Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm actually surprised at how good the Iron Warriors look, the paintjob is shithouse but the helmets actually look okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

My foray into 30K will just be finishing my Armorcast Warhound titan. I've decided on Legio Tempestus (Storm Lords), because they have a sweet paintjob and they are nominally both Traitor and Loyalist.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

What's wrong with the Iron Warriors

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Because I haven't played 30K/40K in a long time, and I'm only really interested in how my Titan works in 30K, how does the Destroyer weapons differ in 30K as opposed to 40K. Basically I'm confused about how the Destroyer weapons (i.e. Double-Barrelled Turbo Laser Destructor) interacts with the different unit types.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

this can't be real, who legit gets that mad playing a game

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

please post the smashed marine as evidence

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Hixson posted:

i submit this lovely broken marine as evidence:

Note the dead lovely army in the background

hahahaha what the gently caress

Stanyer89 please seek therapy

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

please don't break your expensive toys when you get angry :(

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lol @ "the nerd rage"

"When you remove the last model of a Legion Assault Squad, throw this model against the wall. This effect only occurs once per game"

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Abaddon literally has no arms

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Blood Angels are the cult troops for the Chaos God of Impotent Nerd Rage

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

World Eaters are amazing and cool

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

If only I could paint white without having an anxiety attack

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

BirdieBedtime posted:

World Eaters are super easy to paint, since you get to batter them all up. I'm halfway through this painting tutorial on some 40k stuff and already I want to paint more, it's actually kind of fun.

That actually looks p neat

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Ughhh can Garviel Loken actually take the Black Reaving rite of war? I think it's pretty weird because I thought that was a Traitor RoW for after Istvaan V.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

What book is the Rapiers and Quad Mortars in?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

what are the world eaters compensating for with such a long ramp

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lmao at Imperial Fists players getting salty about their primarch's rules, when they have some of the best units, legion rules, and characters in the game.

Contrast this with Iron Warriors, who at least can die a bunch from shooting and not run away.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Do you think that they will make models for Tyrant Siege Terminators or Havocs?

Will these theoretical models even be good?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I had to look up Fulmentarius terminators.

:negative:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The stars are really weird, and I don't think the chests actually suit Mk 2 armour, but the helmets are cool as hell. I don't think the designers really had a clear outline on what they wanted the Iron Warriors to be, and didn't really have an aesthetic for them, which has resulted in this bizarro mix between clean/futuristic chestpieces with stars and the helmets which are in the more traditional Iron Warriors style (one of the helmets is really close to the GW IW upgrade helmet, except sans horns).

I don't get the weird mix of not having morale checks for shooting casualties and having two units which are shooting only (but don't really get bonuses for accuracy), as well as having a RoW which is actually a close-range shoot/assault force, but the assault component is actually really hit and miss (and the extra HS choice is lame in an era of allies).

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

the loyalist space marine legions basically caused the horus heresy, it seems

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

After complicated analysis, the culpability of starting the Horus Heresy lies with Roboute Gulliman, Rogal Dorn, and Leman Russ, in the order.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Shazaminator posted:

What did Dorn do?

he was a massive dick

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

That is true, the Emperor was the most massive of dicks. For a guy so powerful, he sure was really loving dumb

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Safety Factor posted:

Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

Allegiance: Traitoris Perdita

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I think the Dork Angels scheme is actually a bit lazy. As if there aren't enough black armoured Loyalist space marines around.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

agreed

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Space Wolves are so Khornate it's not even funny. Right down to the hatred of psykers

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Word Bearers are the legion which created 40k

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I really like Iron Warriors because they're the legion I've always played, but Sons of Horus are also pretty neat and it's not painting metal. Decisions are hard.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

There was a guide or something to Sons of Horus dudes using a Vallejo paint and a wash, but I can't find it. I'm thinking about doing them but I want to do up a test piece first, otherwise I'm going with Iron Warriors.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

panascope posted:

I do:
1)Zenithal Prime
2)Basecoat of Vallejo German Army Uniform
3)Wash of GW Coelia Greenshade
4)Gold Trim
5)Black Wash
6)Highlight with German Army Uniform and a medium grey, GW Dawnstone or whatever

This looks pretty good to me. If you want a richer green color instead of the pale green this produces, use USMC Tank Crew from the Vallejo Panzer Aces line.

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for. If I did SoH is prefer a paler green because it looks sick as hell

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

who loving cares goddamn just do whatever you have to do

the marines will look fine with bolt pistols and chainswords gently caress

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Honesly I just make a ZM labyrinth by using books and poo poo like that. Sorry if it breaks ~your immersion~ but we aren't all made of loving money and I have a life so I can't actually afford to do it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also cardboard + blu-tack for doors

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Forge World must be redoing the Mark V armour, as you can only buy Mark V assault squads, not regular infantry.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

That's a really great ZM board

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

lol loyalists r nerdz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013