Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10476524

Theranos with Finnish characteristics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

bloom posted:

I really should try and become a politician. It's pretty obvious any retard can do it so why am I trying to do actual work like some kinda idiot?

evergreen post

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Im going to push Jungnerd's head into his rear end in a top hat

you may think that it's already there but I will find a way

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Personally my plans include drinking and the favorite Independence Day past-time in Finland: watching an entire generation be traumatized in the fires of war and sorrow and then watching when their priviledged children and grandchildren who sold everything they worked so hard to build to the highest bidder play dress-up

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

In my experience people who brand themselves liberals are very deeply and honestly concerned with personal freedom, and completely unable to comprehend how the lack of basic needs being met can constrain personal freedom, because they generally come from well-off families and have never known anyone below the median in earnings.

One subtype is the succesful bootstrapper, whose blindspot is on his personal golden ticket and how it structurally cannot help any significant part of the unpriviledged.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

It's missing a looming soviet flag in the background.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

This is probably just the tip of the iceberg, made possible by our politicians and the mining law they devised, which makes Finland the Congo of the North.

quote:

Suomi menetti kaivosyhtiöiden verosuunnittelun vuoksi vähintään 49 miljoonan euron verotulot vuosina 2011–2014, kertoo Finnwatchin raportti (2016). Tuona aikana 11 kaivosyhtiötä maksoi Suomeen yritysveroa kaikkiaan 92 miljoonaa euroa – ja myi louhimiaan malmeja 3,85 miljardilla eurolla. Malmien arvosta jäi Suomeen 2,4 prosenttia suorina yritysverotuloina.

Nothing to see here, move along now citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

the proles are more compliant when they labor under the threat of immediate homelessness and starvation

now where's my think tank job?