Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mango Polo posted:

Death Guard or Iron Warriors, seeing as they were both given the armor to try out by Horus and they immediately called it trash.

We've already seen potato quality pictures of the box contents, it's Imperial Fists on the loyalist side.

I mean, if there's been enough attrition from the war and they still have suits in stock, they might use it.

I'd say it'd be odder to see Salamanders or Iron Hands, since unlike the Raven Guard they didn't get the Mk6 pre-heresy and got completely dumpstered at Istvaan, so they'd have no opportunity to resupply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So looking at what's on the Last Chance to Buy page, it seems to suggest we might also be seeing a plastic Leviathan Dread, too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AnEdgelord posted:

I really hope the models in the new box are mostly legion agnostic
Seems to be the case, if the new Praetor's anything to go by.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So I found I got an old Burning of Prospero box lying around, and i was thinking of going Salamanders. Is there any specific loadout I should be going for the Tacticals/Tartaros Terminators? Or should I just wait until the new rules come out? Mostly I'm thinking the Sergeants.

I just checked and it they actually also tested the MkVI pre-heresy, so I figure it'd be OK to fold in the new stuff.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Anyone else find the tone of the Horus Heresy articles being put out about each Legion....kinda off putting?
I get that "it's just fluff" but they seem to have almost a sing song whimsical note to them that kind of undercuts the setting of the Horus Heresy.

Maybe this is my first old man moment here but like. I don't know. Something I always loved about 30k was the more serious nature of campaigns or battles. Brother on brother apocalypse level stuff

There is one: