Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm glad smythe is still ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I loving Love Pictures Of Bacteria With Pop Science Pseudotruths Pasted On Top

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hi, hotel, this is fucktard. do you take discover

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

discover seemed better but both are correct

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i buy my furnitre one at a time and take it with me to my new house, instead of having my assistant select it for me and throw it away when i move

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i engage my coworkers in discussions about which dream car is better, the Audi A4 1.8T or the BMW 318i

(ooc: this is something one of my former coworkers did at least once a week, it was just sad)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 15, 2015

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

can you seriously not get a bank account with 4 figgies? i had one when i was a 6 yer old

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

No you didn't.

Your parents did with your name on it so the checks said Your Name but it was in your parents actual accountability.

right, but like they aren't going to let a 6 year old take out a loan or overdraw the account. if the basic "you got no money or credit" account is limited to "put money in, take money out, no overdrafts, no charge and no interest" then what's the bank's concern exactly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

at the grocery store *pulls out a wallet full of 8 different credit cards* no, honey, here, use this one, the rewards are better for groceries

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i just got Salesman of the Month, so my wife is taking us to T.G.I.Friday's for night out on the town

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's a sweet makita power drill you got there bob. i've only got my old piece of poo poo home depot one but i think i might get the milwaukee set for black friday.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if my wife wants something she sees at the store and it's twenty, thirty dollars i just buy it, don't even have to think about the cost

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

THC posted:

just bought a fancy SLR pro camera, now where's the night mode on this thing

What did you do to my camera? Why's it not working? You broke it... Ugh, you took it off green square. Don't use these other ones, they don't work.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

if you or your parents wrote hot checks in your name you can't get an account ever.

a few of my hs friends had that happen. even now 20 years later they have to use check cashing places because they are in the Chex system and can't use banks at all.

that's ridiculous. i would have thought it would last on your record for like 7 years, in the manner of a bankruptcy or car accident. not your whole life. wtf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ooc: I sometimes cant help myself watching student log in to their account during advising meetings and it's kinda unfortunate how many of their passwords are (3 to 5 letters) +12345 or +qwerty

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smythe posted:

*sighs deeply when there's no gift receipt on xmas gift*

Ooc: Never return a gift for cash or credit or "something you actually wanted", you loving slime bag. The only acceptable reason is to get a different size if the giver guessed wrong

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

craisins posted:

i get mad when people take the plastic film off of the screen of a new device

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm in the middle of the country on super poo poo internet and can't skip through a 12 minute video. what's going on in it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

a couple weeks ago I made some soup and froze it. today I melted the soup and ate it.

glad to hear that thermodynamics is still working

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a collection of non-luxury consumer products that i think will be Worth Something Someday

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mishaq posted:

i had a direct deposit mixup one time 15 years ago and ever since i insist payroll pay me with a paper check

this affected me greatly because i live paycheck-to-paycheck and my family almost starved while we had to wait several business days for it to be resolved*

*someone i actually met at my old company

I am one 500 dollar surprise bill away from financial ruin*

*63 percent of Americans, supposedly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It means he's not planning on getting into an accident that day. Or possibly he is planning on it, but is waiting until it's closer to the event before putting it on.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have enough money and free time to go on vacations once in a while, but not enough to live without working on the accumulated interest

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I drive four miles out of my way and four miles back in my 16mpg SUV in order to save 3 cents per gallon

Every penny counts!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I patiently wait for the change on my 20 dollar bill when cash rings up to $19.98

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's amazing how often my astrological horoscope or dream analysis describes me perfectly!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wild EEPROM posted:

My dream car is a bmw m3

Sagebrush posted:

i engage my coworkers in discussions about which dream car is better, the Audi A4 1.8T or the BMW 318i

(ooc: this is something one of my former coworkers did at least once a week, it was just sad)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're such a dumb bastard.

shoo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

craisins posted:

the first thing I do when I enter a home or establishment is ask for the wifi password.

truly insightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Strangelet Wave posted:

ugghhh the craigslist guy paid with a check from bank of america, now i have to schlep it to the branch on other side of town to cash it. just my luck.

i live right next to a chase and a wells fargo, why couldn't it be from one of those?

ooc: i'm so rich that i don't really understand this one...this means that the person doesn't have a bank account, right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread