Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Oh there we go then, it's a very early one. Good to know they got fixed because I want more, it's such a cool unit.

Late to 30Kchat but I've put two Sicarans together in the last year, and they were the new sculpts. The main hull goes together super easy now, barring serious warpage - the side hull plate and treads are just one single giant block of resin. You just glue together the four bits that make up the main hull, glue the side banks on either side, slap in the engine exhausts and heavy bolter/hatch bits and it's done. My only complaint is that the mold channels for the side banks are placed smack dab on the junctions between some of the tread shoes so you have to get creative about carving in some lost detail or cover it up with battle damage. It's not even on the underside of the tank, it's right on the back so it's visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
On the other hand, I've had people tell me that geedubs is going to be an idiot and make it into a limited edition item. No loving way they'll do that when Forge is selling bundles with three of the drat things in it.

I think I'm going to order in one and a five-bunch of resin Catahpractii bodies - I'll use one set to fill up my existing five-man heavy flamer squad and use the leftover plastic claws for a five-man clawnator squad.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I just took a look at the geedubs site. Went JESUS gently caress 315 DOLLARS WHAT. Then realized it was locked onto Australia.

I'm equal parts relieved, terrified and sympathetic to you aushams now.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
How viable is a force of 'a poo poo-ton of Dreadnoughts' in 30K? I got a whole bunch of stuff from a friend earlier and I've been steadily painting them Death Guard. Adding the Calth box would pretty much let me field something like 2500-3000 points of Legion forces, especially as I was going to order in some of those badass Deathshroud.

What I'll end up with:

Praetor w/ Cataphractii Armor (still haven't decided the loadout)
Centurion (Chaplain, likely)

10 Cataphractii Terminators (2 flamers, 2 chainfists, sergeant with a power maul, 7 fists) - 400-ish points
10 Deathshroud Terminators - 410 points
5 Cataphractii Terminators (Lightning Claws) - 250 points, (holy gently caress a whole squad of 10 is going to be almost 500)

3 Dreadnoughts - TL-Lascannon and Missile Launcher or Power Fist with Heavy Flamer - 165/160 points apop, 495 / 480 for the lot
2 Dreadnoughts - Plasma Cannon and Power Fist w/ Heavy Flamer - 145p apop, 390 for the lot
Mortis-Contemptor Dreadnought (Chuck) - 2x Kheres Assault Cannon, Havoc Launcher - 195 points
Contemptor Dreadnought (Charlie) - Power Fist, Chainfist, 2x Meltagun - 215 points
Deredeo Dreadnought (Eddie) - Anvilus Autocannons, Aiolos Missile Launcher - 220 points

Legion Tactical Squad (20 men) - 250 points
Legion Breacher Squad (10 men) - 225 points

Legion Predator (Plasma Destoyer) - 110 points
Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - 135 points
Legion Fire Raptor Gunship - 200 Points

Typhon Heavy Siege Tank - 350 points

Plus a whole bunch for upgrades, sponsons, etc etc.

I have a friend who's increasingly burnt out on the Finnish 40K tournament scene (Eldar, Eldar, Tau,Tau, Tau). We're all getting Calth boxes and I think this'll make for a good chance to jump into 30K. I just have to resist the urge to order in a whole poo poo-ton of resin in one go - though I think I really need to get the terminators a Spartan for transport. I'm also likely going to get a couple of Legion apothecaries for the troop squads.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Mildly offtopic, but I've had a longrunning project to make myself a modular Zone Mortalis table, and I have ben toying around with a special mision/gamemode inspired by Space Crusade - I originally intended it fof 40K but I don't see why it wouldn't work for 30K. For now I'm calling it Double Blind.

I'm still nailing down the details, but here's the gist of it;

-Densely packed, smallish table (4'x4') representing claustrophobic chambers and corridors. Lines of sight are generally short, favoring close-range shooting and melee. Many rooms have terrain (barrels, stacks of crates, weird machinery etc etc) that further function as area terrain for cover saves and/ or difficult/dangerous terrain or other effects.

-Relatively small armies- 500-750-1000 points, I think. The density and geography of the table make big armies unwieldy as gently caress.

-As in standard Zone Mortalis, only models that can actually fit in those corridors - roughly dreadnought-size (60mm base) and smaller. Most walls in ZM ar two inches thick and thus break unit coherency.

-Vehicles are allowed, but models are not alowed to pass through sections where the base of the model or the hull of the vehicle cannot fit through (most Zone Mortalis corridors and doorways are two to four inches wide).

-No skimmers, fast skimmers, bikes, jetbikes or fliers.

-Jump/jetpack infantry/MCs are allowed, but they cannot jump over corridor walls (unless they can somehow phase through solid walls - the ceiling is in the way) and likely get to make a dangerous terrain test everytime they jump.

-Deep Striking via airdropping/jump pack is not allowed (drop pods, mycetic spores, etc) but models that DS via teleportation, tunneling through the ground and similar are allowed to do so (daemons, terminators, raveners, canoptek wraiths hooo)

-Barrage weapons are allowed, as long as the model it is attached to follows the above guidelines, but may only fire indirectly.

-Every unit in your army list is assigned a number, symbol or other signifier. Independent characters attached to a unit temporarily adopt the unit's identifier.

-Each player receives a 'blip token' for each unit they have. These tokens are two-sided - one side is blank, the other (the face) has a squad identifier on it. The blank sides should all be identical, and distinct from your opponent's. In addition, each player receives 1d3 'ghost blips', blip tokens that have no squad identifier but are otherwise identical to 'real' blips. (Spare bases painted up with symbols on their undersides should be alright, as long as they're all the same size and shape).

-Instead of deploying your models, you instead deploy your blip tokens, with infiltration, scout moves and the like taken into account. Tokens are deployed face down, and you may check your own tokens whenever you want (though you should take care to place the token exactly where it was when you put it back). Don't let your opponents see your token faces, obviously.

-Blip tokens move like stock infantry (6 inch move, 1d6 run) and hold objectives, regardless of type. A blip is unaffected by any special rules that would affect its movement speed (such as Fleet, Dunestrider or Slow and Purposeful) with the exception of Immobilized - blips representing units that are immobile for whatever reason may not move once deployed. Blip tokens may not move through walls unless their unit has a special rule and/or wargear that lets them pass through solid walls.

If an independent character leaves a unit, the character's blip is placed next to the unit's blip before either moves. A character who joins a unit has their blip removed from the table (a tac squad with a captain and a chaplain attached uses only the tac squad's blip until one or both characters leave the unit).

-Blip tokens cannot fire shooting weapons or use psychic powers possessed by the unit it represents.

-Blip tokens are only revealed when discovered.

A blip token is discovered when it gains line of sight to your opponent's models or blip tokens (for line of sight purposes, assume the tokens are an inch tall).

Flip both blip tokens face-up.

Any blank blips are immediately removed - nothing there but a sensor ghost! Ghost blips do not reveal real units, and any face-up blips remaining are flipped back face-down.

If both blips were 'real', the units represented by the blips both roll 1d6 and add their highest Initiative score.

The unit with the lower roll is revealed first. Place any one model from the unit within 3" of the blip token (NOT on the other siee of a wall!). Remove the blip token, then place the rest of the unit in coherency, with no model further than 6" from the initial model or closer than 1" to models from other units, friendly or hostile. Any models that cannot be placed (no room on the board in range) are lost as casualties.

The unit with the higher roll is revealed second, exactly as above save that the initial model may be placed anywhere within 6" of the blip token (and still not on the other side of a wall). This represents the faster, better-prepared (or luckier) unit getting those crucial few seconds more to attack a surprised foe or settle into defensive positions.

In the event of a drawn roll, the player whose turn it is reveals his unit last. Fortune favours the bold!

If one of the units involved was already revealed, the units roll as above. If the unit to be revealed wins, they position their initial model anywhere within 6" of the blip token. If they lose, they position it within 3". The unit is revealed otherwise exactly as above.

If more than two units are revealed at the same time, all units involved roll as above. Units are revealed in order of lowest roll to highest as above, with the highest-rolling unit placing its initial model within 6" of its blip token and the rest within 3" of their respective blip tokens.

A unit revealed while it is moving finishes its movement, once revealed, and may not move further that movement phase. It may run in the following shooting phase, if normally allowed to, and is treated as having moved for the purposes of firing heavy weapons.

Once revealed, a unit stays revealed for the rest of the game until destroyed, and must follow all the usual rules affecting its movement.

Chances are this is completely broken in one way or another but I think it might make for interesting for-shiggles games.
Additions I have been thinking of involve certain rules/wargear interacting with blips (auspex scanning to reveal units early, acute senses and the like allowing you to roll for reveal twice and pick the highest) and gear like melta bombs and chainfists letting you koolaid yourself through walls.

TL;DR: Space Crusade-esque radar blip shenanigans and close quarters combat in densely packed corridors!

Edit: phoneposting typos

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 15, 2015

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I just cracked open my Caltb box earlier and it's exactly that easy - I traded bits with my fried and he made a Kheres mortis-contemptor while I went with two fists. You saw the arm carefully in two under the shoulder and join them together so you end up with a right fist and left cannon.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I have a friend who's absolutely paralysed about the chances to meltdown on plasma weapons and vengeance rounds. Poor dude keeps on complaining how Marines have no easy access to AP2 weapons, I point out plasma and he goes out butbutbut gets hooooot!

I figure a regular Marine has a one-in-eighteen chance to die of a meltdown on a plasma shot and a terminator 1/36, it's good enough of me. The vast majority of time you'll just miss, anyhow.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I sort of like the fact that the plasma gun meltdown is tied into the critical effect - basically if you crit, you get to roll a poo poo-ton of extra damage dice, but if too many of those extra dice are hits the gun cooks off and kills you. Sort of balms the loss when both the shooter AND the target typically end up a smoldering crater.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I think unless a model specifically says it can never score or deny (like things with the Swarm special rule) it's a denial unit, while a unit must be a Troop in order to score in the first place.

That said, in 30K it's made a bit easier by things like Legion Terminators (and pretty much all legion-specific terminator units that go in the Elite slot) having a special rule that makes them scoring as long as you're in a mission where Troops can score.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Crossposting from the 40K and miniatures painting threads, a mixture of my Death Guard and Mechanicus/Mechanicum:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Those DG are too... neat? I never pictured DG being this pretty before.

Obviously they're loyalists! I picture them taking one look at their infected brethren and developing a downright OCD level hardon for cleanliness.

Also, pictures at that scale don't show it well, but all the boots and treads are caked with orange rust dust. I was trying for the 'they used to be near-pure whute but have been rolling around in dust for a while' look. I suppose I just like neat bright clean colors.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
It's nerds all the way down!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Holy poo poo, those Dark Furies. I've been looking for those 'talon' type lightning claws everywhere. Meanwhile I have one friend who wants the marine bodies for a project of his and another who's drooling at the sight of those jump packs. I think we're going to order a couple of packs and split 'em up.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
What if Indomitus terminators had built-in deep strike, like 40K terminators do?

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

1 to 1 no.

But all the Skitarii models have good analogues in 30k that can be used for proxy, so go for it!
In particular I think the GW Rangers >>>>> FW Tech-Thralls, both in looks and costs. The whole range is really compatible, except for the walkers and priests.

AL Pyroclasts are cool, but for anyone considering it do keep in mind that they get hit by a small effectiveness nerf since they lose the benefits of the Salamander legion. If I remember that makes their flamers go down to S3.

Pyroclast flamers are S5AP5 with the +1 S Salamanders buff, so Alpha Legion-yoinked pyroclasts have S4AP5 flamers.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Not strictly 30K related yet but will be in the future -

For the past few years I've mostly played warhams and such in a literal basement room rented by a friend. The space has been fairly small but it was enough for us at first - but then our unoffical little gaming club grew over the years. A single gaming table and a little hobby corner in a dinky basement room just wasn't enough to fit us all - it's not fun when we have to prioritize around 'we can't really fit more than three people in this room'.

So we ended up upgrading. Our new space is an old meeting room in the decommissioned city garrison - a very secure, low-rent area with plenty of space for our purposes. Last night, we started moving our poo poo and got a lot further than I expected. We still need some more seats and tabletops but we're mostly done with the furnishing by now!

This is the view from the door. The room is 6 meters wide and a bit over 8 meters long, so we have about 50 square meters (can't be arsed to figure that out in Imperial). Three gaming tables on the right, hobby spaces on the left.

Left of the doorway we have our hobby station - this section of the room is going to be entirely devoted to assembling and painting minis and other hobbyist stuff. We're aiming to fit two, maybe three people in here at once.

Using the shelves to partition off the space, the back left corner of the room is our chillout space. We need to fit a couple of more seats and an actual TV stand in here, but this space is going to hold an old TV and a bunch of old gaming consoles, maybe a laptop to run emulators on, along with a microwave. I love the fact that this quarter of the room alone is about as much space as our previous digs had. (The table is purposefully just big enough to play X-Wing or most boardgames on)

The first and biggest of our gaming tables, mostly intended for Mordheim and Fantasy Battles but absolutely nothing does (or has) keep us from playing 40/30K on it, too. We're aiming to set up another 'urban warfare' table, and once we have the hobby line running, we'll start working on a bunch of knockoff Zone Mortalis tiles for the last table.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 18, 2016

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

This owns! What country are you in? I can only hope our group turns a basement into a proper dungeon such as this.

We're Finnish! I'm very glad with what we've got so far - we need to find a couple of big MDF plates for the last two gaming tables and maybe a couple of more seats but we've got pretty much everything where we want it, now. I'll grab some more pictures when I'm there next.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention - the room is sound insulated. Zero echoes and I'm pretty sure we can have almost as much noise as we want without bothering anyone. There's a dog training club next door and we haven't heard a peep so far.

Edit: The garrison is also technically decommissioned but the area is still pretty drat secure, too, so we can feel safe about leaving our poo poo there. I have a full company of Death Guard who probably will be living almost 24/7 there now.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Resounding cries of 'BULLSHIT!' when I maul another three, four units with a single ram of my Typhon, more like..

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Deptfordx posted:

So with the new Faq, anyone can take Tartarus armour now correct? It's just an additional option to switch to along with Cat' for a vanilla Legion Terminator squad.

Anyone not specificaly noted to wear a certain pattern of terminator armor on their codex entry - Iron hands Gorgon Terminators, example, wear their own unit-specific mark of armor so they're not allowed to trade it out. Vanilla legion terminators, Praetors and the like can pick freely.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Hencoe posted:

Because of its other name, "Unused"

I have no idea, that would be crowded as poo poo. buddy of mine pointed out that it looked too big for that deployment type so I measured it.

Remember that deployment zones are measured outwards from the table's center line - you end up with a 24" no-man's land along the center line and the rest is deployument zone. With 4K points you very likely have a table that's quite a bit bigger than the standard 4x6 and thus a bigger deployment zone.

That being said, it would make it hilarious if some WAAC idiot tried to cram an Ordinatus into a low-point game and someone pointed out it's literally too big to fit..

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Ooof, why must my OCD be so strong and FW so expensive. I want to buy ten MKV assault marines, ten MKIII tacticals and a breacher upgrade kit to make some veterans and they're something like 150 pounds for twenty dudes and some bits.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Speaking of the old book, is the big red LACL boopk updated already? I saw they were about to release a new version of it some months back and I've been holding off on ordering one until it dropped.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Nope.. Still unreleased. With any luck, they will update units in that.

I thought so, but had to make sure! Thanks.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Note that models aren't allowed to pass through places where the model itself (if not on a base) or the base is unable to fit through. The narrow blast doors in the official Zone Mortalis tiles are about 50mm wide. Even if you could tecnically fit something bigger in there, it likely wouldn't be too practical to actually move around. (Incidentally, this is why the classification for Terminator armor is Tactical dreadnought armor - they were intended to get as close to an actual Dreadnought power-wise as they could while remaining compact enough to be effective boarding combatants.)

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Dear 30k Euro Goons, due to a blooper from FW I now have an extra copy of the updated crusade red book... which I'm giving away for just the cost of shipping (seems to be between 15 to 25 euros depending on the destination, what the gently caress Spain).

To get in, please tell me a funny little tidbit about one of your 30k experiences. For reference, I consider the Bulbasaur/Hixon/Panascope saga to be hilarious. I'll then pick one person to get it!

I'm not sure there's even one person interested in the first place though :v:

Crusade army list or legions book? I thought the former wasn't out yet.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
So I've been collecting Death Guard for a while now and finally decided I'd actually try running a 30K list. This is built ust with the red Legionas Astartes books so I don't have the newest errata handy. It's alos built based on what models I already have painted.

Fear The Reaper - Legiones Astartes Crusade Army List - 1999p

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion
Legiones Astartes (Death Guard)

HQ 1 - Praetor Malchuriel - 182p
Legion Praetor with Cataphractii Terminator Armor, Combi-Melta, Chainfist, Grenade Harness, Digital Lasers

HQ 2 - the Oathsworn - 235p
5 Deathshroud Terminators with Melta Bombs

TRP 1 - the Cleansing - 407p
10 Cataphractii Terminators with 2 Heavy Flamers, 2 Chainfists, 7 Power Fists, a Power Maul, a Combi-Plasma

TRP 2 - the Hand of Death - 260p
5 Cataphractii Terminators with 10x Dual Lightning Claws, Grenade Harness

EL 1 - Ancient Charon - 180p
Contemptor-Mortis with Dual Kheres Assault Cannon

HS 1 - the Unbowed Son - 200p
Sicaran Battle Tank with Dozer Blade, Armored Ceramite, Lascannon Sponsons

HS 2 - the Reaping Hunter - 230p
Fire Raptor Gunship with Reaper Batteries, Hellstrike Missiles

HS 3 - the Silence Inevitable - 305p
Land Raider Phobos with Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Multi-Melta, Frag Assault Launchers

Sometimes the only solution to a problem is a complete and utter lack of anything resembling subtlety, and the Death Guard never did subtle. Everything except the Fire Raptor starts on the table, and forms this slow-moving spearhead of 'gently caress you, renegade' - six inches of a move and firing for full effect. Everything on a 40mm base scores, so I'll likely try and place my objectives midfield and just take over the center of the board. I'm a little iffy on the clawnators but it can't be helped, for now - I'l later likely replace them with shootier terminators with plasma blasters or reaper autocannons, I just don't have the models yet. I love how the Heresy-era cataphractii lightning claws look, but they're so expensive at 30p per man and another 15 for the dual claws.

On the note of point costs, how is the situation with the two Legion big red books? I'm currently using an old PDF as I've been waiting for those revised Legion books to come out.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

panascope posted:

The Isstvan Campaign Legions book has been replaced with the Age of Darkness Legions book. The Crusade Army List book is due for a refresh later this year and should include, among other things, re-balanced points costs for Assault Marines.

Thank you. It would figure that of course our game group includes two Dark Angels players and one dude who collects Blood Angels and Space Wolves but we'll worry about that later. I'll put the AoD book on order while waiting for the new CAL book :)

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 19, 2016

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Did, now nobody plays Iron Warriors anymore :(

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

DeadGame that guy owns. Really glad to have a World Eater in our extended group.

I think we have a grand total of 2 loyalist players in the Washington area. Everyone else plays the cool legions.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Wierd. In denmark we have more loyalist players. Everyone wants to be the good guys.

On another note, what do you guys prefer when it comes to point sizes in strike forces? Im thinking 350+200 point leaders, min 2.

Im also thinking of doibg away with the cortex controller rule for our mech players. Thoughts?

Meanwhile in jolly cold FInland, I play loyalist Death Guard, one of my friends wants to play loyalist Emperor's Children, another plays Iron Hands, a third Blood Angles and Space Wolves, and this one Ultramarines player who is rarely around wants to start loyalist Iron Warriors for 30K. Guess we'll rope in Ork and Eldar players to reenact the Great Crusade with.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I, uh, may or may not have just ordered in a Land Raider MKIIB and a Spartan. I suppose that solves my transport issue...

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
It's been a while since I've posted poo poo I've painted, but..

I had a lot of fun with this kit (even if I about quadrupled the price of the basic Land Raider). Forge World MKIIB 'Raider with the Reinforced Armour upgrade, aftermarket treads from Blood and SKulls Industries, and the FW Legion Pintle Mount weapon set plus a couple of MKIII bits for the gunner. And Death Guard Legion rhino side doors, and a pair of assault launchers..

The Vae Tyrannis - The Woe of Tyrants.

Quandoquem solum solutio problematies ad speciem campoletam subtilitatens penitus indigemus nisi hospitio

Sometimes, the only solution to a problem is a complete and utter lack of anything resembling subtlety

Endurance

Vengeance

Inevitable
Woe of Tyrants

Detail shot of the gunner.

I'm aware the highlighting could be cleaner but I've long since stabilized on a one-meter standard (ie, it looks good from about a meter out) rather than going for the Golden Daemon. Had a lot of fun fitting everything together and I quite like the end result.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Hixson posted:

Looks good man. Free handing text aint easy, you pulled it off well.

EVERYONE POST YOUR MANS
Here's my spec mehrines in various stages of completion:

Oh, wow. Now I kinda wish I'd done Thousand Sons.

Also, thank you! It helps to not use an actual brush - I have a bunch of fine (0.1-0.7mm) black markers I can use for text. Much easier to control than a brush for text, I find. Just have to lacquer the mini or it'll rub off/smear if you accidentally grab it.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Awesom salamanders! One of my favorite Legions. I kinda love that 1850p in 30K can come to so few minis and be perfectly viable, too.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
That's an Armored Proteus, it only has double and not quad lascannons!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Really tempted to get myself a missile/autocannon deredeo, it looks just so beautifully conveniently flexible for support!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

TTerrible posted:

They're absolutely brutal.

I was toying around with the idea of getting one when I did my Forge World order but ultimately decided I needed transports more, currently. Soon, though!

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I assume it's like shooting with artillery - you know the target is in the general area and can still lob poo poo downrange.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Pretty much everything that isn't AV13+ or with a 2+ save, yeah.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I love 40K as a for-shits-and-giggles game but poo poo like this reminds me why 'competitive 40K' is about as fun as rubbing your junk on a cheese grater.

Our new game club 'mancave' went from a basement storage room to the second floor. This is relevant because we intend to chuck the first Eldar netlist we see out the window and into the parking lot. gently caress the knife-eared little snowflakes.

For actual content, I've been colleting 30K Death Guard for a while but haven't actually played them with 30K rules - until now. Planning on doing a 1850p game on Thursday and this is what I had in mind:

Death Guard Legiones Astartes - Loyalist - Pride of the Legion - 1850p:

HQ - Senior Captain Ulysses - Praetor - Terminator Armor, Thunder Hammer, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers. 180 p

TRP - Oathsworn - Deathshroud Terminators x10. 410 p

TRP - Torchbearers - Legion Terminators x5 - 3x Power Fist, Chainfist, Power Maul, Heavy Flamer (Chem Munitions). 210 p

EL - Ancient Charon - Contemptor-Mortis - 2x Kheres Assault Cannon, Havoc Launcher. 195 p

HS - Filius Reperiaris - Sicaran Battle Tank - Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Lascannon Sponsons. 200 p

HS - Vae Tyrannis - Land Raider Phobos - Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Multi Melta, Frag Assault Launchers. 305 p

HS - Invictus Lex - Spartan Assault Tank - Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Multi Melta, Frag Assault Launchers. 350 p

Massive double deathstar, I know. I'm still working on the Spartan and I'm seriously considering swapping out the hull casemate with the heavy bolters for a pair of heavy flamers, they're cool and fluffy for Death Guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I'm going with the new Age of Darkness Legions book which says Deathshroud are a HQ/Elites choice.

Edit: I -could- drop five-ish Deathshroud and take something like a tac blob or a punchy contemptor to back up the Mortis, yes.. Option B, drop the regular terminators and go with 2x5 Deathshroud.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 29, 2016