assault marines or tacs to take something scary, like a support squad, seekers or another dread.

The praetor is in there since he's all painted up to look like the Red Butchers. I could turn him into a consul with a power weapon, though.

Regarding inductii, I have a squad of 20. I thought that might be a little cheesy (and hard to maneuver?). But maybe WE is a legion where no matter how hard you lean into the rules you don't really get too bad.

I'm on a trip atm, but when I get home I'll get into the slack and ask some questions there.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 1, 2020

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Don't forget Inquisitor!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Watching Leakycheese...is Maloghurst plastic? Definitely looks like a really clean, sharply defined miniature with some tiny structural elements and details...

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
It's always like brother fighting brother in this post.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Those upgrade sprues are excellent!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Death Guard guy looks like he puked in his helmet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably a healthy dose of lore. Heresy is a lore bomb of a game.