Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I thought it had a core game tag, unless that doesnt mean its not temporary.

So there is a 2k event going on soon that is letting in 30k, its a fun event for charity and im thinking of bringing my Iron Warriors.

1985/2000 Onslaught FoC.

Legion Champion with Artificer Armor, refractor field, Charnabal Sabre -115

15 man legion tactical squad -200

Legion Apothecary -45

Tyrant Siege Terminators -295

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought with Aiolos missile launcher and heavy bolters-220

Iron Havoc Support squad with 5 lascannons and augury array -265

Legion Medusa -155

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship -200

The Primarch Perturabo with Forgebreaker -490

Not sure what to do with my last 15 points, sink them into my HQ? Something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

panascope posted:

Ditch the lovely sabre and upgrayedd to a Paragon Blade.

Legion champion cannot take a paragon bleyyde for some dumb reason, just a centurion.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

No but it probably wouldn't take much to convince people it is.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Who can tell, I expected Perturabo to have more guns or various other related shooting abilities and he got a giant hammer that lets him club most everyone else 1v1.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Then blame Erebus, because he's a huge Dick and it's literally all his fault.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

The rifles from the skittarii ranger kit.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Fearless posted:

Neglect or marginalize the Iron Warriors players out there so they are as twisted and bitter as their armies.

Sure as hell feels like it.

Its working.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I need some siege-naught in my life, I don't need juice this month right?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Same, building and painting the cataphractii to make my siege tyrants for an event tomorrow.

Gunna be rad as hell.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

panascope posted:

Today I played a game of 30k where I got the other guy so mad he threw a model at the wall and shattered it into a million pieces. It was a good day :hawksin:.

Well don't stop there....

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

spacegoat posted:

So £44 to fully upgrade ten Ultramarines (£25)? :psyduck:

Which is £0.50 more expensive than buying the torsos, heads, and shoulder pads separately?

:psyboom:

11.50 x3 is 34.50 +10 is 44.50.... So you save £0.50 :v:

Completely compatible, these guys are a mix of plastic, forgeworld, and fine cast.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 17, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Play a generic legion list then, you get to pick either stubborn, or furious charge.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

buddy wants to do his with combi flamers in the darkwing, sounds solid enough using their TL-rending ability on a unit.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Replacing all wrecker in the IW entries with sunder would be awesome, but I would probably be forcibly ejected from the local playgroup, my tyrants are enough of a blight according to some sources.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Sort of, you can still only take 1 master of the legion per 1000 points. Should still probably cost something like the Iron Hands Forgefather.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Safety Factor posted:

Nah, it actually manages to be worse than that. It doesn't boost his anything unless you want to trade half of his attacks for +2 strength and instant death. He does get rampage out of the deal though. At initiative 1.

and shred! Cant forget the shred.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Plus he's a huge multiplier more than a beat stick, your entire army using his LD10, map wide combat bonuses, and his cover boosting is no small joke.

E: Nope. VVVV

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 29, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Making him one of like 3 unwieldy primarchs. Not like he already had one of the lowest A values. Even Lorgar has a pistol + weapon.

Horus doesn't count because why arnt you using the S8 ap2 shred claw.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Cythereal posted:

but you'd think the Ultramarines would have made a point of war gaming beyond some simple chatter in Know No Fear about the best way to kill orks.

Theres a short story of the ultramarines doing live wargames against themselves dressed up in various legion colors.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Even if you did fight a triaros the sides on it are weak, and with the flare shield you would want to shoot there anyways

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Mechanicum-Ordinatus-Ulator

Its finally here, and hilariously can be taken in 40k for cult mechanicus and skittarii, but wait, the skittarii FoC doesnt have a LoW slot and cant take a CAD.....

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

It actually feels like a 1.000 point lord of war unlike a certain lobster we won't name. It's rad as hell.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

TKIY posted:

Its also sporting three Volkite Culverins for soft targets.

Also I think the template crosses the table regardless of distance. The 72" one is the alternate weapon.

72" for the beam hitting absolutely everything it crosses including flyers. The volcano cannon is 180".

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

TKIY posted:

Okay sorry I had them backwards. Still it's a big-bada-boom.

Yeah, it's awesome, and taking part of my tax refund this year.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I'm gettin real sick of gal vorbak, like 5 or 6 of the local guys getting into heresy are playing word bearers, and they all (obviously) have gal vorbak, and I'm the guy trying to get the community going so I'm playing everyone.

Just ugh.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Its just a lot of the same stuff, why I'm trying to get more people into it. A lot of folks got the calth set from the local shops and are starting to get their stuff up and running. While its a nice change from up until now where it was only 4 people including myself, in this section of the state that played. Just playing against so many of them gets old. (gal vorbak are cool as hell though.) I've started deliberately bringing varied lists for them all to play against, although its hard to let go of my siege tyrants.

Helping a store in town get a 30k league going so folks have a defined goal to have stuff together and painted, book 6 is going to be a godsend since a few want to play their blood angels, dark angels, white scars and such with more than "stubborn or furious charge"

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Von Humboldt posted:

*Impotent Walrus Noises*

Translation: The blood angels player, while a cool enough dude, has a slight ego problem and likes to talk poo poo about how he doesn't lose except to player Y, and Von Humbolt, lord of the 2++ invisible brass scorpion told me to, and I quote "Rip his dick off"
Not my fault he took foot marines without even an apothecary and next to no anti armor weapons :colbert:

BULBASAUR posted:

Thank god, I thought we had the only dysfunctional ham group in the thread.

Hencoe seems like a cool dude too. Like a true Iron BroHam he hates himself and his legion, shedding a single tear of self loathing

Nope and yep.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Hail Satan.

e.

Are you looking forward to book 6's RoW that makes Gal Vorbak troops? Hail Satan indeed.

I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Even a blind man can hit a bullseye if he throws enough stones.
It's a nice surprise though.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I think our group might have been playing 30k wrong:

Only troops (and a few choice units) score. Even less have obsec and it doesn't confer to transports. Does this mean that you can't contest objectives with anything besides troops? In other words, if a tactical squad is standing around an objective and an enemy walks up, technically the objective is still secured unless this other unit was also scoring or could contest (a few rare units like Robots can contest, but not score).

ObSec isn't a thing, while the troops can score other units by it can prevent you claiming the objective until they move or get murdered.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

whoever is doing the battlescribe for mechanicum needs to step it up, still nothing from the red book in there. I like making lists at work and I havnt memorized all the points yet.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 9, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

DeadGame posted:

Predators seem like a nice value play. Very low points at 75 a pop, but can be made expensive pretty quickly with sponsons, etc. What's a good loadout for a wolf pack of triple preds?

autocannon HB is not a bad setup, 30k preds have 4 shots on their cannon so you just hurl a lot of dice at stuff.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

No flyers of your own?

Tarantula turrets with Hyperios missiles, optionally the command platform. That's in the neighborhood of 150-160 points for 3 and command? These will definitely piss off flyers.
Barring that, Icaran Thallax but that's expensive and, I think, not possible for all the mechanicum factions (Reductor, Cybernetica, Taghmata). Djinn-Sight is nice vs jinking though.
Barring THAT, twin-linked whatever and pray to the emperor that your opponent stops loving cheating flip the table and ram your thanatar down his throat until he chokes

alternatively do that:

I wish the Hyperios was more than one shot. The problem with Icarian thallax other than short range is they get moved to the heavy support slot, which if you are non cybernetica is probably packed (at least for me it is, when I can start playing ordo Reductor again the 4th slot is getting the build a tank) taking one of the AA fortifications might not be a bad idea.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 9, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

For those lightning strike fighters- the wording on the mounts is really confusing. You get two twin linked autocannon and not one because they are dual mounts. Hence why they cost so many points.

They worded the avenger the same way, but recently clarified it in the Admech red book which sets precedence as well.

I don't think so because of the wording on the missiles, for a dual hard point you get two missiles, so autocannons end up with one on each side forming one twin linked weapon. Plus the model itself, just expensive (and dumb) is all. Why can't they add lascannons then?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 9, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah its definitely up to how your group wants to interpret it. It's like what happened with Laser Destroyers 48" range and Sunder Shells for Thudd Guns. We get a new book (Admech) where a unit with the exact same wording gets updated bringing the other one into question. TLDR- FWs legendary editing team.

Lascannons aren't an option and you still only get two bombs/missiles. Makes sense as it would make it a bit OP if you got four krakens for 25 points :pcgaming:

I'm tempted to get a lightning, 4 krakens, strafing run, and tank Hunter make it 210 points, but what ever its shooting at is probably going to explode. (Lascannons was just a wish)

Also, when the hell did forgeworlds tracking start actually working?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 10, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Wait a second, so a mechanicum sub orbital strike wing can be any flyer not normally available to the list, so I could use my fire raptor as a single choice (being 4 hp instead of the 1-3 for 3 hp and less) in the slot, and then give it battle servitor control?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 10, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Yes, but it also becomes a LOW and you loose VP if it gets shot down

Only if the price of failure is a secondary objective (which is only shatter strike and dominion), and I'm not really using the slot because the only admech LoW I have is a warhound, until I pick up an ordinatus which doesnt really help the problem of "None of my friends want to play against it to begin with but its really loving cool so im getting it anyways to look pretty on my desk"

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 10, 2015

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I only see that in the price of failure, nothing in the sub orbital section. I think it will really help the lack of AA the list has overall, because im not using my reductor artillery tanks as hyperios platforms and the sentry gun versions just dont do it for me. 1 shot each at bs3, even ignoring jink its just ap3.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

the matrix does not go both ways, that is specified on that page i think. I always thought it as if the left was your primary. If that helps any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Not gunna lie, the new leviathan arm looks kinda badass.