Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION

Verge posted:

Here's a thought for car pollution: when you get your vehicle inspected, approximate efficiency is tested. You pay more the less MPG you have and the older car you have. Without discussing age, I feel like 60MPG should get $25 (because tags cost money, yo, as they always do) 40 should get...$80 (depending on how people feel about that), 20 should get $300 and after 20 it gets prohibitively expensive. You'd probably want to make a logarithmic function. Remember that this would be a bi-annual thing so it's not a common cost, though I kind of like the fact that it will land on many dumb people 'unexpectedly' and in that is sort of their 'punishment.'

I know that with catalytic converters and modern exhaust systems that cars don't pollute very much but getting and refining the oil DOES pollute the poo poo of the Earth.

I also know that electric vehicles are enigmatic and different people feel differently about them. They'd have to be accounted for in one way or another but tags probably isn't it - give them the 60MPG pricetag.

He's actually got a point. We have -enough- food, if I'm reading those charts right, we're just lovely at distributing it fairly. Now if people would just go on a loving diet and quit wasting food...

you can pry my 92' geo metro from my cold dead hands you statist pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU