Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
The organisers of the 40k grand tournament in London are considering a 30k side event. I assume hams here would be down for some balls deep hard for heresy action in May if this was the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Ghost Hand posted:

Pretty easy... Following the instructions from Forge Worlds "The Horus Heresy Model Masterclass: Volume One", I was able to replicate this really nice effect on my Glaives main weapon.
Once again the Minitaire Ghost Tint colors work really nicely for this kind of effect.

Here are the tint colors in the order I applied them from left to right through an airbrush.

Oh bugger off, Carl. Now I'm going to have to get these for all my heat effects.

If I'm doing something small like a flamer would these work with brushes?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Artificer is a game changer. I managed to lay down 8 flamers on a squad once, 32 wounds. 13 of them tanked by one guys armour!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Cassian dracos reborn. Im hard.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

WHITE SCARS RULES.

Also confirmed there is a RoW for dreads as troops.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

new dracos, cortus pattern please

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Blade of perdition is an excellent character killer if youre wounding base on 3s...

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

LOL.

LOL.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Sallies RoW would be great also mango!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Cheers mango. Probably wont run that RoW as it isn't my vibe but they all seem p good tbh

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Dreadnought row has some harsh penalties. You need both a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae minimum, cannot take other HQs outside of more Forge Lords or Praevians, and finally you may never go first.

Would be odd if you couldnt use dracos. Might be something I email fw about.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Xiaphas Jurr rules?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Quite a sexy character. Might look into running a sallies post-istvaan army.

Currently painting 10 flamer support Marines while refreshing feeds.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

quote:

Just got out of the shopping line at the weekender and went straight to the new Death Guard stuff in Book VI & the new red book.
Sons of Barbarus was changed: we now have a 4+ FNP roll against all Poison & Fleshbane.
so, Sweep Attack and Unwieldy did get exchanged for Reaping Blow: fight at -1 Initiative in assault and gain +1 attack if in base contact with more than one enemy model at their own Init step. YES.
And what's that?? Yes, Silence has Reaping Blow as well. No change to Poison 4+ missiles but it now combines with the new RoW, so that's ok.
Oh hey and did you know? GRAVE WARDEN CAN OVERWATCH WITH THE DEATH CLOUD DESPITE CATAPHRACTII. Yaasssssss this is good
The RoW is Creeping Death:
Infantry in the detachment gain 5+ cover saves in the open as long as they're 12" away from an enemy model.
You get a pregame biochem bombardment that wrecks terrain by making the cover save worse & making it difficult terrain.
All frag and missiles in the detachment increased to S5...
Drawbacks: Traitor only RoW, no Shattered Legions either, must have a Siege Breaker, must always be Attacker, no Fortifications.
Virtually no disadvantages a good amount of the time for us other than a Siege Breaker. So. That's cool.
I think that's it! I'll reread it later but I'm going to go head to a seminar now.

quote:

Armoured Breakthrough: tank company with basic preds as troops
Primarchs Chosen: HQ primarch, no LoWs allowed
Brethren of Iron: Castallax as non-comp troops, Vorax as FA and Domitar as Elites
Fury of the Ancients: Dreadnought troops
Outcast Sons: traitor loyalists
Skyhunter Phalanx: jet bike troops
Orphans of Betrayal: loyalist traitors
Drop Assault Vanguard: first turn deep strike assault marines.
Recon Company: Recon as comp troops
Zone Mortalis Assault Force: termies as non-comp troops and one squad gets deep strike, bonus to breachers
Sacrificial Offering: expendable militia/warp cult.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Also to break things up have some WiP salamanders who I'm going to arm with 10 flamers and have roll around in a heavy flamer rhino. Optimum? No. Dope? Yes.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Just finished writing up a 30k campaign for my London based gaming buddies. Now I'm going to finish off these flamer dudes - it's been a good weekend for Heresy.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Some more shots of these converted BaC dudes - now I need to gather the requisite 10 flamers (7 to go...) before painting those and basing them on lava bases.

Next is to work on Rhinos... need to get 3 of them.

I'm torn between modern design with cool FW doors and upgrade kits, or Deimos pattern. Deimos is just so loving expensive...

Edit: Christ after seeing high def big pictures I'm going to rewash those black shoulder pads! Still a WiP.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

That wargear is actually quite savage. I think DA will be made or broken as a Legion by their RoW and unique units really.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Am I correct in reading veterans in this way:

Salamanders have +1 str on flamers. So they become s5 base. Wounds on 3s normally.

If I gave a vet squad sniper would they then be forced to wound on 4+ but get rending?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Brilliant. I was thinking roll up in a rhino, unload 18 rending bolter shots and 2 rending templates. Would put the hurt in anything.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Melta bomb is one hail Mary attack. Power fist has versatility and multiple attacks.

Anything that you'd be forced to use a Melta bomb on (av 13+14) can be in theory harmed by a fist.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

If you're gonna go last you might as well hit them hard in the loving face and go for the ID. It's a different dynamic than 40k where EW is more common.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Hey guys, this London GT tournament is on the horizon and I wanted to get my Salamanders in ship shape for it.

Whether they end up doing a 30k segment or not, it's 1500pts. If it's 40K only then I'm going to get my dick kicked in by formations but gently caress it, going to have some fun.

quote:

SALAMANDERS LEGION RULES
Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

HQ - Legion Praetor - Digi lasers, Artificer Armour, Dragonscale Storm Shield, Iron Halo, Mantle of the Elder Drake, Mastercrafted Paragon Blade - 200pts
(He's with the Terminators)

Terminator Squad - Cataphractii - 5x Terminators with TH/Dragonscale SS, with a Mastercrafted TH on the Sergeant.
- In an Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod - 350pts

10 Legion Veterans with Meltabombs, Artificer Sergeant, Rhino w/ Dozer Blade, 2x Flamers - 295pts (OUTFLANK)
10 Legion Veterans with Meltabombs, Artificer Sergeant, Rhino w/ Dozer Blade, 2x Flamers - 295pts (SNIPER)

7 Legion Support Squad marines with flamers - 130pts

Deredeo w/ Autocannons - 185pts

Promethium Pipeline Network - 40pts

1500pts

Drop Dreadclaw down Turn 1, flame some dudes. Push up Rhino to support, Outflank other Rhino on. Deredeo shoots out armour, flamer guys stand by the pipeline on an objective hopefully torrenting poo poo at str 5. Turn 2 - assault from Dreadclaw, outflank veterans on. Pewpew.

Also I've been debating with my buddies - does Promethean Gift effect the Flame Sweep attack on the Dreadclaw to give it +1 Str? If so, d6 Str 7 rear armour hits is savage on light armour.

I might encounter a Spartan at 1500 but that'd basically be the whole enemy army.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Sadly not. Promethean Gift is very specific: Hand Flamers, Flamers and Heavy Flamers only.

So why does it work on Pyroclast Flame Projectors...?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Just played a 1500 pt game vs my night Lords buddy with pre book 6 and pre faq rules.

Absolute massacre. I'll post pics later. Sevatar killed 5 cataphracti with storm Shields and then 10 veterans basically alone... Until my Praetor Solomon Krayt stood alone and kicked his loving dick in and his 9 boyfriends. 5 attacks? 5 kills what up.

Draw in the end. Less than 10 things left alive.

Going to have to swap the cataphracti for a command squad though as I forgot about the bulky rule with drop pods. More conversions ahoy!

I love 30k. Feels so much more balanced and dramatic.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

So he's basically a primarch killer? 315 sounds quite cheap, 375 poss better. Any restrictions on taking him?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Get in boys.

Just finishing the bodies for these flamer marines, awaiting the arrival of more Heresy-era flamers to give them their weaponry.

Then I just need to get a dreadclaw, 5 command squad men, and 2 rhinos and I'm finished with my 1500 and 2000 pt forces. 2500pts will just be a Leviathan added in to represent cassian dracos.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Endman posted:

I think I've got my Ultramarines colour scheme down.

I went with the lighter blue because I think it looks a lot better than the regular dark blue you see them in all the time.

The 'nose on the armour and one of the shoulder pads being white or black would look very ultras

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

So I'm repacking my Salamanders so decided to take a picture of the force I've put together so far.

Still to do:
1 Contemptor on the painting table
1 Terminator on the painting table
3 Rhinos to buy
5 Command Squad dudes to buy
5 Heavy Flamer dudes to buy
10 Flamers to add to my weaponless support squad dudes
2 Apothecaries on the painting table
Dreadclaw to buy
Siege Dreadnought to buy

Then I'm going to branch out into Shattered Legions. This is a long term project!

Album:http://imgur.com/a/UQtub

Motto of the detachment: Flame it and Claim it!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Does anyone have any idea when the new red book is going to drop? Is it the crusade army list or the legions book?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

If you're doing armoured breakthrough and you have infantry my goddamn immersion will be ruined.

But recon teams would be kinda fluffy. Bikers?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Remember grav weapons are essentially haywire guns which leave difficult terrain in HH. A trio of cortus dreads with twin graviton is actually quite a hefty threat for a not outrageous price (~400 pts) which can deal with a large degree of threats. Initative 5 or Rage can work wonders against CC oriented targets.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I've taken this guy from my Codex marines army -

And I'm working on him... he's going to have a lava base and a large banner in his off hand, so thats why its posed that way!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Any idea when the Crusade list will update too?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Re: Leviathans, how are people running them? Shoots grav and storm cannon looks cool, but it seems they really shine in CC... Except take a while to get there. Thoughts?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I'm in an annoying situation where Im going to a tourney so really I need both books... But I dint want to buy a book soon to be invalidated. Might have to eBay troll for the Legion list so I have something to bring along with the leviathan as a PDF.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Dear 30k Euro Goons, due to a blooper from FW I now have an extra copy of the updated crusade red book... which I'm giving away for just the cost of shipping (seems to be between 15 to 25 euros depending on the destination, what the gently caress Spain).

To get in, please tell me a funny little tidbit about one of your 30k experiences. For reference, I consider the Bulbasaur/Hixon/Panascope saga to be hilarious. I'll then pick one person to get it!

I'm not sure there's even one person interested in the first place though :v:

In my first ever use of Vulkan in his spiffy Spartan with 10 Firedrakes in an apocalypse game I disembarked them on turn 1 to deal with the hated Xenos scum charging headlong at our lines.

It was pretty glorious as we had titans behind him and it was all very heroic. I was excited and placed them in a cool arrowhead formation.

The enemy used a strategic asset in our subsequent shooting phase to turn the guns of our lynch pin, the Reaver Titan, onto Vulkan and his boyfriends. 16 hits from D weapons later, Vulkan was on one wound with one Firedrake left.

15 Boyz then assaulted him next turn and killed him through some poor rolls. He killed 3 Orks.

I had to go have a sit down in a cafe next door.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I posted one, unless I'm on ignore for all goons and had no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

No worries buddy, appreciate it. My gaming group needs a copy as we don't have any of the books so far but are now getting hardcore into 30k! I'm UK based if that helps.