Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Question is 30K, pretty much only Horus heresy, or do people occasionally re-create great crusade, solar reclamation, unification war battles? For some reason I find those periods very interesting and a cool way to do some different type of battles or settings then normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JcDent posted:

There are some people doing Thunder Warrior armies, but as far as rules go, it's fandexes all the way down.

Though you could argue that you can proxy that poo poo by using Militia (their build-a-bear nature serves well all the lavishly-named, but less-than-Hrud-detailed armies of Terran warlords) and maybe some of the Chimerae Blackshields (for Thunder Warriors).

Do you have any links to those fandexes and also those militia models?

I just think it would be so cool to see some diorama setups of the Unification Wars and Solar Reclamation. I guess it’s just a neat variant on the usual enemies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want a Thunder Warrior legion now, could a battle against the Custodes. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/UpIfiqsSA8M

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Just to nip it on the bud before it hits on here- there are some pictures and notes from the box set rules going around. It is tough to decipher what might be an actual change in the rules vs completely ignoreable box set rules. Most likely the latter so don't put much into them.

Is this a video of a guy reading a warhammer community article?

Lee's stuff is actually pretty good and most of it is not death by power point. I just figured a summation might be useful.

He also does a lot of really good build projects and tutorial videos.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 10, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For previous Horus heresy players is there a reason the rule books look so huge? Is it basically because it’s a rule book, but with things that would otherwise be separate codex’s for the main 40K line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Paint in a scheme that shouldn't exist like the twat who was like I'm gonna do the Flesh Tearers in 30k

Bonus idea for maximum grog angering; use the colors of the LGBT flag.