Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

This Jacket Is Me posted:

gently caress I thought this was the France thread.

Je suis Sipilä.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Nenonen posted:

Although joining the army would be easier, and as a bonus they give you weapons training. Then you'd either go punde or "lose" your weapon in a metsäleiri.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/varusmies_kadotti_rynnakkokivaarin_ampuma-aseen_katoaminen_on_aina_vakava_asia/8449604

onko nyt jotain mitä et kerro

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

There's always some fucker who doesn't take care of his rifle. One dumbass lost his, and he didn't notice until some officer asked where's his gun. (It was later found in some old campsite they were at. Ruined by rust. Poor bastard probably had to pay for it.)

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Collecting guns lost by varusveijarit seems like a really long shot.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

punakone posted:

Collecting guns lost by varusveijarit seems like a really long shot.

For sure kidnapping some WW2 vet and interrogating them for info on asekätkö locations would be far more efficient, if it weren't for how spending time in hoivakoti has rendered them immune to torture.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
The easy way is just going to slavic parts of the EU and asking around. There's bound to be a dealer or two in every city in central/east Europe with some leftovers from Operation Gladio or the Warsaw pact.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Triple A posted:

The easy way is just going to slavic parts of the EU and asking around.

False. I've been to Helsinki several times and there were no gun merchants.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Jerry Cotton posted:

git gud

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Mongol warriors pride themselves for constructing their own bows.

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

So a couple of international journos and news sources took note of Väyrynen's Fixit plan.

I wonder if TF is going to be forced to vote FOR the Euro because if so lol.

You just got Väyrynend'!

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Oldsmobile posted:

I wonder if TF is going to be forced to vote FOR the Euro because if so lol.

Haha, I didn't think about that. I figured this would be just an innocent thing to be dismissed, but it might matter after all. Though there's no way in hell even the opposition would support such a radical move.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It will never pass parliament, no, but it'll be fun to see if Cock and Pers let PS play the internal opposition game or if they'll require them to have the rest of the government's stance on euro.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It all depends on whether Kok and Kepu think that they have more to gain from making Pers splinter completely or not. Because if they force Soini to vote for the Euro that's going to be the final nail in the coffin.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

It's a longer vs. shorter term problem. In the short term you benefit from keeping an increasingly desperate and election-shy party in the coalition because they'll do whatever you can come up with, but it doesn't go towards popping the populism balloon, and you set a bad example for future cooperation with other parties.

You could go the gays/nukes route and make abandoning the euro a matter of conscience since it's never going to pass, but that seems kind of far-fetched. Also, I've actually believed Soini when he's said that he doesn't want Finland to leave the euro, he just wants to "reform" it or whatever the hell. So it'll be another chance for the propellerhead brigade to strike a wedge into the middle of the party.

Although since we already know to wait for the Wet Fart scenario, I imagine they'll kill it in committee without forcing PS MPs to vote on it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

They have to kill it in committee, Stubukka would look absolutely awful towards his EU masters if there was an actual "debate" in parliament about leaving the euro. He has to protect his komissaarinvirka, so down the memory hole this goes.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

What's worse than a race to the bottom? Not being able to participate.

Also from YLE: Olet juntti ja Hitlerin äpärä ja parasta olisi, jos tappaisit itsesi

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
No voi vittu.

Taasko?

Mitä YLEllä on mua vastaan :(

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
Ligur is free!

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

So, guess Finland is going to war now?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Funny that law where Finland can't give military assistance. I didn't know it even existed, what will all this talk about should we join NATO or not.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
So why are we training Rapid Deployment Forces?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Buffalo squeeze posted:

'cause a bunch of skapparit want to feel like hot poo poo?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Buffalo squeeze posted:

It's peace keeping. Not a war.

Of course that was barely true. But it's a very Finnish thing to make things look like you're going by the book even if you're not.

Apparently now we're waiting to see who we're going to go to war against and with whom. And where.

I'm sure Putin and Hollande will figure this out fairly soon. So we'll know where to go. That gives us time to change the law too.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cerebral Bore posted:

'cause a bunch of skapparit want to feel like hot poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sending those idiots to somewhere that is not finland sounds like a pretty good idea to me

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexroom posted:

Funny that law where Finland can't give military assistance. I didn't know it even existed, what will all this talk about should we join NATO or not.

(Sauli) Niinistö said they started repealing it last year when they weren't able to help Sweden hunt for the submarine, yet for whatever reason they still haven't managed to. How the hell is it so difficult to get anything done in this country?

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Geriatric Pirate posted:

(Sauli) Niinistö said they started repealing it last year when they weren't able to help Sweden hunt for the submarine, yet for whatever reason they still haven't managed to. How the hell is it so difficult to get anything done in this country?

The last (maligned) government actually seems more productive now than the current one. Unless you count announcing policy and then repealing it as getting stuff done (not that you would).

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

*deploys rapidly to sotilaskoti for some munkki*

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I loved those with the pink glaze and jam, sputniks they called them.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I loved those with the pink glaze and jam, sputniks they called them.

Berliininmunkki?

Wrong country, you guys. :(

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I really don't see an issue sending a force consisting of a Hornet squadron for A2G/detachment of Special Forces to assist the Coalition in Syria. It's not like we'll be sending conscripts to come back in SINKKIARKKU or anything.

Besides, it never ceases to be funny how Finns are never prepared to help when asked, but you can be drat sure we'll be asking for a whole lot more in the case we end up in a conflict with Russia.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Postal strike starts tomorrow, but at the very least, Posti has agreed not to use SOL's temps as scabs.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Double Bill posted:

*deploys rapidly to sotilaskoti for some munkki*

How about some telamiinas?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

30 senttiä for a single munkki, how is anyone supposed to laihtua in intti

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HerraS posted:

30 senttiä for a single munkki, how is anyone supposed to laihtua in intti

30 cm should be enough for a single monk.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.facebook.com/sebastian.tynkkynen/posts/928992280518978

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Valiantman posted:

Berliininmunkki?

Wrong country, you guys. :(

Not quite, a variant of those but not the same, different taste/texture/shape. I only ever found them at Dragsvik sotilaskoti and they where much nicer than any berliner. I could almost rejoin the army for them.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 19, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Hey Finns, if having an identity is harmful and equates opposing people with other identities, having read newspapers this week much to my detriment, is the Hitler-Satan why:

What is the point of having a country at all?
Why have a flag?
Why have national history?
Why have a national anthem?
Why vote?
Why pay taxes?
If borders are meaningless then why have them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Ligur posted:

Hey Finns, if having an identity is harmful and equates opposing people with other identities, having read newspapers this week much to my detriment, is the Hitler-Satan why:

What is the point of having a country at all?
Why have a flag?
Why have national history?
Why have a national anthem?
Why vote?
Why pay taxes?
If borders are meaningless then why have them?

having a country leads to nationalism, which is problematic