Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
The weather here has been very pleasant lately. Thanks, climate change!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Overflight posted:

I'm not happy. I am cursing my brother for being ignorant enough to have children. I am regretting the fact that there is someone else in this planet to suffer. I am dreading the fact that it's going to be one more person who I have the "obligation" to defend in the coming chaos (especially given that my relationship with my family is pretty rocky). Yes, I am that guy. I will call them and act all smiley and congratulatory but I am that guy.

Have you considered that you may actually be depressed or something?

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
You're such a negative nancy.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
That's why monarchy

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

I'd rather people believe that than wail about how it is pointless to even try.

Yes and why wouldn't it be true?

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
Things are gonna be fine.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Burt Buckle posted:

Do you think humanity will survive our upcoming massive die off or is this our extinction event?

There won't be a mass die-off.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Unless war came.

I don't see how nuclear war could come from climate change. (Human stupidity could always cause nuclear war though, always exciting.)
I don't see how water wars will do more than heap more suffering onto those that are already suffering.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

You know how people die in heat waves when power grid blackouts happen? Yeah, imagine that on several layers of steroids.

You mean like old people? The elderly dying a bit earlier because of the heat isn't going to cause population collapse.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

TildeATH posted:

Are you kidding me?

I think it's pretty simple to note that three countries that will be significantly adversely affected by climate change (India, Pakistan & China) are all nuclear powers.

Sure, but how is this going to result in theor governments using nuclear weapons? Climate change might increasy internal dissent, trigger civil war,. destabilize the government as it's doing in the Middle East & Africa. But why would this result in the use of nuclear weapons? They nuke their own people to achieve??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

StabbinHobo posted:

"boomers voluntarily sacrifice a single little thing for the greater good"

The others are good but parody needs to be at least vaguely believable to work.