Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
Hey guys I'm having a party for the binding of isaac afterbirth where I set up two tvs where my dork friends and I attempt to race. We drink a lot of booze and it's sort of like a real party but with video games splashed in. I have a question tho, what is a good drink to mix that has the consistency of placenta and decent alchocol content?

feel free to post about your video game parties too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Me and some friends come together sometimes to have a few drinks and play through some old NES games we never finished as kids. They often turn out to be pretty good, notably Guardian Legend, Solomon's Key and Section Z.

Happy Fun Gamer
Oct 16, 2015

Every Monday is like a party with James & Mike.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Azraelle posted:

Me and some friends come together sometimes to have a few drinks and play through some old NES games we never finished as kids. They often turn out to be pretty good, notably Guardian Legend, Solomon's Key and Section Z.
So Section Z was actually good? I couldn't get past the second or so level as an idiot child, so I was never sure.

Solomon's Key is great though.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

So Section Z was actually good? I couldn't get past the second or so level as an idiot child, so I was never sure.

Solomon's Key is great though.

Solomon's key is great, and finally beating it feels great. Section Z has some serious 80's design flaws, but if you play it with friends, have some drinks and make someone draw a map, it's pretty fun. Playing it alone is probably not the same experience.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
Rampart is also a cool rear end party game where you get to play tetris then launch canons at your friends castles. Nothing says, "drink bitches" like having the best loving castle and theirs in ruin.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

most of my friends love to Game but video game parties just aren't a thing we do for some reason. Board games are more our nerdy gathering thing

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

most of my friends love to Game but video game parties just aren't a thing we do for some reason. Board games are more our nerdy gathering thing

hell yeah give me eclipse and people that know how to play it all day urr day

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
My buddies and I played Dark Souls all night one time. We each got a gallon of sunny d and mixed it with some orange flavored vodka and drink everytime whoever was playing drank the estus to heal and if you died you took a shot of vodka.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Play this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GsgLS7ByW0

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
put out coasters so people don't spill beer in the ps4 controllers

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Love to go to LAN parties and eat pizza

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
five player super bomber man 3

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Strong zero.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

when i was 5 my mom made a cake with super mario coming out of a pipe and she went down to the canned food market and got the sodas with yoshi on them and what i'm saying basically is that it was one of the best birthdays i've ever had.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

No Such Thing posted:

when i was 5 my mom made a cake with super mario coming out of a pipe and she went down to the canned food market and got the sodas with yoshi on them and what i'm saying basically is that it was one of the best birthdays i've ever had.
thats a good party but! ! !
too bad those sodas taste like poo poo which is why they discontinued them

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i would vote for the video game party. what is their platform?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

PC :smuggo:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

pog boyfriend posted:

backwards compatibility for all - not just the mega rich.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
me and my friends used to lug crts and xboxes across the neighborhood to this one big shed for halo 2 parties, and later for rock band parties

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Doctor Goat posted:

me and my friends used to lug crts and xboxes across the neighborhood to this one big shed for halo 2 parties, and later for rock band parties

so nobody used to lug crts and xboxes across the neighborhood to this one big shed for halo 2 parties and later for rock band parties

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

cool vidgame party games: four swords adventures, pac man vs, crystal chronicles, you don't know jack, diablo 2/titan quest, mario party, secret of mana, pocky and rocky, smash, war gods (n64), what else am i forgetting

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

iggys wrecking balls

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gauntlet, dynasty warriors, mario kart/tennis/golf

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

toejam and earl

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Contra is super fun to play with a lot of people.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

gunstar heroes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ive had good success with soul calibur 2 and 5 and mario strikers charged in the past

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Megaman tennis and also culdcept

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

sharrrk posted:

ive had good success with soul calibur 2 and 5 and mario strikers charged in the past

The random character creator (and character creation in General in multiplayer games) in soul caliber is some epic win

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oh having a bunch of people drop in and out of mario 3d world was a lot of fun the time we did that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

iggys wrecking balls

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dear OP:

Take a standard orange water cooler that you have seen at every single summer camp/after school sports program in America. Pour in a bottle of Bacardi 151, a bottle of Malibu, and a standard 6 pack of 8oz pinapple juice. Stir and serve out the tap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a fun one my friends and I did when the local GameStop was going out of business and it was Buy one PSX Game Get 4 Free and they were all reduced to 1 dollar, so we each bought 5 and had to play each of them at least a little bit and we had an extremely long game sesh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my two roommates were hockey freaks and played a shitload of NHL 2k and played full loving seasons with teams routinely. I joined them for the Stanley cup once and we played the entire playoffs and lost in game 6 of the finals and it took like 11 hours and I wanted to kill myself

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The only NHL games worth a drat were NHL Hitz

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
does anyone actually play Mario Party at parties? usually people just play Smash Bros or Mario Kart instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5HR7lACt0k&t=60s

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Game and Wario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk if there's an NFL equivalent but NHL Hitz, MLB Slugfest and Tiger Woods' PGA Smackdown are extremely my poo poo

• Locked thread