Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

Internal border controls alone mean that in the end the border countries are the only ones left with the responsibility, and that is where this whole poo poo began from.

That's what the burden sharing mechanism was supposed to solve, but as long as the outer borders are not under control it'll never work. As proven by the fact that out of the agreed initial batch of 100 000+ only ~150 have been moved so far, because all the recipient countries are too busy worrying about their own borders to give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

*deploys rapidly to sotilaskoti for some munkki*

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

He's talking about changing laws to allow rejecting asylum from convicted criminals, which is A Good Thing. Currently crimes committed after arriving to Finland have no effect at all on the asylum decision.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Antti posted:

There's no such escape clause in the legit asylum section for crimes committed in Finland, but these two particular guys were never going to qualify for actual asylum, which is available if you are personally persecuted for your political views or sexual orientation or whatever. They're just from a shithole.

Incidentally as of last month Migri started handing out way more "actual" asylums. In the case of Somalis, 32 received asylum, 1 humanitarian protection, 0 secondary protection (and 0 non-Dublin rejected), when before they were roughly 60%/40%. And this was after their new security evaluation of Somalia, which stated that there are safe counties and you can no longer receive asylum based on area of origin alone. Whether this was just a coincidence remains to be seen.

(source, though they only release cumulative stats so to get October numbers you'll have to find last months release and deduct them from the latest)

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 24, 2015

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Referring to a statistic no one can prove as factual is pretty dumb, hth

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

You don't think it is a fact that most sexual assaults don't get reported? I thought it was pretty common knowledge, it's one of the reasons why Sweden is so weirdly high in rape statistics - they are more efficient in reporting said crimes. You can't exactly prove that less rape happens per capita in Sweden then in India but I don't think that's in question.

I'm not saying unreported rapes don't happen, just that the 10% figure was pulled out of an rear end.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Eiköhän sieltä ole tullut päällystöltä käsky että asia on loppuunkäsitelty. Poliisijohto on ollut viime kuukaudet täysin "Hitlerit bunkkerissa"-moodissa, eli sekavia ja ristiriitaisia ohjeistuksia ja lausuntoja samalla kun paskaa lentää tuulettimeen ympäri maata.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yes it's wrong that the police protected a registered and peaceful march from a unregistered group of violent hooligans. So terribly wrong, country ruined.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Also this is the only acceptable marching song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IaUXefAsCU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DanTheFryingPan posted:

It's over and everything is returning to normal. I bet (not-racist, not-Hitler, not-Nazi) Homma is happy again.

P.S. I keep forgetting how nice it is to read these with the Iltasaatana mod.

The new normal being ~100 new asylum seekers every day. Also the real flood from Russia hasn't even started yet. Next spring is going to be "interesting", unless EU collectively does something, which it won't because it's the EU.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Rexroom posted:

I'd like to see the government try to send Syrian refugees back. What are they going to do, load them on a cargo plane and drop them like bombs in Syrian airspace?

I'm pretty sure Syria is classified as a actual war zone by the entire EU, making them eligible for asylum? This is for the countries that are not at war, i.e. all the rest of them.

e: also less than 5% of the asylum seekers coming to Finland are Syrian, making this a complete non-issue

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 8, 2015

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

http://www.presidentti.fi/public/default.aspx?contentid=341374&nodeid=44810&contentlan=1&culture=fi-FI

Oh no what a terrible racist

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Hopefully the president will condemn the president's hate speech. And he didn't even mention the biggest threat to this country, a handful of bored white men walking in the streets.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

You do realize he never said it was a gang rape, nor that it was reported as one, despite the use of a plural. Making an analysis piece based on a single ambiguous tweet is really dumb, but hey it's Yle.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 2, 2016

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

So to the surprise of absolutely no-one AKT & co killed yhteiskuntasopimus. Now we'll see who runs BartertownFinland, AY or the gubmint.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Exports -10% YoY, we're so hosed

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

OhYeah posted:

I think even the most delusional "progressives" are not surprised anymore at this point.

Tutkiskelija Sinkkonen yllättyy kerta toisensa jälkeen, kuin sylivauva joka näkee asioita ensi kertaa.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Soini also chose not to take a ministership that could've impacted policy that's actually important to people, and took a ceremonial prestige seat instead.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I do like the thought of an Audi carrying his corpse around. He worked hard for this, let his earthly remains enjoy it a bit longer.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mommy-Barbarian is full of poo poo at least. The police spat on her, really? That might be something that's common in her native culture, but I've never ever heard of it happening around here. She should've come up with a better story for pity points.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

http://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/a1473645631773

aaand get ready for the great shitstorm of our age

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Nenonen posted:

It was not premeditated, but it was clearly on purpose. You don't accidentally kick someone to the ground except on soccer field. If you do assault someone then you must take responsibility of the consequences, whatever they are.

"I only pushed him a little, how could I know that he'd fall down the cliff and die? Gravity killed him."

This is no different from someone punching someone at nakkikioski. Yes, the kick was on purpose but there was no expectation that the other guy might die from it. There was a kuolemantuottamus sentencing for such a case literally last week, I don't see how this could be anything else.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

endlessmonotony posted:

They're not charged with murder anyway, because the name of the crime is in Finnish, and "kuolemantuottamus", "tappo" and "murha" all can translate to "murder".

The nazi scum intended to kick the victim, kicked the victim, and the victim died as a result of the kick. It's murder.

Was that a joke, because murder is a pretty clearly defined word and concept in every language. Manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter are not it. If there was no proven intent to kill it's involuntary manslaughter, this isn't really up for debate or a grey area of any kind.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 19, 2016

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If recent history is any indication, the excessive publicity is actually a sentence-reducing factor.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Finnish courts are usually extremely unwilling to dole out murder sentences. Even cases that have had premeditation, deliberation and excessive cruelty have been judged manslaughter just because the victim died quickly. It's pretty hosed up actually.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Speaking of nazis

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Poor Pahkasika, they don't stand a chance anymore

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Who the gently caress wants to spend their saturday afternoon on something like that, really

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I knew it, anime will save our economy

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

quote:

Videolla esiintyvää ulkomaalaistaustaista miestä epäillään 86-vuotiaan miehen taposta Helsingin Puotilassa heinäkuun lopussa. Epäilty on vangittu todennäköisin syin.

Palefacen julkaisi kesällä Emme suostu pelkäämään -nimisen musiikkivideon. Sen tarkoitus on hälventää pelkoja ja epäluuloja ulkomaalaisia kohtaan.

:ironicat:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Eikös Arhinmäki poseeraa tuossa videossa jonkun Antifa-lipun vieressä? Väkivaltainen äärijärjestö siinä missä SVL:kin.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I'm assuming Ligur is talking about this: https://www.facebook.com/kirsi.kilpelainen.9/posts/695458247285612

It's Kontula though, i.e. not a place anyone should go to or live in

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Frozen kalapuikko is lethal

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

PRETTY COLD HUH? The wind is a killer, my face is still numb 10 minutes after coming inside

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Mainio "tonnin seteli"-ilme

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Soini has been in a "2 days to retirement"-mode since the elections, he doesn't give a poo poo and no one gives a poo poo about him

Halla-aho still has some drive left so I'd expect him to stir the pot quite a bit more

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Is that a parody account, I can't tell

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Nothing in life is certain except death and taxes and Espoon keskus being a shithole

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Kemper Boyd posted:

The interesting thing is how nämä asiat nyt koetaan.

Last week, the Swedish police debunked the "OVER FIDDY NO GO ZONES IN SWEDEN" thing I've heard approximately a hundred times over the last few weeks on the Suomi Ensin streams and newspaper comments and argh: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6630452

Tl;dr: the original report identified 50+ problem areas so the police could focus extra resources on handling them. The kind of stuff you do on the regular in a law enforcement organization really. But the far right turned the areas into no go zones in their propaganda and it won't matter at all that it gets debunked time and time again.

This doesn't really help your argument: http://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9470881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Kemper Boyd posted:

Considering how poorly TF did, I think it's fair to restate the point that immigration just isn't the most important issue for most voters, despite what racists want people to believe.

This is more a cautionary tale against going to government without any means or intentions of pushing through policies your voters want