Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

A repaste of our team for the 0.17 tourney:

Ramc posted:

Are you sick and tired of devs running this amazing game into the ground? Taking everything good and pure out of it? Replacing it with cheap immigrant content?

TAKE A STAND.

GOZAG-TRUMP 2016- MAKING CRAWL GREAT AGAIN

1. Ramc
2. bh
3. DocEon
4. Jazzimus Prime
5. skasion
6. Captain Monkey

The yoougest, most luxurious runes. An amazing, beautiful clan. Gold plated hammers. Platinum ankhuses.

And we are paying for it ourselves.

I have it on good authority that if we succeed that the devs will re-implement hammers, Singularity, Stalkers, Sludge Elves and Mountain Dwarves, and then will build a wall (they will pay for it) around the code so they can't be removed later.

Also Captain Monkey/friendlybee, did you add me as your captain yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

Just fixed this, let me know if it still didn't work. It takes a little to update.

You were there and now it seems you are not?

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.17/clans/ramc.html

I guess just check this periodically after to see if you show up.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

FoCK is actually pretty ok. The most dangerous 'screw you' Xom drops is turning me into an ice beast. He's done it twice, it lasts awhile and makes me a relative sitting duck. Would a potion of cancellation take me out of a form?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Amazing. Stupendous.

Look at these wins. Yooouge, beautiful 15 rune wins. Stunning runes. A Formicid Chaos Knight that worshipped Xom the entire way? Incredible.

This. This is what Crawl is all about, and could be all about again. Once GOZAG/TRUMP 2016 wins this tourney we are going to take back the game from those devs illegally removing quality content. We always win, and that is why by the time good American families are sitting down to Thanksgiving you will be able to play Lava Orc Stalkers and evaporate potions to make DIY mephitic clouds JUST LIKE THE FOUNDERS INTENDED!

"What do you say to allegations that there have been at least 80 splats by GOZAG/TRUMP 2016: MAKE CRAWL GREAT AGAIN players"

Look, splatting is just a business strategy used by many high level players to scum wins. Remember that it is just the PLAYERS who are splatting and never GOZAG/TRUMP. Besides everyone knows with the economic climate of 0.17 that these things just happen. And we're going to fix it by returning Races that had been outsourced to Japan and China, like Mountain Dwarves, Djinni and Sludge Elves.

Look, not all devs are coming here and stealing our content. We have a dev on our team who never, to my knowledge, removed or nerfed tons of useful air spells like Fly, Swiftness and Insulate. But we are going to build a wall so those bad devs can't abuse our code anymore. And they're going to pay for it. And we're going to do it without any help from SuperPacs like DrKe, bart or Sharkman1231.

GOZAG/TRUMP 2016: MAKE CRAWL GREAT AGAIN

Ramc
May 4, 2008

resistentialism posted:

Are FoCks immune to xom tele roulette?

I think they are. He never even tried it with my FoCK.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lom Lobon Law Blog would be a good team name for anyone writing these things down

Lom Lobon Lobs Law Bombs was a team name a version or two ago if I remember right.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am happy to report that GOZAG/TRUMP 2016: MAKE CRAWL GREAT AGAIN won the tournament with a ranking of #50th place. There is of course a hidden +50 ranks bonus for being rich.

I'd like to thank all of our clan players for their contribution and eagerly await the reversion of every unfun update since 0.10.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Darox posted:

There was a hilarious bug where the random plus bonuses on rings were all fixed at the same amount, picked at random between 1-120something. Which is how I got rings of +81 ev and +51 ac. Also every amulet transformed into the necklace of bloodlust for some reason.

Then an apocalypse crab breathed chaos and paralysed me for 6 turns and the immortal octopus died.
Now imagine Mnoleg doing that to you except you won't have 100+ AC at the time. Rip ev characters. Also rip casters who get berserked.

Read fog and stand in the clouds. Or make your own 'better than chaos' safety freezing/flaming/poison/mephitic clouds and stand in those. My pro strat suggestion.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Make Octopode Crushers be accompanied by packs of octobees.

octoshrikes

octoliches

cheetah7071 posted:

Octocrabs, which breath octoclouds

cheetah7071 posted:

FR: A unique named the King Crab, who is a disciple of Qazlal and wears the +0 Crab Crown {rCloud}

cheetah7071 posted:

*King Krab, Krab Krown

PF why isn't this guy a dev yet.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

GOZAG/TRUMP 2016: MAKE CRAWL GREAT AGAIN earned a commanding 50th place finish. I blame media bias against the candidates, personally.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Demigod: Blah blah Tm blah. Demigod apts are samey enough that you can try just about anything, so don't be afraid to try a something else if Tm isn't doing it for you.

I won a DgWn on the first try this tourney and can confirm that the Learndb is 100% right about the combo.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Caustic Shrikes should have their tiles changed to turkeys for the day. Make it happen, Dev.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Stoat posted:

He seems cool and fun, eagerly awaiting him getting bumped from 0.18 in favour of Caustic Ancient Liches

"Pakellas it up Igni Ipthesailures" will be my 0.18 clan name when he makes it in. You wait.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Warding amulets just got a 'boost' too so that they'd work against ranged summoned enemy attacks too, right?

It's too bad they made it a garbage amulet now. A ring of positive energy that teleports 10% of your exp away from you and gives you yellow contamination? Fuuuuuck that. This never would have happened if GOZAG/TRUMP was president dev.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

If this is some weird intermediary step toward amulet reform why not do all your amulet reform and THEN push the changes?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Because it's Crawl.

:dawkins101:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

Getting 3 Pois/7 Conj is considerably cheaper in XP than 10 Conj; 5 Pois/5 Conj is cheaper yet, and won't hurt you at all in the long run, since in the long run, the cost of getting a skill to 5 is... a couple of dragons's worth of XP, maybe. While you're still using poison, you absolutely should be training it as much as conj.

I think the problem is that you are going to get more Conj anyway to get to higher tier spells like OoD or whatever, so in the end you were going to get that Conj 10 ANYway so why do more than a little poison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gammafunk posted:

is this thing working? i paid for this crap after all.

Who is this newbie scrub casual crawl player?

• Locked thread