Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I think I'm gonna take the plunge tonight! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Croatoan posted:

I think I'm gonna take the plunge tonight! :woop:

Alright I bought everything but I'll mix it tomorrow.

Also god drat I spent like $40 in booze and about $15 on eggs and dairy. This better be good loving eggnog.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 8, 2015

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ok I made mine just now and it's in the fridge. Is it supposed to smell like a hobo's breath?

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 8, 2015

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I have to shake mine up every day or two (It's a week old I guess) how long will I have to do that? I notice that some nutmeg mostly sinks to the bottom.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So I finally tried my nog now that it's like 1.5 months or so old. What did I do wrong or did I do it right? I followed the recipe in the op (not AB's) to the letter. It's still really much boozier than I expected and not nearly as thick as expected. Isn't it supposed to thicken like a custard just a bit? I cut it with 1:1 half and half. I'm not really a bourbon or cognac drinker so maybe it's just me?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I bought a gallon Rubbermaid thing. Seems more my speed since it'll exist in my fridge for over a year and I have kids. Glass container would eventually end in tears and mopping.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Tenzarin posted:

Poured myself a glass of eggnog I made last year. It smells and tastes heavily of rum, I take it's safe to consume?

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Is there any reason I can't make an eggnog with Baileys and spiced rum instead of bourbon and cognac?

• Locked thread