Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
That's unironically what I want from miniatures, but I'm too bad at everything to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Charles Get-Out posted:

There's pictures floating around from old books where they're clearly in the MK VI armor but they don't show depth real well so it just looks like a flat faceplate with a skull painted on.

That skull would look real silly in profile unless you were going for a horse skull or smth

JcDent
May 13, 2013

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/07/heresy-thursday-introducing-the-all-plastic-legion-tactical-squad/

No special weapons outside Sarge stuff, so who knows how easy will it be to make them into recon/vets/seekers. Maybe they'll pull a Necromunda with upgrade kits.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The Demilich posted:

Quick question, any idea if they upscaled the new plastic beakies? Think they might be a tall as at least the new 40k chaos figures?

Only speculation thus far:

https://twitter.com/sonicsledge/status/1512056657358037001?t=bs0BgkjYM4d4Q99pfBGeug&s=19

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, we really don't have much to go off of as the physical miniatures don't leak as easily as pdfs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

There are some people doing Thunder Warrior armies, but as far as rules go, it's fandexes all the way down.

Though you could argue that you can proxy that poo poo by using Militia (their build-a-bear nature serves well all the lavishly-named, but less-than-Hrud-detailed armies of Terran warlords) and maybe some of the Chimerae Blackshields (for Thunder Warriors).

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Deofuta posted:

Is 40 marines enough for most space marine lists? Would grabbing two of the new boxes be ending up with a ton of extra bodies? Or is this largely dependent on the legion?

Depends on the legion, RoW, point limit, and brainworms.

You can check the batreps on the30kchannel and Sector Wargaming for how armies look like.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Deofuta posted:

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll keep watching the updates and see if they announce that the marines can be turned into anything other than tactical marines. The plan is alpha legion, but I don't know if information about what they're doing in the new edition has been detailed or leaked.

I think the beakie kit is thus far Tacticals-only, but FW upgrade kits or even GW plastic kits could be an option.

quote:

This is an incredibly versatile kit, with plenty of options for posing and gear. This is a Legion Tactical Squad, so it’s (old-style) bolters and bayonets for everyone, though the Sergeant gets a plasma pistol and a choice of power sword, power fist, or lightning claw.

The Tactical Squad has more than weapons to play with – the kit also includes optional wargear such as a Legion vexilla (the fancy back banner you spotted in the trailer), a nuncio-vox (for keeping in touch with command), and an augury scanner (to help intercept sneakier foes), as well as packs of meltabombs, frag grenades, and krak grenades.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Do you have any links to those fandexes and also those militia models?

I just think it would be so cool to see some diorama setups of the Unification Wars and Solar Reclamation. I guess it’s just a neat variant on the usual enemies.

Naw, sorry, just stuff I've seen online.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tacs are getting the new Heart of the Legion rule, which I love very much.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Someone said the stream mentioned a future WHC article about prepping the upgrade kits for MKIII/IVs, so that's also nice.

There are also pictures of the kits in action and they look fairly sweet!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

TTerrible posted:

Also heavily implied by someone that mk2 and mk5 are incoming.

hope is the first step etc. etc., but :stwoon: if true

JcDent
May 13, 2013

BULBASAUR posted:

completely ignoreable box set rules.

You mean Plasma rending vs Breaching?

I thought the box set is coming out with the whole rulebook, which will be later available separately.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Tiny Chalupa posted:

There was also pictures floating around of space marine squads only being able to be 10 man squads but that does appear to be a starter thing, not am actual new rule

Edit: Also mediocre hobbies put out probably the best Sons of Horus video I've seen here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJUaf6uLkDY
Quick, looks good and doesn't need 100 different colours

Actually looks surprisingly well! Hope he does DG soon, non-white parts could still use steamlining/improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Remember, the game also features forces other than Marines, so putting just Marine poo poo in the RB would be convenient for us, but not make much sense.