Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Ooh, imagine Brain boyz era orks. Actual high tech stuff. Tinboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

What are those muskets the veteran marines are holding?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

There's no thematic connection to the Thousand sons Pharoah hats at all. And do they have to be red?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Killer_Bees! posted:

You should all move to Brisbane/Australia, some mates of mine just started up a club mostly for 30k and anything else anyone wants to play on the day like xwang. We even got Tim from Eye of Horus podcast to come along. We had our first meet on the weekend, and I managed to sneak in a game in between helping all the newbies run matches and doing all the set up/meet and greets and us all drooling over heresy weekender leaks on our phones.

Where in Brisbane and what's the name of the club?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I don't understand why the adeptus mechanicus expects a round of applause every time they install macro weapons on tractors.

dark age of technology my rear end.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Congratulations on your promotion brother! now hand over your sidearms.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I went to Briscon as well and there were a LOT of 30k players. It was surprising to me given the buy in cost. Beautiful armies and a lot of people elsewhere on the floor mentioned to me that they had a 30 army on the side, but were at that time busy playing something else.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I saw those murder robots last year at Briscon, and they were amazing. It was surprising (to me) how many people were fielding fully painted 30 armies.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Oh drat Killer Bees I was the Ham playing 40k Silver skulls at the other table. There's a good number of 30k players about at that club, It's hard to see the armies on offer and not considering getting some points together.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I'm getting started in HH and it's a lot more welcoming to make a force out of a Calth boxed set and some extras, and have a good game that's fairly equal, rather than turning up to play people with two grand of resin who kick the poo poo out of me every game. Centurion is very good in that regard.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Please critique my centurion list, it only uses models from the Calth box.

Look. It seems you've ignored every point I've made. Building broken army lists would not make you welcome at most mature events, we all understand that. You seem extremely hostile to a mod of the game that works for a group of people. It is no different to anyone playing and enjoying Zone Mortalis, and yet you're not railing against them? Can you not understand that Centurion is a mod that can be played sometimes and does not somehow affect the hobby as a whole or prevent people from playing normal games at the same event or place whenever they wish, and does not prevent them buying vehicles and other things?

I don't understand why you are so belligerent about this.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Killer Bees was my purging buddy for the first game and I endorse his skill at purging.

I ran loyal Iron warriors and died due to large amounts of lead poisoning and a reactor failure on behalf of Bee's poorly shielded Dreadnought reactor. Such is life. Eventually my Praetor was beheaded by a solar Auxilia tyrant who was wearing the gross national product of his planet in equipment. Some of my warriors were also eaten by the local carnivorous plants.

xutech fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 16, 2018

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Here's a video recap of the Spindral Wastes campaign day.

See aussie hams in their natural habitat. Marvel at fully painted armies. Gasp as hams are slammed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5Sk3pBpcs

xutech fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 17, 2018

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tubby Genebulky Blackshields on bikes with robo buddies.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

You may have won in "objectives", "points" and "kills", but that does not mean you won in the traditional manner of the Iron warriors (volume of krak and bolter fire).

Also note that Killer Bees does not disclose that he had to PHOSPHEX a poor villager's crops in order to gain a slight advantage over our superior warriors.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tocUwzj4dRo

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That table would probably be cool to play Tactical Strike on. It sure would be nice to try those rules out.

Tactical strike is like killteam for 30k?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Thundercloud posted:

I'm going to start writing a Kill Team conversion for 30k. We'll see which one comes out first.

I've read some of the Mournival stuff and I think the character advancement would be kinda cool. My only suggestion would be "don't make it overly complicated". Whatever you write, a few friends and I would happily test it, because we think killteam for 30k is a good idea (I mean some kind of similar game not a photocopy) and the cooler older 30k kids here are kinda preemptively anti 40k so they wouldn't be open minded enough to try it with us.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Stop giving GW money

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Tactical strike + looks pretty good so far, I wonder if you had a look at the Mournival version? They add in build your own characters, which could be an interesting idea. I think what you have done is very good and well considered, and having played and enjoyed Kill-Team, making a 30k version of it is awesome.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

It's well worth joining the Mournival group on facebook just for pictures of the "kill teams" they have for their campaign.

xutech fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 18, 2018

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Safety Factor posted:

Are people talking poo poo about box dreads in here?????? :c00lbert:

We read through their stuff the other day. Man, their balance changes and custom units are a loving riot.

"Special Rule: Balanced"

I don't live in their area and I'm not connected to the group, but I have met and played 30k with some of those guys and they seem pretty reasonable and nice. If you have honest criticisms I think they would appreciate you sending them feedback about their units and balance - sometimes even having a large pool of testers etc can still blind you to things an outsider can spot.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

How is tactical strike plus going? is anyone playing in a campaign using those rules? I'm intrigued by a small unit/gang style game of 30k and not sure I want the hassle of chasing the mournival rules or building some sort of inquisimunda framework.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I love the colour scheme, very reminiscent of Egyptian gold and lapis lazuli.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Imperial fists is the answer. They literally split up into crusaders with crosses. well, lets say the whitest would be Imperial fists, Ultramarines and Emperor's children.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

what's the army list for the robo friends?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Hey are you coming to my 30k event on the 3rd of february?

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Killer_Bees! posted:

Desperately trying to get enough painted!

yasss but still come if you find you can't make the points, we'll work something out with the others

Here is some poetry I posted for the event

Three halls are hosting
All the lords of the sky
The great hosts of heaven
They devour the flesh
They drain the oceans
They steal the sons of men
Small kings of men all
Bow like the oxen
Fit only for dragging
All about them treasure
Divided for the worthy
Tofu of Hades
Tears of the Dragon
Chain and blade
Arrows from beyond
Wrapped in their spoils
They are all sleeping

Here come the Snakes
Sent to make bustle
To split brothers in anger
They cannot be divided
They cannot be trampled
They fall from the oceans
They are devious beyond measure
They blot out the sun

Here is the weeping time
Blood binds the eye

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I'm holding an event in Brisbane: Shadows over Paramar.

2500pt army ~fully painted~ and ten dollars $$$ for Pizza, prizes and purging.

https://www.facebook.com/events/269661300397254/

My goal is to fill all TWELVE slots with players to get the best experience, so if your army is below the points line, come along anyway, we’ll work something out.

OBJECTIVES
ORBITAL BOMBARDMENTS
ALPHA LEGION //redacted//
HERESY before HERESY was a THING

Brisvegas comics sunday 3rd February

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

ijyt posted:

Dope, hope you take pics.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Pictures from the event at Brisvegas comics / Brisbane / Queensland / Australia / REDACTED

King Randy surveys the Custode attack on the Thousand sons

Xana drops the hammer on World Eater dreads and a cult militia

Tim's Mechanicum defends the Provender Bunkers against the Ravenguard

Toads and Ravenguard against World eaters and Steel legion

Xana and Militia vs Mechanicum + Imperial fists

Randy's Custodes drop a void field over the rocky cliff, passing through it into the rear of the mechanized attack

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Pics are starting to leak and so far bangles look crazy - so much fancy gear

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Ghazk posted:

I’M SO loving EXCITED TO FIGHT AOS ARMIES no really I actually am

Shitlords are already combing through the new stuff for bullshit demons and stuff...as much as I like the new HQ units and fluffy stuff, I'm not looking forward to the new WAAC meta turning up to casual games days.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

also check out the mournival destroyer companies and heavy destroyers. exceedingly sexiful - there should be picks on instagram of people's heavy destroyers

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Pics from herocon 2019

We had a massive Zone mortalis table (a giant space station above the planet), 30k battles (including doubles) and Titans all fighting over Sendec.

check out the eye of horus podcast for more details and the rundown

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5193GVHdGR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

also some pics from seqsy heresy, a local once a month heresy meet up

https://www.instagram.com/p/B484L3XnmfL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B392V8mnRg-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Why does GW social media people always default to gaslighting fans? all they had to do was say "yes, so what? it's from a STANDARD TEMPLATE CONSTRUCT design template, even if some fancy primarch put it together".

Also why do they have to keep adding new alternative rules for weapons ~ why is it that this missile system can magically dump 5 missiles per squad under the template and yet, if there is only one squad it's five, but if there are four squads, each will get exactly five each. How does this work? - and if they're going to use the word "spiculum" why don't they make it similar in some sense to the other unit/s that use that teminology - like Custode spiculum launchers?

(48" bolt launcher with S5 AP4 heavy 5 rending fire twice if you stay still)

If they can't somehow reference or be similar to other spiculum weapons - maybe don't use the word?

I don't have a problem with the art design, I don't have a problem with cool new tanks with interesting weapons - I do have a problem with the way GW treats customer feedback and the way that their design teams place low weight on consistency, and often make units that - since they often don't play - have weird rules or synergies that simply don't work.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Recent hobby project nearly done - I need more characters..

The idea for my army as it stands at the moment: The third (redundant, useless, usually a priest) brother in the ruling family of a Necron dynasty has woken to find that he has, by accident, become the last survivor. He's joined by his good rocking buddy: one of the highly unpopular Sensei, who is masquerading as a Rogue trader. They have a scheme to loot old family crypts for leftover tech that they can sell to the Imperial house in return for flecks of Auramite.

Looking forward to testing next weekend. Wish me luck!

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Cool dudes make fleets for their 30k armies so when they play events they can beat the piss out of their opponents and then drop in to steal everything.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

I'm play testing a ruleset for rogue traders - it's a very sandboxy design system where you build a rogue trader and a bodyguard of Armsmen, then you build an army out of a combination of allies and special characters (ie Assassins, Eldar Exodite rangers, agents, Navigators and so on). The armsmen I've built are gene-bulked human terran war veterans wearing artificer armour and combat shields, and as a special rule they can either have a mix of weapons or buy troop weapons normally reserved for allied troops choices - in this case, I'm taking gauss-flayers. The Necron list is currently in playtest and combines several of the previous lists but is restricted to represent a Necron dynasty at the beginning of its awakening. successive HQ choices are needed to unlock the different army options like fast attack etc. based on the seniority of the available necron leaders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Some pictures from the ACT of Heresy event in Canberra

There are plenty more pictures on instagram but these are the ones I had time for

Part of the loot bag was a randomly packed pack of collector cards that included one use game buffs for the event and cards all the way from the Primarchs to popular locals.

Sailing boats and trying to stop a ghost battleship slowly approaching the local starbase.

My Necron and Rogue trade alliance - a 2000pt centurion army list

An example of the amazing level of artwork for the titanicus players

One of the data vault puzzles

The event map for the long weekend

A copy of one of the local 30k club's expanded rules and units book (The Mournival are very cool dudes)

A video a friend of mine did showing off one of the armies (more to come I bet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkpcnuhb_g

xutech fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 28, 2020