Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Betrayal at Calth is live.
The pics showing the set fully painted in both color schemes is really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what people end up doing with those.

On the other hand, the paint job on the contemptor is garish as gently caress. Kind of fitting for Word Bearers though.

And as suspected, FW has put up a ton of army deals to combine with the box. No idea if they have any savings, but since it's FW... probably!
315 Dollarydoos!?! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

It pales in comparison to the FW bundle at almost 900 pounds which consists of "we need to make a big bundle just throw together whatever you can grab that looks like a tank and call it a day - oh and a techmarine too". It's so bizarre.

It also appears to include three copies of the board game.

Well then.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I saw a couple of posters at Bolter & Chainsword mention they are picking 2-3 boxes on day 1, so that part isn't too weird all things taken into account.

Kind of funny they'll throw away all the cardboard though.

I'm not too surprised considering the kinds of people who seem to post on Bolter and Chainsword last time I check that site out.

I mean, there's being a GW fan, and then there's the B&C crew...

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hello, I would like to retract my previous statement; I originally said this game was 315 Dollarydoos; it was actually 315 Kiwi Funbux. The price in Dollarydoos is 265.

In seriousness, though, these are nice models and I actually kind of like the idea of the Horus Heresy as a game since I imagine "Differently flavored Space Marines" are easier for GW to balance than 40K is. I fear that I may give GW money if they make a main line of miniatures for 30K that's cheaper than FW.

The boardgame, though? Pass.