Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The comma is ok as a stylistic choice, but it's sow dissent, not sow descent

hth

That was never in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sulecrist posted:

The comma is appropriate because it's imperative, so "you" is implied as the noun before each verb: "[You s]ow d[iss]ent, and [you] destroy the heart of your enemy's army."
This is complete bullshit and you know it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, is this the weekend the Dark Angels rules are going to leak? :ohdear:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Killer_Bees! posted:

Preferred enemy monstrous creatures and stubborn!

Add Hatred (Dark Angels) and we've probably got it figured out.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Are these guys going to be the prototype Grey Knights or what.

Nah, that's some other goofs covered only in audio dramas or some poo poo. Garro. That dude.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks like the are carried by their wargear:

:laffo: These are loving great. Just loving great. What the hell, Forge World? I expected bad, but I could not have dreamt up this poo poo. The loving sword legion. Fantastic. Look at that downside, holy poo poo. Maybe, maybe they'll have good rites of war, but I'm not holding my breath. Jesus gently caress.

Mango Polo posted:

FYI to anyone who is sad about BA/WS/DA rules, Allan Bligh has called them placeholders.
That's some goddamn placeholder. :cripes:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Have a battlemech:

ijyt posted:

The worst legion gets the worst rules. :colbert:
:negative:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

Can't upload anything anymore, but basically:

RoW 1: Ravenwing Protocol

• Iron Knights: Sky Hunter jetbikes and Outrider bikes are the only troops you can take in a Primary Detachment with this RoW. The IC you selected to use this RoW must be on a jetbike or bike. Anyone who can't ride a bike is not allowed.
  • Knights Commander: IC in the detachment can re-roll wounds against targets with Toughness 5 or more. In addition they anf any unit they join ignore Leadership penalties during the Assault phase.
  • Search and Destroy: Jetbikes and skimmers (including those taken as... mounts by IC? I guess that's something for the future) can leave the table in their own movement phase and be placed in Ongoing Reserves. They re-enter using Outflank.
  • Hunt Them Down: Sweeping Advances can be re-rolled.
  • Scour the Land: Characters can take rad grenades for 5 points each.
  • The only vehicles allowed in the army are Skimmers and Flyers.
  • Infantry must start the game embarked on a flying transport and can only enter from Reserve.
  • No fortifications or Allies.
  • Only LoWs allowed are "Flyers of some type"
  • Inviolate and Alone: Models with LA (Dark Angels) using this RoW can never get Leadership benefits or Leadership-related bonus from non-LA (Dark Angels) or Sire of the DA sources. Also units from this RoW cannot be joined by IC from other detachments.
This has some minor promise, but sounds like a real hassle. You'd think they'd allow for deep striking infantry in addition to dudes in flying transports, but :shrug: I probably wouldn't touch this one.

Mango Polo posted:

RoW 2: Ironwing Protocol
  • Interlocking Fire: Vehicle squadrons with at least 2 models remaining have BS5.
  • Exterminators: Infantry shooting at models within 12" add +1 to wound if they are using Pistol, Rapid Fire, or Salvo weapons of S5 or less.
  • The Dust of Untold Worlds: Each tank vehicle ignores the first dangerous terrain test they have to make once per game. Also +1" to distance when moving Flat Out.
  • Goliaths of War: All dreads included in this detachment have Fear (hello fear, my old friend) and Tank Hunters.

• Infantry must start the game embarked on Tank transport vehicles.
  • At least half the units of the armymust be Tank vehicles.
  • If all Tanks are destroyed, the enemy gets a free additiomal Secondary Objective.
  • No fortifications or allied detachments.
This though? This is totally workable. A giant armored fist that unloads at short range. :getin: Too bad about the legion rules though. :v: Seriously, they are the loving worst.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Isn't their legion-specific wargear really good, though?

Who knows? It depends on the availability of that stuff. I do like that they have the 40k Blades of Caliban (Calibanite warblades) and the Monster Hunter relic (Terranic greatsword) as weapon options. The warblade is probably a bit more available, but I can see the greatsword as HQ only or even just for Praetors at which point why even bother. That plasma repeater is cool, but watch it be a terminator heavy weapon option or something.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
30k Dark Angels - A Review by Safety Factor (age 11)
What I expected: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk
What we got: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnRrPqgKBS0
Iron Warriors in comparison to these rules: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8XfV8aPAyQ

Thank you for your time.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Mango Polo, sir,

Can you please take a picture of the Dark Angels' wargear page? We got the statlines, but none of the context. I am curious how widely available their unique weapons are and I haven't been able to find anything like this online yet. Any information is appreciated.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I'm on my way back to Berlin, aka stranded in Nottingham for the next 18 forsaken hours because my flight is in the wee morning hours. Can't really unpack my bag for a while I'm afraid :(

If it doesn't show up before then, remind me again tomorrow.

Cool, no big deal. Thanks for all the info you've posted already.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

gently caress it, it's totally normal to whip out some bigass book in the departure section of an airport with a scary robbit on the cover and start taking pictures right?

Neat, thanks again.

I'll be honest, this is more favorable than I expected. The Calibanite war blades are the same cost as power swords for sergeants and while the greatsword is limited to HQs it is only 15 points somehow, holy poo poo. I really thought the war blade would be 20-25 points while the greatsword would be 30-40. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the plasma repeater though. It's really short-ranged and it'll only reach out to 6" if you move. Good luck pulling off three shots with a 12" range while immobile. A support or veteran tactical squad with these things will absolutely need a transport or drop pod. Stasis grenades are stasis grenades. The problem here is that I have no idea what units can even take those. I'm glancing through the legion list and I'm not seeing grenade launchers as an option anywhere. Maybe it's future-proofing, maybe it's a goof-up. It'll be hilarious if Dark Angels eventually get a special unit with loving grenade launchers just for these things. The missiles are a solid option though. Like others have said, the acid shells are awesome. It's too bad you can't give them to predators, but it looks like twin-linked heavy bolter dreadnoughts finally have their niche. Heavy bolter heavy support squads too.

I feel like if you want to make full use of the unique weaponry you're going to have to run a fairly mixed force with veteran tactical, support, and heavy support squads. Regular tactical squads might not feature a whole lot and when they do it might be worth shelling out for their combat blades to benefit from the legion's dumb special rule. With all of that in mind, their unique RoWs suck, especially the Ravenwing one even though you can run an army of acid heavy bolter dickbikes. I think Dark Angels are going to be better off running a generic RoW instead. After seeing the wargear rules I'm warming more to the army, but I don't think that stuff entirely makes up for the hilariously bad legion rules. There were just so many interesting directions they could have taken the army and they didn't. It's sloppy and really feels like a missed opportunity. White Scars are the clear winners rules-wise as far as the new legions go. Hopefully the Blood Angels and Dark Angels get solid updates in the future.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm tinkering with some Dark Angels lists and, man, I am really not used to these point costs. Someone suggested I run a unit of 7 plasma repeater support dudes with an apothecary in a land raider proteus with the scout thing. At higher points values, of course.
270+250+45 = 565 :shepface:

Also, 5 acid dickbikes go for 230 points. :getin: I'm wondering if it'd even be worth running a multi-melta or some other weapon in a squad like that, but I'm kind of leaning towards no.

My first thought for the army is a 1000 point list with a Delegatus and a couple of veteran squads. Two 10-man units with acid suspensor heavy bolters, a war blade sergeant, and a rhino. That'll leave about 300 points to tinker with. Unfortunately, the vet squads need to be full 10-mans so they can get two heavy bolters. The Delegatus is going to have to find a mob to hang out in or a maybe a ride somewhere else. The list will probably need some sort of anti-vehicle too.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I think I'm gonna leave them in the land raider, mostly because they're going to need to grab objectives pretty often and I feel like I need to give them a good shot at survivability- I figure they're a huge magnet for fire but I can't afford to play with them as a suicide squad since so many of my points have to get committed to tanks. Definitely rifles over repeaters though.
I think repeaters might be worth giving a shot. You won't be able to pile out and unload three shots, but those two you will get will still be twin-linked if only at 6". That'll get more hits, mitigate Gets Hot, and it's not like S7 matters over S6 if you're shooting at T4 dudes. The big issue is range, obviously. If they get charged it'll also be a nasty overwatch before they die horribly. This isn't directed at you specifically, but I just feel that if you're going to play Dark Angels you should try to work in their unique wargear wherever possible. It helps make up for their really lackluster legion rules.

On that note: I have no idea how to put stasis missiles into a list. I like stasis grenades in 40k and in 30k where almost everything is a mirror match dropping marines to I3 could be a big deal. The problem is that nothing in the legion list can actually take grenade launchers so missiles are the only option. You don't have to upgrade every missile launcher in a unit with these things so it could be possible to take a small heavy support squad and give one guy, maybe the sergeant, stasis missiles. Just an idea, but one I'm not particularly enamored with. Veteran tactical squads can take missile launchers with suspensors, but my plan with them is to run suspensor acid bolters so that's out too. Destroyers get rad missile launchers, but firing a stasis shell means you're not using the nasty ammunition they come with. If they can even be upgraded to have stasis shells. The unit entry says rad missiles and no other type. I don't know how that interacts with these new rounds. Probably a bad idea regardless. Hell, if combi grenade launchers could use these dumb shells I'd go that route, but that's not an option. It would also be the first time those would ever see the table anywhere. Good job, Forge World.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The rules state:

quote:

Stasis shells may be taken on models with the Legions Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule equipped with a grenade launcher, twin-linked grenade launchers, or missile launchers as an additional ammunition type

I didn't think combi grenade launchers would fall under that, but I will happily be wrong if that's the case. I just think it would be specifically stated if it were.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

As written yeah, there can be some discussion. But a combi-GL is really just a grenade launcher with One Shot and IMO it works. That's also why I put the grenade harness as a separate thing.
As intended though, it seems reallllllly obvious that it should allow most if not all types of grenade launchers to get them. It's a legion rule intended for the legion and on technicality you'd be unable to use it at all? Bleh.

If I were you I'd send an email to FW about it. Their replies can be a bit iffy sometimes, but at least you'd get a much better idea of what was intended.
Not a bad idea. I might just send them an e-mail so they know those grenades aren't actually an option for anyone. Clarification would be a bonus.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i actually can't think of a legiones astartes unit that can take just 'grenade launchers', if we aren't including combi-weapons
That's the thing, no one can. No unit in the list has access to regular grenade launchers or twin-linked grenade launchers. :downs:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 9, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
E-mail sent to FW. I am the ur-goon. :negative:

Even if they rule that you can slap stasis grenades into a combi weapon it's still going to be a 15 point upgrade to get one shot off. That one shot may save a bunch of your models if you can pull it off at the right time though. Maybe it's worth it. If nothing else, this clarification would let people actually use the damned things if they want to.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, gently caress yeah. Blackshields look rad as hell. Just a bunch of punk space marines in cobbled together, garbage gear running around shooting lasguns and spray painting MARINES LOL all over everything.

Alternatively, goth kids, space pirates, or horrible mutants.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Stop the clock. Dark Angles outriders with plasma repeaters.

Not an option. :smith: They don't take regular plasma guns, but twin-linked ones and those replace the bolters mounted on their bikes. Besides, those would be better in most situations anyways.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

how many shots is that on Pariah bolters? it looks like a 3 or a 5?
It's a 2.

Endman posted:

Can somebody repost the Dark Angels RoWs? I think the images got taken down.
The RoWs weren't pictures, they were typed out earlier in the thread. Here they are:

Mango Polo posted:

Can't upload anything anymore, but basically:

RoW 1: Ravenwing Protocol

• Iron Knights: Sky Hunter jetbikes and Outrider bikes are the only troops you can take in a Primary Detachment with this RoW. The IC you selected to use this RoW must be on a jetbike or bike. Anyone who can't ride a bike is not allowed.
  • Knights Commander: IC in the detachment can re-roll wounds against targets with Toughness 5 or more. In addition they anf any unit they join ignore Leadership penalties during the Assault phase.
  • Search and Destroy: Jetbikes and skimmers (including those taken as... mounts by IC? I guess that's something for the future) can leave the table in their own movement phase and be placed in Ongoing Reserves. They re-enter using Outflank.
  • Hunt Them Down: Sweeping Advances can be re-rolled.
  • Scour the Land: Characters can take rad grenades for 5 points each.
  • The only vehicles allowed in the army are Skimmers and Flyers.
  • Infantry must start the game embarked on a flying transport and can only enter from Reserve.
  • No fortifications or Allies.
  • Only LoWs allowed are "Flyers of some type"
  • Inviolate and Alone: Models with LA (Dark Angels) using this RoW can never get Leadership benefits or Leadership-related bonus from non-LA (Dark Angels) or Sire of the DA sources. Also units from this RoW cannot be joined by IC from other detachments.

RoW 2: Ironwing Protocol
  • Interlocking Fire: Vehicle squadrons with at least 2 models remaining have BS5.
  • Exterminators: Infantry shooting at models within 12" add +1 to wound if they are using Pistol, Rapid Fire, or Salvo weapons of S5 or less.
  • The Dust of Untold Worlds: Each tank vehicle ignores the first dangerous terrain test they have to make once per game. Also +1" to distance when moving Flat Out.
  • Goliaths of War: All dreads included in this detachment have Fear (hello fear, my old friend) and Tank Hunters.

• Infantry must start the game embarked on Tank transport vehicles.
  • At least half the units of the armymust be Tank vehicles.
  • If all Tanks are destroyed, the enemy gets a free additiomal Secondary Objective.
  • No fortifications or allied detachments.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

I'm surprised there isn't a Terminator-focused RoW, considering Deathwing. Or were they invented post heresy?

DJ Dizzy posted:

Deathwing is a post-heresy invention methinks.

Cythereal posted:

In an organizational sense it is, but in the books the Dark Angels apparently use a different organizational structure from everyone else: almost every character is mentioned to be part of a -wing formation. Deathwing, ravenwing, dreadwing, ironwing, and voidwing have all been mentioned IIRC.
The Deathwing was around during the legion days and originally kept their black armor when the rest of the Dark Angels switched to green. The bone-colored armor thing happened some time post-Heresy when one squad freed their homeworld from a bunch of genestealers. I don't know if the exact millennium is mentioned, but there's a 10,000 year window to work with.
:goonsay:

But yeah, you can already pretty much represent Deathwing with Pride of the Legion or similar Rites of War so a Deathwing rite would mostly be a reprint. Personally, I think their unique RoWs are a little too restrictive and won't be using them. Don't get me wrong, an army of acid dickbikes would be hilarious(ly expensive), but with infantry limited to flying transports and vehicles limited to skimmers or flyers I think they'd be hard-pressed for staying power. Bikes really aren't that tough though the outflanking redeployment thing is pretty cool and would help mitigate that. The Ironwing rite seems much more manageable, you'd just need a bunch of rhinos. I'm going to start with a Pride list though. Acid heavy bolter sniper veterans sound like fun.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Personally, I love the Solar Auxilia models. All those flanges. :swoon:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I picked up the Calth set yesterday to get the ball going on my 30k Dork Angles and I have some questions about cataphractii. I went ahead and grabbed five more off of ebay for an even ten to play around with. What are some good weapon combos for either two squads of five or one squad of ten? The kit comes with powerfists and I'm kind of partial to axes to keep points down. Forge World now sells some additional arm packs for the plastic models so anything is workable. My legion of choice gets a "powerful" bonus for using power swords, but I have always been underwhelmed by power sword terminators in 40k. To be more precise, I have always loving hated power sword terminator sergeants. They're useless shits. Though in this case I could get a sweet S5 power sword on the sergeant (and only the sergeant) for free. That might actually do something. How critical is AP2 for terminators, especially cataphractii? Would I be better off with axes and/or fists? Which of the two should I focus on more? Are twin lightning claws worth the upgrade cost or would singles be better? Despite the DA bonus to hit, a single lightning claw looks like it'll be slightly more effective than a regular power sword.

Comedy option: All power mauls all the time?

Mango Polo posted:

Yo Book 6 is most likely going on sale tomorrow; if you enjoyed the pictures do consider getting it.The fluff is cool, the art is cool. The only thing missing are wulfen in jorts, but you can't have every great thing in one book.
I'm probably going to wait on the updated legion red book, but I will definitely be getting book VI. I own all of the others already. :shepspends:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 11, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Was there any sort of ETA for the new legion army list book or is it just "later this year"? If that's the case I think I'll just pick up Book VI now and get a big bits/mans order in later with the new red book tossed in.

DJ Dizzy posted:

If you dont go AP2 weapons on terminators, you are at risking of getting absolutely murdered by terminators that have some AP2 weapons. Chainfists are also a good option for cracking open spartans.
Yeah, I think AP2 weapons are a big deal for cataphractii, especially. It's not like they can run down a big 3+ squad so they seem like they want to go toe to toe with big, nasty poo poo. I'm probably going to mostly use axes to save points with some fists tossed in for good measure. A couple of combis and I'm good to go. The only question for me is whether I should give the sergeant a Calibanite warblade. They're cool and all, but I think that guy'd be better off with a powerfist or chainfist. And, well, like I said earlier, I have always loving hated power sword terminator sergeants in 40k.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It's worth noting that DA terminator command squads can have Calibanite swords on everybody. I think with them I'd go with combi-weapons on everyone and then hide 2-3 power/chainfists in the squad. With regular termies, all powerfists and combi-weapons.
I realized that too. I think it'd be a fun unit to run, but I also think you'd want them in the new and improved tartaros armor so they can sweep a bunch of 3+ dudes. If Forge World ever pays attention to it again.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 12, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

Why wouldnt you be able to do it with regular artificer armor command squads?

You can, but terminator armor would include an invulnerable save. You could take power weapons and combat shields for the same price as the terminator armor upgrade so really all you'd get out of the deal would be a combi-bolter and one less attack. Well, and a 5++ at range instead of a 6++ if that matters. I'd probably go for the artificer armor squad, I was just thinking out loud through text. Plus, tartaros armor looks cool and more customized versions of it would also be cool.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

Magna-Lascannons are S10 AP1, 72" range, Ordnance 2, Large Blast.

And it has two of them. Twinlinked.

So not only hitting on 2's but rerolling those 1's as well.
That's not how blasts work.

That's still a scary robot.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is that guy? Goddamn.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark Angles Terranic Greatsword niche: Instant killing the gently caress out of some dumbass robots. Totally going to set up a legion champion on an acid dickbike with a master-crafted greatsword for something like that. :getin: He will die horribly nobly.

Mango Polo continues to be thread hero.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 14, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Converting the dumb chainfist praetor to be a primus medicae in cataphractii: good idea??? He'd be run with a blob of the idiot fuckers and they'll eventually ride in a Spartan or something.

30k scratches my itch for HQs like crazy. There are so many options. :shepface:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DO IT TO IT posted:

How hard is it to convert the BaC terminator character to have different weapons? My set hasn't arrived yet, but I want to swap his chainfist for this DA sword I've got from 40k. I'd like to swap his combi-melta for a regular combi-bolter as well.
Well, the chainfist arm is posed specifically to the model and the chainfist housing is from the elbow up. It wouldn't be possible to give him a sword unless you completely remove the current arm at the elbow and graft a completely new one on. The combi-melta is much easier though you need to be careful about the vambrace. I'm currently converting the guy into a primus medicae so I have just done both of these things. The chainfist has been replaced with a Deathwing terminator apothecary's tools and the combi-melta with the sword from that same kit. Seriously though, unless you're good at converting don't attempt to replace the chainfist. It's involved a lot of chopping, trimming, and filing and I think I still have some minor green stuff work to do. You may be better off trying to get a standard cataphractii arm to fit and there is one with a power sword in the set. That'll have its own caveats though.

I'll post the guy in a few days after I've had the chance to finish everything. Along with the chaplain I converted to be... a slightly different chaplain.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Actually, thinking about it, I'm not sure the regular cataphractii arm will fit easily without a good amount of work either. I'll double-check later today, but I'm pretty sure the praetor's body has some of those tassle things built into it and the regular arm has those molded on it too. Even that would take a lot of trimming. You'd also have to account for the odd shape of the torso/arm contact point. I don't know what to recommend at this point. Character models can sometimes be a bitch to work with.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't see a plastic Sicaran fitting in another boxed game like Calth. I'd love one, but that'll have to be a separate release.

Give me plastic MkII and plastic dickbikes, please.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Maybe it's a predator!

Speaking of, I figured out that a Blood Angels predator with twin-linked iliastus Assault Cannons as a main weapon, iliastus side sponsons and a pintle-mounted iliastus only costs 120 points.

Maybe it's a predator! :v:
Uh. Holy poo poo. Blood Angels are totally going to get their assault cannon access nerfed into the loving ground.

Dark Angels can't get their acid heavy bolter rounds on anything but models with the LA(DA) rule and dreadnoughts so vehicles are out. I totally would've run some cheap acid predators otherwise. I'd expect BA to get a similar rules treatment where models with LA(BA) can swap heavy flamers for assault cannons, but vehicles can't with the exception of the predator's turret or a dreadnought's ranged arm. As-is, a dreadnought could take two close combat arms each with an underslung assault cannon.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

A 10 man heavy weapons team all with assault cannons is only like 230.
For 40 shots.
Although dark angels do the same trick with acid bolters for the same price.

gently caress shrapnel bolts.
135+(5*20)+(10*5) = 285
It's still pretty ridiculous.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

I can't let math get in the way of me being bitter.
I'm an engineer. I can't consider anything without some math. :v:

Hencoe posted:

Also tried out leviathans in both 30k and the relic ones in 40k.
They are cool as hell but still seem sooooo expensive.
I was actually just about to ask the thread about these things. I'd love to run one (and only one), but they're like 300+ points when you start tossing phosphex launchers and poo poo on them. I love that they can be run as a loving dreadnought talon even if I will never ever do that. 900+ points in one unit sounds like a great idea. I'm really just curious which weapons to take though I'd plan on magnetizing the options anyways since Forge World has a habit of adding new ones. Deredeos also look interesting.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Those rotor cannons look fantastic, but hahaha rotor cannons. I think the underslung missile launcher and lascannon look kind of off, but the missile launcher would probably be cool in a destroyer squad. If they didn't already come with their own launcher variant already.

On that note, I hope destroyers get a points drop in the new red book. I want to take a squad or two because their wargear looks really fun. Just not at 400+ for a ten-man squad with jump packs, rad missiles, and phosphex.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I will give the Blood Angels credit for somehow making dreadnought assault fist-cannons, but I don't see that rule surviving even one revision. It might take a while though. :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh, sweet, so it is happening relatively soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can someone please explain to me why you'd want to take an Achilles Alpha over a regular Achilles? The twin-linked multi-meltas get switched out for twin-linked volkite culverins and it can re-roll dangerous terrain all for 25 points more. Those are the only changes as far as I can tell. The quad mortar is already so good at blowing up infantry that I'm not really sure the volkites are needed and with Machine Spirit the meltas can target something else. Or, assuming the standard pattern also has shatter rounds, you could just blow the gently caress out of a tank or two. Maybe it's because I am wrongfully assuming marines vs. marines, but I think the standard Achilles might be better.