Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I dunno if this really counts, although the pictures are a pretty good laugh. When they were married, they did a vows renewal every year with a funny theme, and this was one of them. There's a pretty funny picture of (pregnant) Heidi Klum smoking a fake cigarette in the gown, too.

COMPLETE OUR RAINBOW

FOREVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

fonducci posted:

"Just hosed ur mom, longdick style"

Hello, Newman. (on the right)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cash crab posted:

Oh, right. I forgot to mention: the new Tumblr debacle is... [drum roll] Don't steal human bones!! uwu callout post.

There's a larger post about it, too. (Before you ask, yes, that was the least obnoxiously formatted page I could find.)

My favourite part of this is that, so far, only one person has asked, "Wait, why didn't they call the police or something?"

I am an osteoarchaeologist; holy poo poo, this is the worst loving idea. You need a worthless MSc for that sort of thing! :smith:

Honestly, though, that is an extremely stupid thing to do. There are health reasons as well as legal reasons and obvious HOLY poo poo SOCIETY reasons.

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

The dumb thing is I think you can still purchase skeletons that are from real humans from some universities. There are even entire companies based around selling human remains for medical purposes. Sure it'll cost you up to 10k for an entire set but it's all super professional. Pulling random bones you find out of the graveyard isn't even going to give you good quality ones.

One of the biggest ethical issues with this is that sometimes the universities purchase their human remains from third-party sellers, and THEY definitely don't always get bodies legally. It's a little bit Burke and Hare.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In the cases of legit bodies you actually go out and buy those are frequently donated. You actually do a poo poo load of different things with your body when you die. "I want to donate myself to science and have my skeleton put on display" is one of them. It costs to actually preserve the drat thing properly but really it isn't that hard to get a human skeleton if you pay the right price.
Kind of makes me want to donate my skeleton to an art department when I die. Hmm.

YES PLEASE DO THIS THERE ARE NEVER ENOUGH!

I present the first viral video I ever saw, Aicha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLjBCqeYYas (safe for work)

Also, these pictures of a friend of a friend:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

A serious question. Do medical students actually need real bones? Isn't it easier to buy a 3D-printed skeleton based on someone's bones?

Yes. Well, I can't speak for medical students. The thing about bones is that they're incredibly individual- there are different sizes and shapes of most features, like muscle attachment sites, or random nutrient foramina, or similar. You also want real bones so you can examine them for pathology, nonmetric traits, and other idiosyncratic features. A 3-D printed version, or even a good plastic version, is totally fine if you're learning basic anatomy or beginning a session on how to identify bones in the field, but for what I studied, a real bone was more valuable than gold. It's much more educational and helpful to have the real thing in your hands.

grate deceiver posted:

Wow, look at those dumb idiot people smiling. Don't they now that life is terrible and you shoud kill you're selve? Awkwaaard

You might be in the wrong thread.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sorry she said no dude. :(

I'm a heterosexual, married female.

Sorry I have different ideas of what makes someone attractive or not, I guess? I personally think a nine-mile gumline is unpleasant.

Can people stop attacking me personally for posting a picture of someone who I find awkward and ugly in the Awkward and Ugly thread? Take it to PMs if you really want to upbraid me for it.

My pics are on the forums somewhere; if you're that dedicated to finding them, go ahead. And then post yours.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

No one in this thread personally attacked you, you weirdo.

I disagree, but thank you for your input.

Back to the A/U/G! (unless the photo doesn't work, I'm having trouble with imgur.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cash crab posted:

I respectfully request that you tell us what convention this is from, if you know.

I don't know, sorry. :( I GISed "fat cosplay." Looks like it's from the GameFAQs forums. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/681990-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/64812063

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Wait, why would it be "EYBS" and "FYBS"? I know it's fully written as "Eff Your Beauty Standards," but surely Eff is F? Did she eat the alphabet and have to replace it really quickly with a discount version? I made an eat joke because she is fat, haha, get it so original, but seriously, why?

That bothers me.

Also, she is an rear end in a top hat.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

cash crab posted:

I like it when you post

I feel the same way. raccoon and fish love 4 lyfe!

Also, some content, so that I am not a no-content fartface.

I wish this was bigger, but also I don't.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

"Meninism." Dear lord, what a loving word.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I found this is in the funny forums quote thread I am a thingstealer

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Was the quote something about finding kraft singles in your area?

Yes, and it was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

미' 레이디

• Locked thread