Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

This is all very speculative, I don't know if I'd ever get into 30k, but how are Death Guard? Is the Calth box a good starting point for them? What's a good playstyle for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

panascope posted:

Battle for the Abyss owns because in Betrayer Aaron Dembski-Bowden has a throwaway line talking poo poo about how dumb the people involved in it were.

All I remember about that book is the Word Bearers going :smug: "We've got loads of armour on our battleship, nothing can break" - something breaks - :shepface: "gently caress"

Also, somehow the World Eater was the only sensible character in the book.

E: actually, I'm pretty sure that's the book that killed HH for me. Is anything else that's come out after it been worth reading?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

They're also going to be pointing in 18 different directions.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Hencoe posted:

What should I tell my friend who does nothing but bitch about his death guard, how they are just a massive disappointment down to their Primarch.
Other than bitch less.

Endure.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Make Black Library great again.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

This seems like a good thread to ask, are there any good books on the Death Guard? I didn't really like Flight of the Eisenstein for not giving much sense of the proper legion and just following Garro, who was an outlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

DrPop posted:

Echoing what Cessna said, unfortunately there really isn't much. Morty and his stink boys get a little screentime in Vengeful Spirit, but not much. There are a few short stories that are okay. I found the one about some Death Guard left on a planet to attack a crashed ship to be pretty entertaining, but the Guard legionaries were pretty one-dimensional in that one.

I really, really would like a longer novel depicting the DG from a Traitor perspective.

Cessna posted:

Death Guard are sadly neglected in the HH novel series.

Too bad, I like them and think they could make for some interesting stories.

Edit: They've got the same "we get all the lovely jobs" vibe as the Iron Warriors, but instead of siege warfare they get stuck in NBC hell.

Thanks for the answers, hopefully they'll get some attention eventually.