Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm looking to recreate this specific paint scheme for a potential space wolf army:

It's darker than the one Saint Duncan shows in his video. It also looks to be the official Forge World scheme for the wolves. If there are any painting guides floating out there for it that people could point me to I'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
So if I wanted to build Space Wolves for 40k (after I finish my 40k Death Guard) how much of it would carry over into 30k? I appreciate a lot of things exist in one that don't in the other but how much of the army's core is lost in the jump. I would of course be painting them in Heresy colors and mixing Space Wolf and 30k kits to make them as visually consistent as possible.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Broken Record Talk posted:

The core of the 30k army is going to be Grey Slayers; a bunch of power armoured Marines on foot with a mix of Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Chainswords, Power Weapons, and Combat Shields. Their big advantage is that they can run and charge (or shoot) in the same turn, plus take a bunch of Power Weapons, so you're likely going to want ones that haven't wasted their weapon choice on a Bolter.

Unfortunately for you, Space Wolves are one of the only 30k Marine armies that don't have a core of Tactical Marines and/or Assault Marines.

Isn't that basically the same thing as Grey Hunters? Seems like combining A Space Wolves Pack box and a Mark IV Power armor box would be able to effectively create those even before I start thinking about forge world purchases.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
One problem I have with white scars (and to a lesser extent space wolves) is that they are supposed to have their own unique aesthetic among the space marines but so many space marine models are drenched in greco-roman imagery that clashes with the "space mongol/norse" thing that they are going for. At least space wolves have their own model kits so they can somewhat avoid this.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I wonder what Night Lord beakies are supposed to look like. I don't think I've ever seen one without a skull helm or a modern Chaos Space Marine helm

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

God I prefer the new marines so much more than the old 'power squat' pose that makes them look like they're taking a dump

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I really hope the models in the new box are mostly legion agnostic

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Endman posted:

Contrast paints can look really good if you don't use them like a complete idiot

The Alpha Legion and Word Bearers methods are real standouts here

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Wont the core rulebook have to include the Legiones Astartes army list since its shared by both traitors and loyalists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Im gonna make my 30k army entirely beakies just to make all the grogs mad