Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

30k Lucius is just Sigvald the Magnificent from WHFB:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Warmaster and Mordheim arguably did better on community life support than under their tenure at GW.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

2121 Roadmap: 30k is back now it's for Inquisitor.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The new Orlock box finally has two Cyber Mastifs if anyone was looking for something to use in that one Sisters of Silence unit.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's an all-women order of psychic blanks that quashed psi threats in 30k, but drives the Emperor's Grubhub by 40k.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

DrPop posted:

It's called an Excindio Class Automata or something and is basically a chained Man of Iron, which is cool as hell.

I'm wondering if they'll finally update this big guy with a FW sculpt. I know they've been mining RT era figures for 30k ideas, and that's one potentially good fit.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Sorry to interrupt code 30 hype (it's real) but was House Taranis retconned to be blue during the heresy instead of before the Mars / Earth reunification?

The new Loyalist Legions book for AT seems to indicate that's the case. Like enough people got it wrong that it became right.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm going to need to see a bent resin measuring tool before I believe that.

The Land Raider wouldn't make sense in the context of a skirmish starter, either.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I hope they redesignate vehicle facings as colors and shades.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Warhammer Primarchs Reimagined as Humorous Cartoon Monkeys

Number 11 will blow your mind!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

ijyt posted:

Cancelling products with expensive plastic moulds and tons of money invested is the stupidest thing I have ever read and anyone who believes it is a moron.

If the molds even exist. GW has been known to be 3d printing prototypes for months now.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

ijyt posted:

Breaking of NDA and leaks is annoying for sure from a "we weren't ready to announce this, and it makes our judgement for who we send things to look bad" but it's not "throw a tantrum and cancel everything" worthy, that's a naive viewpoint to have.

You're totally right, I got hung up on whether it was physically possible to cancel 30k2 at this stage.

It would also leave a significant hole in the roadmap, and I can't imagine a universe where GW cancels a release made entirely of space marine SKUs.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

AP negating armor is like the Mohs hardness scale. If the bolt round is harder than the power armor, it'll get scratched if you rub them together.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Has anyone gotten the full leak? All I've found is a pdf with the 8 or so images.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Isn't £9.50 the pre-increase price for an upgrade sprue?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Ok sure but what if they were pictures from the same angle?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

28mm. 32mm hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

30k will be simpler at launch.

You'll only need two books instead of a rulebook, army codex, FW codex, campaign expansion, FAQ, and the current balance slate. And battlescribe list and Wahapedia printouts, but those are "optional"