Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Hell sentinels are a good creature to try walking away from if you can break line of fire. Your scroll of summoning might have been enough. Running is usually better than fighting in the abyss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Wearing a tele ring in the abyss is a really good idea that I wish I'd thought of. Remove it once you see the exit/rune but yeah.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Janissary Hop posted:

When I open up my .17 RC file it's totally blank with nothing in it. I put in team details anyway and I"m not showing up. Did they screw up rc files again like some previous tournament?

This wasn't the case for me but I'd just copy-paste your trunk or 0.16 one.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Every thread or so I'm reminded that there it's a version of crawl with mouse support. The devs should implement mousing in console crawl.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Brannock posted:

I think this would be more complicated to do than you'd think considering webtiles is, as far as I know, an overlay on the ASCII version.
Nah I meant the ascii version, if vim can do mouse support so can crawl.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Somehow I have 22 AC as an XL:3 Troll on D:2 in a robe.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ynoxen can summon ufes

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's weird that the two lowest turn count wins are 15 rune.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Lom Lobon Law Blog would be a good team name for anyone writing these things down

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Ramc posted:

Lom Lobon Lobs Law Bombs was a team name a version or two ago if I remember right.
Oh that sounds familiar, maybe I was even subconsciously remembering that.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Is lantern of shadows still around because you may as well tack than on. I wonder if you can get to 1 square of LOS.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Wizard is a well-hidden melee start, imo. Most conjuror types have stuff in their toolbox for direct damage but not really for the wizard. In exchange, blink, mephitic cloud, and repel missiles are all great spells that complement a melee character well.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yes - diving until you get the 4 special ones and then searching for the demonic rune is a valid pan strategy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

So now you get Gozag and Kiku. Agony, dispel undead, borg's, ddoor are all solid, you could make it work...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 21, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

They pretty much have rLair between poison immunity and an affinity for maces(rHydra). Ogres and (especially) orc priests still hurt due to low gargoyle HP.

The defenses are ridiculous of course - I never hit 81 AC but I had one with 67 AC and 33 EV.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Rupert crossbows his father Maurice dead on the Slime rune

• Locked thread