Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Finally got around to drafting a list. Not so sure about which Rite to use, also everything's missing extra-armour because lol-battlescribe.

+++ Iron Warriors: Vengeance of Olympia (2995pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2995pts) ++

+ HQ (175pts) +

Erasmus Golg (175pts)
··Master of the Legion [The Hammer of Olympia]

+ Troops (520pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (260pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
··Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Combi-Weapon (10pts), Power Weapon (10pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (260pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
··Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (50pts) [Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (30pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Combi-Weapon (10pts), Power Weapon (10pts)]

+ Elites (360pts) +

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (180pts) [Two Kheres Pattern Assault Cannons (25pts)]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (180pts) [3x Legion Rapier (180pts)]

+ Heavy Support (1370pts) +

Iron Havoc Support Squad (365pts) [9x Iron Havoc (225pts), 9x Missile Launcher (with Frag, Krak, & Flakk missiles) (45pts)]
··Iron Havoc Sergeant (10pts) [Augury Scanner (5pts), Missile Launcher (with Frag, Krak, & Flakk missiles) (5pts)]

Legion Artillery Tank Squadron (435pts)
··Legion Basilisk (145pts) [Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]

Tyrant Siege Terminator Squad (570pts) [4x Chainfist (20pts), 9x Tyrant Terminator (450pts)]
··Tyrant Siege Master (5pts) [Combi-weapon (5pts)]

+ Lord of War (570pts) +

Legion Falchion Super-heavy Tank Destroyer (570pts) [Armoured Ceramite (25pts), Auxiliary Drive (10pts), Heavy Bolter (15pts), Space Marine Legion Crew (15pts)]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Like them a little more now I've seen them painted, still prefer the normal Thallax head. Any indication on how many Lightning Claw/Power Fist pairs are in each set?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dittoing their performance, Vorax may need a Cortex Controller to babysit them at times but they're so much more efficient, especially after gaining the Poisoned upgrade for their Rotor Cannons.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mr.Booger posted:

does anyone know if the current razorback kit has top doors? Thinking of getting them instead of rhinos and turning the turrets into tarantulas (its only 4 bucks more)

Box comes with the full Rhino kit and a separate Razorback sprue. So yes.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
What conflicts did the Dangels get up to in the Heresy besides Caliban and showing up late for Terra?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Think it's just the render dude.

Edit: Wait nope, that's a real model. There's some stress-marks in the tracks if you look.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I wonder how many options it'll actually come with. That thing's got a buffet of weapons and wargear to choose from.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're fairly cheap points-wise, the Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon isn't half bad and you can give it carapace options.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

krushgroove posted:

Sup 30K dudes, I've uploaded a ton of pictures I took from Warhammer Fest:

Forge World area: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1122682271116836.1073741850.796633433721723&type=3
(tried sorting the photos by Knight heads, Mastodon, Warlord, Porphyrion, etc., but Facebook album organizing SUCKS so eh)

Forge World seminar: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1121692631215800.1073741848.796633433721723&type=3

Blood Bowl stuff (plus super close-ups of every model): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1121695161215547.1073741849.796633433721723&type=3&uploaded=46

If you click through the main page link there there's pictures of the exclusive stuff, prices of the Mastodon and Stormbird and other things.

Walkabout video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pWQHLf7uWI

I've got Golden Demon photos as well plus many shots of the very cool Iron Warriors/World Eaters display coming, will upload them after editing.

Good stuff. Did you get your hands on any of the new Legion branded dice? Are they decent quality?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can dig it, but I hope that head is easily replaced. Hate those little mohawks they give the helmless Terminators.

Edit: More interestingly than the model itself, could it be a harbinger of FW being stocked in stores? A naive hope maybe but one that really should have happened by now.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
loving hell that's rad.

Y'know, despite being another loving Terminator character.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh hey speaking of Legion dice.

Man the red ruins the Night Lords and World Eaters dice for me.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I dig these little comics Forge World's been posting to promote the Praetor.

They're a nice distraction from my country collectively making GBS threads itself in a frenzy of xenophobia and spite.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Do Rapiers count as Infantry or Artillery? Asking for the Coils of the Hydra restriction, I'd prefer to give them Tank Hunters and pop Super Heavies all day long than Infiltrate, considering they'll be sitting in my backline.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It's the Lion, look at all those Lion heads on his Lion armour and his Lion sword.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
If you want ranged, Alphas without a doubt. Infiltrate right in their faces and fill 'em full of Banestrike.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So the terminators from Calth come with the shoulder pads separate so you can use the chapter specific ones from FW?

Yup.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Did Black Shields have any sort of unified color scheme? I know they removed their heraldry.

Nope! Generally they either just scorched off their heraldry, painted it black or took up a whole new heraldry. Go hog wild.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Forge World's (allegedly) doing another limited edition GW store only model on the 22nd of October.

Not sure how I feel about this one compared to the Praetor.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Seriously hope that it's mostly the picture because that Marine's proportions look even doofier than usual.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Oh loving wow, look at all this garbage. Someone -really- doesn't understand how GW and FW's relationship works.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Video just went up on Facebook with some lovely close ups of the new plastics.

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/268377870223865/

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're generic, there's just some fancy transfers on them.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
That's just Imperial aesthetics, the Kataphractii from B@C had that as well.

Edit: Just noticed that the 22nd of October is mentioned in the video description. That's a lot sooner than I was expecting, probably going to have to wait to get my copies. At least I'll get to play with the store copy while I wait.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
So what weapon options have we seen on the kits so far?

I've spotted Thunder Hammers Lightning Claws, Plasma Guns, Flamers, Plasma Pistols, Heavy Bolters and Legion Vexilla on the Mk3's so far, as well as Volkite Chargers, Power Swords, Combi-Bolters and Heavy Flamers on the Tartaros. Think I saw some variation on the SoS and Custodes as well.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Another new video for Burning of Prospero, with some better closeups of the Custodes/Sisters of Silence and a Bjorn that I swear can't decide what kind of accent he has.

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/268848613510124/

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
In a bout of completely uncharacteristic indecisiveness I've been eyeing up some Sons of Horus with BoP coming out. What're the SoH like? Close-quarters shooting/assault and reserves shenanigans if I'm reading their rules correctly yes?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dittoing requests for how you did that gorgeous green shade on the breachers Sulecrist. I've been playing around with Incubi Darkness and Kabalite Green all day and can't seem to get it right, for some reason it keeps turning out like the goddamn Green Power Ranger what with the lighter shade and the black/gold.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I dug out an old school protractor for the purpose of ending pedantic nerd slapfights about firing archs on vehicles.

Immediately had someone claim my protractor was inaccurate, accused me of trying to cheat him out of an extra heavy bolter snapshot :negative:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm pretty sure the front-mounted Heavy Bolter on a Chimera can't shoot things that are literally clawing at it's side armour.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Safe option is the Bolters. £5 the sword armed Sisters will be Elites and the Flamer armed Sisters will be Fast Attack in the Talons of the Emperor list.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Mentions in the preview of the Custodes rules in this month's WD, Sisters, Custodes and a few more things (Knights Errant?) are being compiled into a list called Talons of the Emperor, to be released with Inferno.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Headhunters aren't really worth the points. There's not a lot they can do that Seekers can do for cheaper. Go for the 20 man tactical or Seekers/Veterans.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Dig the Contemptor, but they could have better served it putting it in a slightly more dynamic pose imo, Banana Tank remains awesome, Freki and Geri are Good Dogs.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Finished assembling my first BoP box and I treated myself to some FW goodies to go along with it, but now I'm stuck of where to go with my SoH.
At the moment I'm at:

Maloghurst
2 Praetors/Centurions/Consols
3 Veteran Tactical Squads
5 Reavers
Tartaros Squad
Contemptor w/Kheres

I obviously want to bulk out the Reavers and grab them a Dreadclaw as well as grab some Rhinos for the Vet squads but I'm not sure what else. More Reavers? Quad-launcher support? Sicarians? Sell a kidney and get a Mastodon?

Everything in Heresy looks fun but the points start racking up fast, list building's far harder than 40k for me.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

panascope posted:

Wait to get Reavers until they fix them. In the meantime get Justaerin, and if you hate yourself, a Dreadclaw.

Those Justaerin sure are tasty. What's the best game plan with them? The Power Axes I see them modelled with would surely waste Merciless Fighters, Lightning Claw them up or give Them Power/Chainfists for tank busting?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Supposedly it was supposed to be Bjorn, but one of the lore guys at Forge World pointed out it would be massively inconsistant with everything that's been written about Bjorn so far, and rather than retcon they invented this Geigor guy.

Still call him Bjorn.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Do we even have the 30k custodes rules yet?

The October White Dwarf had a few unit entries/wargear/abilities.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh gosh, what an adorable little chubster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

GreenMarine posted:

Operating under the command of the Archimandrite El'ayezar Yudkowskolex

GreenMarine posted:

The goal of the Archimandrite Yudkowskolex was to prevent both the Mechanicum and it's rebellious splinters from obtaining proscribed pre-Imperial technologies - in particular the secrets of Silica Animus (general artificial intelligence)

Oh I see what you did there.

Sweet robutts cyborgs dude.