Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Arkane posted:

Bzzt. Food production is growing faster than population, and has been for a very long time.

edit: India produces around 3000 kilograms of cereal yield per hectare, roughly half of what is produced in the United States, so the potential is there for India to increase its food output by a very large amount.

Here is the World Bank showing worldwide food production of cereals (wheat, rice, etc.) per hectare:

As you can see, it is increasing rapidly...

...and will continue to do so:

Food scarcity is a completely idiotic bogeyman.

I'm sure that food gets is evenly distributed to all geographic regions according to human population and need as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Do climate models have any problems grappling with the Ludic Fallacy?

No.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Hollismason posted:

What's the science behind a warm lake equal more snow? I don't understand that.

http://scijinks.jpl.nasa.gov/lake-snow/

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Nocturtle posted:

How would you go about proving this?

By doing it, of course!

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J3Ngiw7RWw

quote:

We scoff and roll our eyes
Yeah, we've heard this all before in a different guise
These shrill alarmist fears
We don't deign to entertain them, covering our ears

So where will we go when the waters threaten to wash us away?
And all of our sons and our daughters wilt in the heat of the day?
I feel the sun draw nearer, I feel the sea start to rise
Who's looking back in the mirror? Why are they closing -
Why are they closing their eyes?

Now that heavy curtain sways
And the man who stands behind tries to give his name
So we ask ourselves, "Who stands to gain?"
Soon our tired talking points are feeling awfully strained

Why are we closing, why are we closing our eyes?

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

call to action posted:

I don't give a gently caress that people are "scared" by the reality of climate change, it's loving reality and denying such lead us to the morally, politically, and spiritually degenerate place we are today.

I literally despise people who whitewash terror in order to not offend fat retards. I saw this at the Monterey Bay Aquarium a few weeks ago - it used to have an exhibit that terrified me as a child, where a pound of cooked shrimp were surrounded by hundreds of pounds of exotic animals that were killed to get it. That was 15+ years ago and I still think about it.

Now, though? No such exhibit. Climate change is mentioned, but only on the boring signs that nobody reads - what they should do is force you through a gallery of what's happening today and what WILL happen tomorrow and not let you leave 'til you experience it.

If you can't handle the reality of climate change, you're no better than some dumbass Trump voter who can't handle the reality of racism or sexism or any of that poo poo. It's time to stop catering to dumbass cattle who wouldn't lift a finger to help another and start showing them their doomed future. Disgusting revisionists like the folks in this thread would whitewash the Holocaust Museum if it meant not having their precious feelings offended.

We need a loving glass case of the loving shoes of Indonesian and Bangladeshi kids who have already been killed by this poo poo. And the rest of you need to learn about the scale of the problem, where some new clean power plant doesn't mean loving poo poo when India is still building coal at full tilt.

good username/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
Pruitt is out, so that's nice, at least until whatever new lunatic is appointed.